Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you like your college course??

• 15-01-2006 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how many people out there are currently doing a college course that they dont actually like but are doing anyway and plan to finish becuase they want to get something out of the time they have put in.

Do you like your course? 48 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 48 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Nope, currently considering dropping out and getting an apprenticeship or changing course to electronic engineering.

It's a toughey...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Lady_Macbeth

ehhhh....its a toughie..... I voted yes, but I'm really a bit more indifferent towards it as I don't really plan on using it afterwards (much). I like college though :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

In my first year, going into my second semester.

I hate my Maths Teacher, ignorant prick. Only have a class of about 5 who are planning on making a complaint about an assignment he gave us, which nobody had a clue how to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

I voted yes because i would if i went to my classes which i will next semester.still dont know if i passed the first semester and i have no idea when the second semester starts!!!I'm so Fu**in disorganised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I forgot to include my own feelings about my course.

I really liked it for the first 3 years and i have a Degree.
    Went into 4th year very enthused but as the year progressed i just got pissed off and now im just doing it as ive come this far.

I really think im about to fail alot of my exams which are over the next 2 weeks. If i do ill drop out. I really just dont care anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I voted yes because i would if i went to my classes which i will next semester.still dont know if i passed the first semester and i have no idea when the second semester starts!!!I'm so Fu**in disorganised.
    If your in WIT...

You get this week of and you start on January 23rd. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Yeah, it's brilliant, thanks for asking.

Politics and History, final year.

Courses I'm doing in Politics:
    The Troubles in Northern Ireland
    Post-Communism in Eastern Europe

Courses I'm doing in History:
    Irish Foreign Policy 1919-1973
    The Irish Experience (?)

But yeah. I'm pretty psyched by them. Except The Irish Experience, that's kind of ambiguous, dunno what that really entails as yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Wrong fcuking forum, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Stop posting retard threads in AH, please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

yeah it's great - New Media and English in UL

did half a year's work experience and half a year abroad with it, back to UL proper in February.... 12 hours weeks woohoo

It's easy "I like this book because...."

Brilliant course!

Oh and the people are really cool too!

zabbo wrote:
    Wrong fcuking forum, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28

Stop posting retard threads in AH, please

Relax tool!

I posted it here as it has a wide variety of people viewing it. Who actually looks at the Edu forum regularly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Relax tool!

I posted it here as it has a wide variety of people viewing it. Who actually looks at the Edu forum regularly?
    Right so you knew it was the wrong place to post it, yet put it here to get more exposure.

Problem is that you and every other pathetic thread starter in AH are posting crap that could be posted elsewhere.

If i had posted it in the Education forum it would be unlikely that i would get a true answer to the question because in my opinion most people who visit the Education forum would be interested in education and would probably all like their selected courses.

Posting in AH lets the thread access to an equal cross section of the boards community.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

zabbo wrote:
    Problem is that you and every other pathetic thread starter in AH are posting crap that could be posted elsewhere.

No really, relax... I don't think this thread is causing anyone too much distress like. AH is the most general forum therefore the one that will attract most thread starters, whether they are (in your opinion) pathetic or not.

And it's not crap, it's a subject that concerns a large number or people and that a large number of people would be interested in.

So, chill - tell the mods if you think it should be moved.

I think this is the right place for it too. Although my opinion doen't usually matter.

Oh and I love my course. :)

I think this is the right place for it too. Although my opinion doen't usually matter.

Oh and I love my course. :)

Everyones opinion matters :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

back on topic....

i'm doing computer science (2nd year) in DIT. have to say i'm disliking it. it's a badly run course (exams are popping up out of nowhere during christmas break). don't get me wrong, i long for my degree to get out there and work (i'm aiming for the games industry), but i'm pissed off at the course. it seems 3rd and 4th year are fantastic, but 2nd year has been a drag of epic proportions. the amount of people talking about dropping out and/or failing is a joke.

oh well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I like mine. There are times when I hate it but over alll I think it's great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

yes..I should like it. im in 4th year, but 5 years in college...
    cant wait to get out though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Yeah I love my course, final year veterinary - lock up your cats and dogs:eek: Probably love the people in it more than the course though, its your friends that form your opinions on college life imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

SebtheBum wrote:

Courses I'm doing in History:
    Irish Foreign Policy 1919-1973
    The Irish Experience (?)

But yeah. I'm pretty psyched by them. Except The Irish Experience, that's kind of ambiguous, dunno what that really entails as yet...

You sir, are a freak! :p I am dreading this "Irish Experience".......more modern crap! I am however very much looking forward to Sexuality in Medieval Society (or something like that...cant remember the full title)

English may not be so great.......19th century literature (Bleak House and the like)

Overall I do like my course and find it really interesting.....I'd like a bit more choice though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Baffled

Yep, I love my course.

Architectural Technology. Very interesting imo. Not too impressed about being constantly broke though. Cant wait to finish and start working!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

I like my course (UL Computer Systems) I hate it sometimes (Like now, poxy data structures) but overall I like it.

Great craic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I liked my course. I'm now sick of business, but I'll continue just to finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

In final year of Computer Science & Software Engineering and absolutely HATE it..... the course does nothing to prepare you for the outside world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Love my course, in Core in NCAD at the moment, love coming back up to Dublin.

This is my 2nd year studing art, through a Fetac course last year.

I couldn't imagine myself doing anything else really... Except nursing I guess...but meh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Love my course, finally gettin to do something im interested in rather than 7 subjects of complete pish! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

For the most part this semester, I do like all my classes and teachers. Then again, it just started, so we'll see if one of them turns into my "worst" class of the semester. I don't drop classes though, because yes, I do want to get them out of the way. And besides, I'd lose money ... and that's not cool.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

My course is great. My college is a load of bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

My college is a load of bollox.

I'd have to agree with this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

I'd have to agree with this.

:eek: Take that back!

Advertisement