Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting disconnected?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Goldilocks1

yup was all fine for me too..till I checked just now..

I rang today and reported these problems...and asked the guy to take note of them as other people are suffering too.
    Why am I not suprised they know nothing!.

I see IBB customers suffering too...

Strange how you can play ALL other games Damian..even x-box guys were getting dissed.

Glask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

It would be ok if it were completely gone, but the fact that it last about 10 minutes and then happens is F*CKING annoying.... it makes me keep thinkin, "maybe this time, maybe this time"

i wasted a whole night last night....

when i go home it better not be the same... it better not....

Well Ive rang Eircom broadband support again..and actually got the tech support guy to look at this page and the wow tech support.

He said he will draw it to the attention of his superviser.

Someone else ring them now :)...

"1890-260-260 is eircom tech supports number, log a call with eircom tech support explaning this problem, a few have already but the more that do it the more they have to take notice and actually look into it and do something "..from Wow-EU

Keep ringing till their reply is "we are aware of the problem" la de da

Glask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

that was me o_0

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

BArra wrote:
    that was me o_0
    Fix it then!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Ive just been on to Eircom tech support, told the guy my problem, he said he didnt really know what to do except to make a "pinhole". Is this just port forwarding?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

yes pinhole = port-forwarding.

Tho the easiest way to test if that is the issue is to put your Router in DMZ mode so if forwards everything thru to the NAT Address assigned to your gaming comp.

he told u wrong, that will do nothing.

so dont bother even trying, he didnt have a clue so he just told u to do that, log more calls to escalate the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Yes and Barra is right it will make no fecking difference!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just set my router firewall to low to test and stayed connected before logging off as im concerned about firewall on low setting.
    Im going to reset to medium and try again later.

• Advertisement

been working for me tonight after the initial up and down, something fixed somewhere, fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

BArra wrote:
    been working for me tonight after the initial up and down, something fixed somewhere, fingers crossed.

Same here, ping wasnt to healthy but i wasnt disconnected.

I had a 5 hour session with no dissconnections.

Killed Vael too....well he killed me a lot more though :).

G.

No problems tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

No problems here anymore either... It was quite bad too. latency of like 2000+

YOu do know that eircom is updating their BB so it is more than likely that. Huge upgrade. The upload speed is quadroupling and the general connection speed is going to double, me thinks. IT is supposedly happening this weekend. Kiith informed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Doesn't bother me :D

<3 NTL

God damn it got 2 disconnects since i logged in at 3:15 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Played yesterday for a few hours from 6 onwards, got no disconnections whatsoever.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

well, you'll be fecked for the next 2 days, but then it should be alot better with the larger down/upload speeds this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Kiith wrote:
    well, you'll be fecked for the next 2 days, but then it should be alot better with the larger down/upload speeds this weekend.
    Has been fine for me the last couple of days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement