Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Show Me The Money Opening Credits

• 16-01-2006 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Bit of a pointless thread, just this has been bugging me for a while.

The opening credits for Eddie Hobbs' 'Show Me The Money' have to be the most awful credits I have ever seen. The theme tune is woeful, I actually can't believe that such a popular show would stick with it, it sounds like something that a child would compose on a keyboard.

Plus, the 'fat cat' guy is unbelievable. The way he has a cigar in his mouth and that forced grimace while he's talking on the phone.

It's such a vile piece of work.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Atrocity wrote:
    I actually can't believe that such a popular show would stick with it
    Wouldn't it make less sense for a popular show to drop one of its known, recognisable assets?
    Atrocity wrote:
    Plus, the 'fat cat' guy is unbelievable. The way he has a cigar in his mouth and that forced grimace while he's talking on the phone.
    I'm sure its intended as a whimsical stereotype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

I'm aware that it's generated around a stereotype but it's so poor and lacks any kind of effort.

The show is only hugely popular since Hobbs did Rip Off Republic. They used to stick it on any old time before when they weren't getting half the viewers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The first two seasons of it that I saw were always on at 8.30 on a Thursday. Granted, this has been move to a better Sunday evening slot now after the Rip Off Republic, but its unfair to say that the show was "stuck on at any old time" before it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I found it funny at the end of the show, the chap ended up selling financial advice and he fresh off the dole.

I dont really understand where eddie hobbs came into the equation......he basically stated the obvious, he added up the outgoing and took away the incoming and said you need to earn 40k a year to live...."see yis in 6 months"!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭elurhs

I found it funny at the end of the show, the chap ended up selling financial advice and he fresh off the dole.

I dont really understand where eddie hobbs came into the equation......he basically stated the obvious, he added up the outgoing and took away the incoming and said you need to earn 40k a year to live...."see yis in 6 months"!

Tell me about it! He's probably gettin at least a few grand for that. Same formula every week....go to the credit union and get a loan to consolidate your debts, stop going on five holidays a year, cop the hell on, etc. Far as I can see he meets them about three times over the course of the program!

• Advertisement
Advertisement