Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nokia 6230i Firmware..

• 16-01-2006 12:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

My 6230i seems very slow ever since I bought it. I would like to upgrade the software to see if that helps.What exactly are my options for doing this?Will I have to get it sent away or can some shops do it on the spot or whatever. I'm in cork also if someone knows anyone around here that can do it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh it is a very slow phone....lots of features but very slow....i think the processor used is not the fastest so not sure that a firmware update is gonna help....anyway keep us posted here if it does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Thats sh1t on Nokias part...My friend has a 6230 and is really fast. So annoying. I will see what I can do and I will let you know..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

when the 6230i first came out there was a bug in it that made it go really slow. a firmware update should fix it. or if its within warranty ask for a replacement because its a known fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hey,

Choice Communications in Cork will do a firmware update for you. It usually only takes a few hours. Their based just accross the bridge at Patricks street. Tel 021-4551554

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

My 6230i seems very slow ever since I bought it. I would like to upgrade the software to see if that helps.What exactly are my options for doing this?Will I have to get it sent away or can some shops do it on the spot or whatever. I'm in cork also if someone knows anyone around here that can do it.

Thanks.

What firmware do you have? Enter *#0000# to find out

• Advertisement
Advertisement