Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you like your college course??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Yeah as time goes by I like mine less and less. But with only a few months to go I'll stick it out. I'll be in the minority here but the whole college thing just has n't lived up to what I thought it would be.
    In saying that you get out what you put in and I did n't make enough of an effort.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

:eek: Take that back!
    What, you disagree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

:eek: Take that back!

nevaaarrrr!!!

Sorry LH, but imo UCD is pretty poor. Profit over education is bad bad bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Really like the course so far. I don't have any particular problems with UCD itself either :v:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i like it, could have been worse,
    it could have been in belfield polytechnic,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

I love my course (except for the sometimes boring business subjects!)

Great people, great atmosphere and interesting classes!

Oh and UCdoubleD is a great college.....it's providing you with an education and entertainment....what's wrong with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Thats the spirit waltons and van, who cares about profit over education, lets leave that to the educatocrats, its alcomohol over academia that really matters!! I fecking love the place and want it to have my babies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I like my course (UCD BSc Computer Science, 2nd year). It's letting my inner nerd shine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Posting in AH lets the thread access to an equal cross section of the boards community.

Read the charter. Do not post here "just to reach a larger audience". You should have posted this in Education and there is no reason for this being here. You are in essence diverting traffic away from the education forums by not posting threads there.

This thread is moved and BrokenArrows, read the charter before you post please.

In plain English: AH is not the "general forum" where you can put whatever you like. If there is a forum for the topic you are posting about, post the thread there. There is more than enough material to keep AH busy without taking away threads from other forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

i love my course, mathematical science, DIT. great course, love the collge too.
    hated Arts in UCD last year..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Like my course, but hate the business subject we do with it. (computer science DIT)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

This thread should have been left where it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

This thread should have been left where it was.

*raises an eyebrow*

What? Did I not make it clear enough in my post. Read the AH charter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Final year of Multimedia Degree at DCU and I love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

didn't like my first course so i changed. Didn't like my second course so i changed. Now im in my third and i think i'll like it.3 months of work to catch up on though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

Yeah as time goes by I like mine less and less. But with only a few months to go I'll stick it out. I'll be in the minority here but the whole college thing just has n't lived up to what I thought it would be.
    In saying that you get out what you put in and I did n't make enough of an effort.
    Feel exactly the same. Im doing chemistry which is doing my head in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Love mine(Third Year, Fiontar, DCU) But then I'm a bit of an oddball in that I knew which course I wanted to pick when I was in 5th year in secondary! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Yes-ish. Doing Arts UCD. Course gives you options so you're bound to find something you like and it doesn't have a massive workload. I failed one subject in 1st year so I'm repeating the year (abliet only a sixth of the course) but I'm sure once I get into 2nd year it will get better and more focused towards getting the degree.

Pity about the UCD as a college though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Pity about the UCD as a college though. :(
    No disagreement here.

There's some b*tchy ppl out there, and it does make it difficult to bother getting to know other people after such an introduction to the college, know what I mean?

Advertisement