Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting disconnected?

Options
  • 15-01-2006 4:57pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing random dosconnections from wow?
    Almost everytime i login and enter world i get disconnected a minute later.
    When i rejoin i can be fine for hours or maybe 30 minutes later im disconnected again.
    I know the recent patch was meant to sort this but itsnot for me :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Fine here. Delete you WTF folder. It may help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭DirtyHarry

generally if ur experiencing disconnects like that.....then its propably ur add-ons. Make sure u update all ur addons (that can be) and then if it still persists turnoff some of ur addons and see if its one of them that kicks u off.

i know i got disconnected alot after the patch came out coz of my ct raid addon. Had to update and after i was fine.

WoW: Lafarge (60 Shaman)
    Bladefist (lagfist)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

It's fine, Learn to Play.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Come again?

Thanks dirty harry and Joe for help.
    Still happening,might be an isp issue even though other games are fine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

DRakE wrote:

no no no...we've come along way since 'learn to play'....its just l2p now.

as for the disconnections, try the official tech support forums (obvious i know). sorted out a few problems for me, they did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

They made a massive EFF up with the latest patc, I couldn't play for 5days due to disconnections. everything was configured correct, and hey bingo back to being fine again without changing anything.

Blizz are feckin useless bellixes. The Comp - Tweaking / Modding crew from boards could do a better job, with 10 PIII's and a few KVM Switchs :)

Ive tried everything suggested on many forums including tech support official.
    Its only since the latest 2 patches which were in quick succession to eachother.
    Before them all was well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Fcuking dissconnects are killing me, Im in WSG 4times in a row and get disconnected and get no mark of honour lose out on a load of HK's and am branded a deserter!

Im getting sick of it tbh and so close to cancelling wow.
    Its anything from 3-6 disconnects per jour now :(
    When it gets really late with a lowly populated realm i might get to stay connected for a few hours.
    It is not a hardware or connection problem as i have done extensive testing on both.
    Support ticket submitted to blizzard as a final throw of the dice,love wow but this is infuriating now,so close to jacking it in and booting up guild wars again.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Hrm - someone I know had a similar problem and went mucking about with their network card settings - something about changing to full duplex or similar silliness which shouldn't (as far as I know) resolve the issue but did. Might be worth screen shotting your settings (if you don't know them off by heart) and then experimenting a little.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

something like this happens to me every time just after a patch has been released. Have to delte all the mods in my interface folder then just keep logging in and it sorts itself out after awhile. Then i restore the mods.

Are you using a dsl connection?

Yeah im on eircom 2mb/128 connection.
    I have tried without mods and addons,reinstalled then tried before any mods or addons also.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Its Eircom going tits up tbh.
    Probably due to the upgrades.

Very possible but its the last 2 weeks.
    I hope your right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Been having this problem since this morning, im on a 1mb eircom line, getting random disconnects which is making gameplay almost impossible right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Me and a mate are playing and are getting diss'd at the same time. Noone else on our server is having that problem so I'm putting it down to the isp. Hope it sorts itself out soon ffs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

myself and 2 friends are getting constantly disconnected at the moment. its bloody annoying. tried changing dns as well, but it only worked for a few minutes. and since i still have net access, it must be a blizzard problem.

Its bloody weird and annoying.
    All my other games are fine which makes it even more puzzeling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Dcully wrote:
    Nope that taint it for 2 reasons, no1 Im on an IBB connection and no 2 dns aint used by blizzard for connetions!
    Tis a server and netwok capacity issue on their end1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

am getting this as of today also...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

its a pita im the only druid the guild has in bwl atm and we're just about ot make our first decent attempt on razorgore

its happening to two other people i know with eircom, on a differnet realm, and they all occur at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

happening to me on draenor 2, was fine all day, no probs, then suddenly this evening disconnecting constantly, its a right pain in the arse TBH

Was in MC about to do DOMO and raggy raid replaced me cause of this i aint happy at all

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

anyone with any solid info on this, it only seems to disconnect wow, and ventrilo, IE stays working

*boggle*

Was fine for me until tonight. Kicked 3 times in 30 minutes. Trying to organise a raid to UBRS and I seem to be the only one being affected :s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Chavster

same here everything was fine yesterday and tonight it's unplayable. Max i managed to go without disconnecting was 20mins with or without addons :mad:

on eircon 2Mb line here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

same issue here on teranus, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Over an hour and a half of disconnects, for a total of 15 in that time. Last night I played for 3 hours no probs.

• Advertisement

Is this an Eircom issue here; or is anybody experiencing this not with Eircom?

Somebody has posted about it on Technical Support

http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-tech-support-en&t=246886&p=1&tmp=1#post246886

Advertisement