Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoke breaks

• 16-01-2006 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

I run a shop and I've a part timer who works for me and she's 16 and smokes. If it's not busy I'll often say to her during the day does she want to go for a smoke as she'd never ask + she'll often "borrow" a fag from me. If I really think about its like I'm encouraging her smoking but I'd rather have a contented smoker working with me than one who's getting fidgety at 4.30 in the afternoon 3 hours after a lunch break. If I was a non smoker I'm sure I'd have a totally different view or maybe I shouldn't be so free with the smoke breaks and fag lending?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,935 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

She does yeah as I've often borrowed smokes from her as well as she smokes B&H and I like a change from my usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Does she buy her smokes at your shop aswell?
    That could be dodgy :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Does she buy her smokes at your shop aswell?
    That could be dodgy :eek:

No, we don't sell cigs but she looks older than 16 so I don't think she has any problems buying her own and she's never asked me to buy for her.

Advertisement