Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how can you find out what dvd rom you have

• 15-01-2006 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

how can you find out what dvd rom you have with out opening your computer?

i got cpu-z but it doesn't show up in that.

also when i boot up the pc the dvd rom drive doesnt show up, and i cant open it , the light on the front of the drive is flash . but nothing else.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Is there anything listed in the BIOS?
    Is it listed in Device Manager (Perhaps enable the option to Show Hidden Devices)?
    Try Belarc Advisor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

It'll only show there correctly if the correct drivers are installed, otherwise its listed as a generic device. Since the question was mirrored in this thread, they may not be.
    when i boot up the pc the dvd rom drive doesnt show up, and i cant open it , the light on the front of the drive is flash
    Does the device show up in the BIOS? It could be that the jumper oin the back is incorrectly set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Just noticed that thread... :rolleyes:

What make/model is the machine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

No it doesnt show in the bios or in the device manager,

but it's very wierd, It is the computer that i just installed a new hard drive,

but it worked and worked up until a few minutes ago. so i dont know why, thats why i wanted to find out it the drivers are installed but i dont know how to check.

but the flashing on the drive tells me there is power going to it.

any ideas?

it's a dell 4100 i think.
    dont know the drive make and model .,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Did you set the hard drive on the same ribbon as the DVD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

i opened it up again and unplug the leads and then plugged them back in again and it worked so far,

thanks guys,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 skantflock

if its a dell you can go to there website and type in your dell service tag, its a sticker on the side of ur pc or maybe the back, if you type it in you can access your systems full spec and download drivers and updates for everything that is in your pc, pretty handy if you ask me

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/index.aspx?c=ie&cs=iedhs1&l=en&s=dhs

you can enter your personal service tag or if you cant find it just pick your model number from the menu

Advertisement