Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection Problems Please Help!!!!!

Options
  • 15-01-2006 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all.
    Im having problems connecting 2 servers. when the map loads it either crashes just before i start 2 play or a minute after. i keep getting the (connetcion 2 the server has been lost) message, or (there is a problem with your connection)

Everything worked fine until a couple of days ago, since then ive reinstalled the game, dissabled the firewall but nothing seems 2 work.I can browse the internet no problem. any ideas would be much appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Does it happen on particular servers? I get it on one or two servers, but I find others work no problem. I also find that on the 2nd try, I can usually get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 fatturkey

every server its very strang it was grand the other day

ive tried reconnecting 4 or 5 times 2 the same server still no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Macker1

fatturkey wrote:
    Hi all.
    Im having problems connecting 2 servers. when the map loads it either crashes just before i start 2 play or a minute after. i keep getting the (connetcion 2 the server has been lost) message, or (there is a problem with your connection)

Everything worked fine until a couple of days ago, since then ive reinstalled the game, dissabled the firewall but nothing seems 2 work.I can browse the internet no problem. any ideas would be much appreciated thanks.

Sorry to hear the problems...

What ISP are you using ???

Esat BT 2 mb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

How do other games go? Kinda had the same problem, i used get it an hour or so into a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054863302

I get that too, its SO frustrating, all other games work fine (hl1 based games, all hlsource based games, cod2).
    I load the map and BAM "connection to server lost", if I tab-out of the game and go back 95% of the time "connection to server lost".
    Some nights I can`t even play the game I get it SO often, other nights it works fine. The nights bf2 won`t work I go play the games I already mention with no bother, such a pain in the arse.

I`m all patched up, punkbuster is up to date, all ports are open, it has to be the isp, but I don`t know what the bloody problem is so I can`t complain. I`ve already tried "bf2 won`t work, help me", they weren`t that interested :(

The only advice I can give is go to your options screen and turn the music OFF, so you don`t have to listen to that crap when you are having to reconnect 4/5 times :(

yeah counter strike seems 2 work fine ill keep trying anyway cheers for the help lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Not just me then, get this alot, happens on about 80% of servers, happens frequently, but always happens when I fly and always at the worst possible times. :mad:

Im on BT 2mb too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

im on the BT Ireland 2mb aswell, i've never come across this problem i always seem to have no problem connecting, less then 1% of the time i have a problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Out of curiosity, people who are getting connection problems, what firewall if any do you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Well to make your gaming easier Eircom have done upgrades to their broadband which will take effect yesterday!

Old 1Mb Downstream / 128k Upstream
    New 2Mb Downstream / 256k Upstream

Old 2Mb Downstream / 128k Upstream
    New 3Mb Downstream / 384k Upstream

Old 3Mb Downstream / 256k Upstream
    New 4Mb Downstream / 384k Upstream

Old 4Mb Downstream / 256k Upstream
    New 5Mb Downstream / 512k Upstream

I didn't really want to post this info else where as this is really the only place I go on these boards and the animé forum of course :D

Advertisement