Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting disconnected?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

mine seems fixed now been on over 45mins np

[edit]i spoke too soon :([/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Mine is still fugged, just laster about 30 minutes when my ping went to about 600 and then i got disconnected. Words cant express how much id like to molest and torture who ever is responsible for this.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

4 people in my guild also having the problem. Im having it on broadband and isdn, which are both eircom. Everyone on my server are also with eircom and we get the disconnects at the exact same time! Get onto eircom if this keeps happening but as they dont 'support online gaming' tell them it disconnects your msn, web pages etc. Definitly an eircom ireland issue :(

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

yep it's an eircom issue. me and 3 others from the guild were having the same problems last night. I was getting randomly disconnected throughout the evening. My connection has been fine for months up to this. I thought it might have been just Bladefist so went to Haomarush and got disconnected after 10 minutes again. The others also us eircom and appearently Eircom are upgrading networks. Hope the hell they have it sorted this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

From personal experience I can stated that a 2 second hang on your connection will cause disconnection from the server unless you're very lucky. I sometimes get this and when I check my constantly running ping (ping www.whatever.com /t) it ALWAYS shows a momentary drop in connection. I would suggest trying the running ping test to attempt to discover if it's a connection or Blizzard issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

just to let you all know, its happening again this morning :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

:/ I was wondering why I was being disconnected. On sunday it was fine but then last night, i played for about 30 minutes and got disconnected twice, both when i was fighting mobs, i logged on again and all my gear was yellow and i was dead :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Goldilocks1

Same happens to me on Bladefist.

Also noted it takes a while to access some web pages.

I got dissconencted again this morning.

I rang Eircom and he gave me some different DNS settings.

I'm trying the old Indigo ones now and it seemed to be ok..but I need longer to test.

Goldilocks...friend of Glaskopft.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

All please post to this thread

http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-tech-support-en&t=246886&s=new&tmp=1#new

So we can get a response from the useless feckers.

Tnx a mil,

Inqui

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

for those with Eircom, read this. the DNS settings in that post might make a difference

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054875347

I'm at work so can't confirm this so could anybody try this and see if it works alright

• Advertisement

I'd hold off blaming Blizzard tbh.

I havent dissed in last hour..all green latency..since I changed DNS settings.

I'll keep an eye on it through the day.

G.

There is no DNS involved in connecting to blizz. So it makes no difference at all if you change them.

I find the disconnect issues are better at off-peak times, like now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I tried all possible DNS settings yesterday and it made no difference :(

DNS is Domain Name Server, it translates www.boards.ie into an IP like 83.275.43.89

WOW connects directly to an IP so changing the DNS will make NO difference whatsoever!

Just tried there now for 2 mins and for first time in days i stayed connected.
    Then again its off peak time right now.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054875998

Read that....they on Eircom...no mention of WoW...and X-box users getting random dissconnects..

Well why did boards.ie take so long for me to load...and google...

This morning I had the big red 4000 ping (around 10 o clock)..and got dissconnected twice...like last night.

Since I've changed to the Indigo DNS settings I have had great connection and have not dissed once.

I'll keep checking today...to see if I get another dissconnect.

Could someone check to see if they are still suffering from disconnects?.

Hi Cully ..DemonBaby here btw.

G.

Last night I went through RFK with some low lev guild alts..and spent 40 mins at least in there ok...I thought all was great..then wham I got dissed.

I think a good 3 to 4 hour session is needed to see if your cured :)

DB

Lo Brian m8,knew it was you with your female name :P

Im too scared to ask Devore for my details for Nemesis ..my main board account :)...last time I asked I gave him the wrong email addy.

I too tried different DNS last night and it didnt make any difference (but I think I did it wrong).

Ill go on a lunch break now and check....Going to BWL tonight to try Vael..so I hope its sorted :o

Spent last hour in AB all was fine.

So either WoW (which i aint blaming btw) fixed it.

Eircom sorted something.

Or DNS change did something....

Or big worry..it aint really fixed and its going to bite me in the b0llixs tonight :)

G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

we got a couple of blue responses on that blizz thread mentioned above.

Everyone should go and post the details they are asking for.

(thread here: http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-tech-support-en&t=246886&s=new&tmp=1#new )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

I dont think this is confined to WOW at all. I don't have WOW installed any more, but I can't play any online games at the minute. I'll join a server and get kicked within a few minutes every single time. I'm on esat/bt 2 meg btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Inquitus wrote:
    DNS is Domain Name Server, it translates www.boards.ie into an IP like 83.275.43.89

WOW connects directly to an IP so changing the DNS will make NO difference whatsoever!

Spot on...

I was getting this problem last night too... most people on the realm seemed to be fine... so maybe it is Eircom (Not a DNS issue as stated)

Personally though, the migrations happening at the same time aint no co-in-ki-dink

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

happened to me last night too. getting disconnects from vent and wow. I beleive its confined to eircom customers and not a wow issue coz the rest of the guild who weren't on eircom had no problems at all.

missed the guilds first downing of firemaw :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Mine was fine all day until about 5 minutes ago, my ping gradually went from 50 to 400 and then disconected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

its starting to happen again........ sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

just started again for me also been fine all day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

ring eircom tech support. so they get off their asses, i was just onto a lad called Steven, didnt have a clue what i was on about, just said to go into NAT settings and stick in the wow port in there and to put firewall on low

He said i was the only call logged with it, and i explained in detail what was happening, need more calls to them so they actually look into it, it looks like a dns lookup problem, or a port problem with eircoms routing...

Its very close to peak time now guys and thats when all the problems happen.
    Personally i blame both parties here,there is obviously an eircom link but why can i play ALL other game for hours with usual ping? which also suggests a wow issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Saw about 5 Eircom vans around my area ripping up stuff. Probably unrelated.

Was fine all day until about 20 minutes ago. Gah.

Advertisement