Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Forgotten PIN

• 15-01-2006 6:49pm

What can I do? I can't remember my O2 PIN number. I'm in Spain so can't go to any O2 shop etc. To make things worse I can't log onto the website to try to sort it out. I've tried twice and the third try will lock me out. Is there any way to hack it or find out what it is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

ring up O2 and request the PUK. They should have a number for non national queries, don't know it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

O2 International Customer care is +35361203501

Give them a ring as hakko1872003 suggests and they should sort you out. Once you put the wrong PIN into the phone it will ask for a PUK. You then have 5 (or 8? can't bloody remember!) times to put that in and reset your PIN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ciaranfo wrote:
    O2 International Customer care is +35361203501

Give them a ring as hakko1872003 suggests and they should sort you out. Once you put the wrong PIN into the phone it will ask for a PUK. You then have 5 (or 8? can't bloody remember!) times to put that in and reset your PIN.

i thought it was 10:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 loofa_meister

Well if you exceed the number of times for putting in the PUK (i think it's 10) it locks the sim and you cant ever use it again AFAIK

i thought it was 10:confused:
    I didn't think it was that much ... might ring customer care later and have a chat ... might pop that question in too while I'm there :)

• Advertisement

Well if you exceed the number of times for putting in the PUK (i think it's 10) it locks the sim and you cant ever use it again AFAIK
    Pretty much ... it's not an easy task to get it to work again anyhow ... and not cost effective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

I think it depends on the phone you use. The PUK2 code was blocked on my old sim. I had it in a siemens c35i that I once had and it would let you enter the PUK2 even thought most other phones would not let you.

Advertisement