Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat's eyes

• 16-01-2006 10:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

I think we have to bring our cat to the vet. When she opens her eyes after sleeping there is a second eye lid half covering her eyes that doesn't open properly. Does anyone think this is serious....she doesn't appear to be blinded by it though? I'll bring her to the vet anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

you should get your cat to the vet a cat's third eyelid should not remain down, our tom can when you see his third eye lid it means he has an infection in it. Might not mean the same in your cat but I wouldn't certainly get her to the vet to get checked over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

It depends if it is covering both eyes or just the one. Both eyes indicates an illness that requires further investigation but one eyelid probably just means a past trauma or conjunvtivits etc that can be fixed easily enough...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

One of my cats had a similar problem, his third eyelid covered a quarter of his eyes.

The vet said he could have an operation straight away to correct it or we could wait awhile to see would it receed. It went back down by itself after a week or so,
    But I'd still bring or cat to the vet or ring them and ask about it.

Advertisement