Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your current lighter!*

• 15-01-2006 11:06pm
    Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭
    byte

So, what lighter do you currently use to light your ciggies? Maybe it's a fancy Zippo, or maybe it's one of those "7 for a euro" lighters? Or perhaps, you just prefer a box of Cara, the friendly matches! :)

Me currently, I use "BiC electronic" lighter! IMHO, they're the best of the disposables!

*Yes, another crap thread! :|

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I have always been meaning to get myself a good lighter that i will look after and not lose , but i can't really see that happening. So what i use instead is what ever is in my pocket , I have no idea where i get these lighters from and it makes me laugh that everytime i go out i end up home with either NO lighter or someone else's ! I am a lighter thief :)

I am so proud of the fact my little sister bought me a fancy dan Zippo xmas '04 and I still have it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

I'm a terror for losing lighters so at the moment it's just one of your basic Spar jobbies. I've got a nice Zippo but I just never seem to find the time to go and buy flints and fuel for them.

alleepally wrote:
    I'm a terror for losing lighters so at the moment it's just one of your basic Spar jobbies. I've got a nice Zippo but I just never seem to find the time to go and buy flints and fuel for them.

belive me you dont lose them , people take them it how the lighter circle works :)

Sarge wrote:
    belive me you dont lose them , people take them it how the lighter circle works :)

Ah yes, forgot about that, I'm guilty of inadvertently pocketing someones lighter and then forgetting who I borrowed it off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,934 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I'm using a disposable electric 'clicky' lighter with an icey/water droplet picture wrapped around it.

Actually I fogot all about zippo lighters! I really miss that smell of lighter fluid, but after nearly setting my bedroom carpet on fire a few years ago; I'm finished with 'em tbh. :eek:

Mmmm, actually I'd love a box of matches right about now... aah that unmistakable smell of a freshly struck match! :D
    It'd certainly make my ashtray look a little more interesting aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

I generally use about three to four lighters at one time. On my table at the moment are two bics and three half used boxes of matches. In My pocket is a texaco clicky one complete with eye brow cingeing flame! Someday when i'm rich and famous i'll buy a zippo.

Dimitri wrote:
    I generally use about three to four lighters at one time. On my table at the moment are two bics and three half used boxes of matches. In My pocket is a texaco clicky one complete with eye brow cingeing flame! Someday when i'm rich and famous i'll buy a zippo.

Jaysus, what are ye like :-) Afraid you'll wake up in the middle of the night dying for a smoke and won't have a light? :D

You definitely need to get yourself a zippo pronto and make it a good one as you'll never forget your first zippo!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'm a matches man, 14c and youcant go wrong....

however i am partical to the lighter circle....

• Advertisement

I think when i get paid ill treat myself to a zippo , if the price is right or hit at the GF to get me one for valentines day.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

alleepally wrote:
    Jaysus, what are ye like :-) Afraid you'll wake up in the middle of the night dying for a smoke and won't have a light? :D
    Agh god no you make me sound like an addict!

Dimitri wrote:
    Agh god no you make me sound like an addict!

Don't worry, I'm an addict too but only need the one lighter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Always have more than one way of lighting a smoke. Nothing worse than shaking an empty lighter while the cigarette hangs from your mouth. Makes you look like an addict or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,934 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Currently using a 50 year old zippo with vietnam inscriptions on it - sister picked it up in saigon - thought it was fake until a i checked up a bit on it - she spent much more than i would've liked her to but great christmas pressie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

I have a Zippo currently in pieces - need to get new flints for it. Using one of those Djeep yokeys from Spar.

also have a Djeep, Mine has a Dog on it.....

Have No idea where i got it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

also have a Djeep, Mine has a Dog on it.....

Have No idea where i got it
    I have one at the moment with a cat on it. It's pink. God I shouyld have asked for a different one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

bic_lighters.jpg
    Can't go wrong with one of these. Best disposable EVAR!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yup, using one at the moment. They definitely are the best disposables by a long shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Have a lurvly little engraved zippo that the UCD boardsies got me when I stopped moderating.

It's really nice. Not too big, quite girly really. Can't beat a lifetime guarantee. :D

Have one of the new Safety Lighters That You need to Push in then down atm

Dont worry, i'll have lost it by tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i'm on Zippo #2 at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    i'm on Zippo #2 at the moment

:confused:

I collect Zippos, and I've never lost one.

I have a Matt Black one, like this

A shiney chrome one, like this

A brass one, with the "Solid Brass" engraving, like this

A "spectrum" one, like this

An Iron Stone one, like this

I'm very picky about the ones I buy or ask for.

I don't like the raised additions to the lighters or the kind of sticker type things that can wear off with use. I don't like the word "Zippo" to appear anywhere but on the base of the lighter

I'd love a copper one, a black ice one, a sapphire one, a red matt one

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i had my first one for nearly 2 years when i left it down and a few min later i realised i had to get a bus so i left the place forgetting i'd left it down, thus losing it. my current one is an uber shiny chrome one, kind of mirrored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

"Let there be light..."

2lx9efn.jpg

I got this not long after I started smoking 6 years ago and still use it to this day.
    I did buy a second one at one stage that had a 3d pistol design on it which looked quite cool, but I dropped it while out one night and it ceased to make the satisfying 'click' noise when closing it, so I put it aside

I find the zippo very handy. Its on my list of items before I go out the door
    Keys *check*
    Fags *check*
    Mobile *check*
    oh and Zippo *check*

Anytime I was using standard lighters, I would often forget them and end up buying one when I got out. Like many others, I have massed a collection of bic lighters.

I have also gained a sixth sense on when to fill it. The flame size never changes despite fuel amount. When the fuel is almost out, it usually just dies. So when I pick it up and its low, something clicks in my head telling me to refill. Odd but true

[(edit: My apologies Des. Done now)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Krieg, please post in the stickies before posting again.

Thanks.

Des

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Have a Zippo_Lighters_Purple_Shimmer_Zippo_Lighter.jpg but want a 4850_s.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Bog standard pipe lighter from Petersen's. Gotta have that sideways flame. Fairly lashes through the gas though.

Advertisement