Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB SMTP Server

• 15-01-2006 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Can anyone give me the name of the IBB SMPT server for entering into my mail account settings?

Thnx ..B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 n0tsane

smtp.irishbroadband.ie

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭zx80

Thnx ...B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Sorry if this sounds stupid but does IBB now provide e-mail addresses?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Steffano2002 - they always have

Well that's news to me! When I subscribed to IBB I asked them about setting up an e-mail account (...@irishbroadband.ie) and they told me this wasn't possible...

How do I go about doing this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

We got told too it was not an option but as we could not sent emails via a mail client ( thunder bird ect) using an eircom address we should use the ibb smtp to send the mails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

ring them up at the weekend and ask to get an email address. they'll giv u a xxx@irishbroadband.net address for free. all u do is stick smtp.irishbroadband,ie into the incoming and outgoing servers in ur client and hey presto. tho u obviously need ur username and password, which u choose and tell them and thats it.

The_B_Man wrote:
    ring them up at the weekend and ask to get an email address. they'll giv u a xxx@irishbroadband.net address for free. all u do is stick smtp.irishbroadband,ie into the incoming and outgoing servers in ur client and hey presto. tho u obviously need ur username and password, which u choose and tell them and thats it.

Thanks for explaining The_B_Man! ;) Next time I'm on the phone to them and I'll ask them to set up an e-mail address for me!

Advertisement