Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking for a kitten

• 15-01-2006 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

hi i am looking for a kitten free to a good home.I am in clonmel,co tipperary and ability to travel depends on the distance.pm me if so thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Go to the pound, save a life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I'll second GaRtH_V suggestion. An animal shelter should be able to provide one if there is one in your locality. You'll also be helping a valuable and generally underfunded service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

there is no pound when it comes to cats there are only pounds for dogs. Why don't you get in touch with a rescue in Clonmel and see if they have any. I am sure there is a rescue centre in Clonmel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

Irish-Lass wrote:
    there is no pound when it comes to cats there are only pounds for dogs. Why don't you get in touch with a rescue in Clonmel and see if they have any. I am sure there is a rescue centre in Clonmel.

no there isint it closed years ago the closest one is kilkenny

Well I know for a fact there is a rescue near Cashel run by a wonderful lady called Hannah we got our dog from her in October she maybe able to get you a kitten but it is the wrong time of the year to get a kitten the only ones that are available would be about 4/5 months old

Hannah works for Tipperary Friends of Animals

• Advertisement

Irish-Lass wrote:
    Well I know for a fact there is a rescue near Cashel run by a wonderful lady called Hannah we got our dog from her in October she maybe able to get you a kitten but it is the wrong time of the year to get a kitten the only ones that are available would be about 4/5 months old

Hannah works for Tipperary Friends of Animals
    do they have a website

this is Hannah's number give her a ring tomorrow and tell her Laura from Dublin put you in touch she maybe able to help you

Re-homing Section: Hannah Fitzgerald. Telephone: 087 9905 381

Irish-Lass wrote:
    this is Hannah's number give her a ring tomorrow and tell her Laura from Dublin put you in touch she maybe able to help you

Re-homing Section: Hannah Fitzgerald. Telephone: 087 9905 381

i contacted them and they will not give me a cat as i live in rented accommodation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

Have you cleared it with a landlord that you're allowed have a cat in your house? It's very often a condition of a lease that pets aren't allowed.

Shelters won't often give cats to renters because too many have ended up back at the shelter after the landlord has found out and has demanded they get rid of the cat or move out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Perhaps get a letter from your landlord stating that he doesn't object to a pet and then approach a shelter.

• Advertisement

Have you cleared it with a landlord that you're allowed have a cat in your house? It's very often a condition of a lease that pets aren't allowed.

Shelters won't often give cats to renters because too many have ended up back at the shelter after the landlord has found out and has demanded they get rid of the cat or move out.
    my landlord knows and said its fine, its ok anyway i have gotten a cat since then

Advertisement