Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The get rid of Ronaldo thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KdjaC wrote:
    Would love to agree with you but ....well football doesnt work like that , its 15 if Chelsea want him (which they may if Robben goes) otherwise it be 6 or 7. Great player and one worthy of playing on the wing for United.

kdjac

It would be 6 or 7 if Mark Hughes would let him go for that. He wouldn't though. Any team wanting MGP would have to pay the guts of 15 million, whether its Chelsea or not. He's the closest to Duff that a Blackburn supporter ever could of wished for, and look how much Duff went for.

I have to laugh at how you say "worthy" of playing on the wing for United. I agree that United are a huge club and should only be signing players of a high calibre, like MGP, but with some of the donkeys playing for them at the minute, it doesn't appear that it takes much to be "worthy" of playing for United.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'd be delighted if United flogged him off to some team on the continent, because he is awesome when in the mood and is going to be a great player.

He's terribly inconsistent and very frustrating (for United fans) to watch at times, but he has the pace, power and ability to open up pretty much any defence. His decisions regularly let him down, but that will improve over time.

As for Pedersen, he may be the next coming, but he'd want to produce the goods over a much longer period before earning such a large transfer tag.

I'd be delighted if United flogged him off to some team on the continent, because he is awesome when in the mood and is going to be a great player.

He's terribly inconsistent and very frustrating (for United fans) to watch at times, but he has the pace, power and ability to open up pretty much any defence. His decisions regularly let him down, but that will improve over time.

As for Pedersen, he may be the next coming, but he'd want to produce the goods over a much longer period before earning such a large transfer tag.

United payed 12 million for Ronaldo when he was unproven. They payed that for potential. MGP is now more proven in the PL than Ronaldo was when SAF shelled out that for him.

Pedersen had a phenomenal end of season last year and, so far this year, has been one of the best wingers in the PL, and is still improving. He's a player who can change a game and can score and setup goals. He's still only 24 as well.

Pedersen is 24, and has had less than 1 full season. Ronaldo was what, 18? when United signed him. They paid £12m (which was OTT at the time) because he was one of the brightest young talents in world football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Lemlin wrote:
    He's still only 24 as well.

Ronaldo only 21 and sadly is playing for a team where he must deliver every week thus any misplaced pass in a game where the whole team is fairly **** he is under immense pressure and abuse. Tbh if Utd were winning as well as in the late 90s Ronaldo would be a god only as his skill produce goals and assists in winning football.

/Same also for Rooney and the opposite for Pedersen where his workrate (lack of)would be noticed more in a team playing for survival 1st success 2nd.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

TonyD79 wrote:

Ronaldo is class and i bet my bottom doller he would look world class in the current barcelona team as would Rooney and Van Nistelroy. And before you say it Peter Crouch wouldnt!!!

haha, stop. Ronaldo wouldnt get close to starting on the barcalona team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

why oh why does he step up to every free kick. he is absolutely terrible at shooting from a dead ball. cant understand why the others dont tell him. gary neville could take a better shot tbh.

WHOOOOSHH OVER THE BAR!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

haha, stop. Ronaldo wouldnt get close to starting on the barcelona team

STOP

Not in his current form but I remember last season when manu beat d pool he destroyed you and dont blame it on your dodgy spanish right back...on form Ronaldo is world class.

His still young..a long time before his career is wasted like kewell...a european cup medal but no respect. Nice to see a rare goal by the aussie "winger" has all the KOP patting themselves on their back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

haha, stop. Ronaldo wouldnt get close to starting on the barcelona team
    To be honest he wouldnt even get into the Cork City team on current form.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

TonyD79 wrote:
    STOP

Not in his current form but I remember last season when manu beat d pool he destroyed you and dont blame it on your dodgy spanish right back...on form Ronaldo is world class.

His still young..a long time before his career is wasted like kewell...a european cup medal but no respect. Nice to see a rare goal by the aussie "winger" has all the KOP patting themselves on their back

Yeah i remember the time when the feared warrior Ronaldo tore Liverpool apart.:rolleyes: United were the better team, thats it. I think ive heard United fans mention 11 players who destroyed us from the same game so far:D.

And what has Kewell got to do with anything? Youve picked a stupid time to start slagging off Kewell, just when he starts producing great form.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

Well the majority of us seem to agree that Ronaldo is talented but playing crap at the minute. A few people have said Park is unproven - well why not let him try to prove himself. If Ronaldo isn't on form he shouldn't be in the team. When Ferguson had a winning United team he wouldn't have played a player who was off form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Gegerty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

Lemlin wrote:
    It would be 6 or 7 if Mark Hughes would let him go for that. He wouldn't though. Any team wanting MGP would have to pay the guts of 15 million, whether its Chelsea or not. He's the closest to Duff that a Blackburn supporter ever could of wished for, and look how much Duff went for.

I have to laugh at how you say "worthy" of playing on the wing for United. I agree that United are a huge club and should only be signing players of a high calibre, like MGP, but with some of the donkeys playing for them at the minute, it doesn't appear that it takes much to be "worthy" of playing for United.
    everyone says were having a bad season fair enough were out of europe which is a disgrace.however we have the best away record dis season, better than chelsea! RVN is the top scorer in the premiership this season and were sitting in second with a good chance of winning the fa cup and the carling cup! so as far as im concered we dont need players like MGP and as far as 15 million is concerned your having a laugh 9-10 million max u would get 4 him. he is a good player but any good player shines playing for teams like blackburn. and the only donkey playing 4 united at the moment is silvestre he has had a terrible season think he is missing the support he got from having heinze beside him backing him up!rio is back on form we just need to sort out the centre of midfield and would start getting things in order again.and regards chelsea they pay over the odds by at least 5-10 sometimes for any player they want just so they get him look at SWP ESSIEN DROGBA they are definitly not worth the money chelsea paid for them but chelsea wanted them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

BillyBoy wrote:
    Well the majority of us seem to agree that Ronaldo is talented but playing crap at the minute. A few people have said Park is unproven - well why not let him try to prove himself. If Ronaldo isn't on form he shouldn't be in the team. When Ferguson had a winning United team he wouldn't have played a player who was off form.

not sure if Park is fully fit at the moment but i would agree with the above. I think park is a quality player who gets forward and tracks back. Ronaldo needs to be dropped for a couple of weeks. I think he's a fantastic player but his attitude is totally wrong.He signed a new contract with a huge wage increase and is not on boys wages anymore. Its about time he started playing like a 40-50,000 a week player, he owes this much to United. In the meantime i personally would have Park in the team until Ronaldo changes his attitude. As AF said, he should be a 15 goal a year player

Joe Cole wasted 2 or 3 passes in a row on sunday against Sunderland and Mourinho wipped him off straight away but then again i suppose we dont have Duff to bring on off the bench.
    The complacency has set in at United and i blame 2 things:
    1. No real respected leader in the team playing every week (In the last 18 months Keano wasnt a fixture in the team.)
    2. Carlos Quieroz

chiller wrote:
    were sitting in second with a good chance of winning the fa cup and the carling cup!

I'll give it to you that winning the FA Cup is still an achievment but since when is coming second in the premiership and winning the carling cup considered to be a good season for United. A few seasons ago that would have been a failure of a season for United. Their goal used to be Premier League title and European Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

Who says its a good season?
    We looking for something to keep our hopes up. While the FA cup/carling mean feck all to manu these days its still silverware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

I remember his debut at Bolton... some performance that day i remember laughing everytime he beat a player..

i can recall maybe the milwall or another few games where he has shown his full potential...

Park is great at picking the ball up and running straight at the heart of defence and gets good assists too..

Some players take time too develop not everyone is the other Ronaldo(best player in the world at aged 20)

Maybe Ferguson doesnt know how to get the best out of him..

Last few matches ive seen him play his crosing is very poor and his tricks arnt coming off anymore...

Although he seems to be Portugal's shining light and tendss to play very well for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

chiller wrote:
    everyone says were having a bad season fair enough were out of europe which is a disgrace.however we have the best away record dis season, better than chelsea! RVN is the top scorer in the premiership this season and were sitting in second with a good chance of winning the fa cup and the carling cup! so as far as im concered we dont need players like MGP and as far as 15 million is concerned your having a laugh 9-10 million max u would get 4 him. he is a good player but any good player shines playing for teams like blackburn. and the only donkey playing 4 united at the moment is silvestre he has had a terrible season think he is missing the support he got from having heinze beside him backing him up!rio is back on form we just need to sort out the centre of midfield and would start getting things in order again.and regards chelsea they pay over the odds by at least 5-10 sometimes for any player they want just so they get him look at SWP ESSIEN DROGBA they are definitly not worth the money chelsea paid for them but chelsea wanted them!
    Exagerating Me Thinks

P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS

1 Chelsea 22 11 0 0 28 6 9 1 1 20 5 37 61

2 Man Utd 22 6 3 1 20 6 7 3 2 21 14 21 45

3 Liverpool 20 9 1 1 17 4 4 4 1 12 7 18 44

Yous havnt even got the second best away form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Ban upheld.

Tehehe.

Exagerating Me Thinks

oh your counting the man city match! i wasnt in fact we should have won 1-nil. two offside goals and third goal came because we had a player sent off 4 no reason the ref was a clown and my blood is still boiling, that the original ref booked 4 the game was sick.he was a shambles

• Advertisement

He's banned for 3 games now so no Ronaldo for the Liverpool game. We'll see how we do without him, I'm guessing it'll be classic united with Park on and passing the ball and hopefully Scholes back too.

chiller wrote:
    oh your counting the man city match! i wasnt in fact we should have won 1-nil. two offside goals and third goal came because we had a player sent off 4 no reason the ref was a clown and my blood is still boiling, that the original ref booked 4 the game was sick.he was a shambles

*Yawn* That isn't three points. It's an excuse. Of course he should count it, you lost...! The league, sadly, doesn't work based on what teams 'should have' done.

Gegerty wrote:
    He's banned for 3 games now so no Ronaldo for the Liverpool game. We'll see how we do without him, I'm guessing it'll be classic united with Park on and passing the ball and hopefully Scholes back too.

Yeah, hoping for a good game alright - actually can't wait for it! Are there any major injuries to be looking out for?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

chiller wrote:

LOL I like the way u think..... red tinted glasses all the way

jank wrote:
    LOL I like the way u think..... red tinted glasses all the way

watch the match fcuker we were robbed the ref was a disgrace a shambles didnt know wat he was doing. as 4 liverpool on saturday we will take them down a peg or 2!they have had 11 good matches there fans now think there unstoppable!news just in a season is 38 mathes long not eleven!

chiller wrote:
    watch the match fcuker we were robbed the ref was a disgrace a shambles didnt know wat he was doing. as 4 liverpool on saturday we will take them down a peg or 2!they have had 11 good matches there fans now think there unstoppable!news just in a season is 38 mathes long not eleven!

Not on saturday you wont,

full of misinformation today, thats fergusonitus

What about the Spurs match last season with Carroll's *ahem* save.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

chiller wrote:

Im not a liverpool fan and im not a fcuker either. Ban for u me thinks!

Not on saturday you wont,

full of misinformation today, thats fergusonitus

no problem it will 2 or 3 nil to united no problem. i can see it now RVN and ROONEY running riot on gerard and co. ha ha

chiller wrote:
    no problem it will 2 or 3 nil to united no problem. i can see it now RVN and ROONEY running riot on gerard and co. ha ha

See the problem is the match is not till sunday...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

There is absolutely no way I would sell Ronaldo.

He's been pretty bad this season, though with flashes of brilliance and I think he's been producing better crosses and his play is more direct than the last two seasons. He's had an absolutely terrible time with off the pitch stuff this season between the false rape allegations and his dad dying. Remeber what age the lad is ffs.

He needs some time to sort his head out, so I think he could come back better from this suspension after that comical sending off. Well, here's hoping anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Exagerating Me Thinks

actually we do have the 2nd best away form

1 Chelsea 11 Games 28 Points
    2. Man Utd 12 Games 24 Points
    3. Liverpool 9 Games 16 Points

"IF" liverpool win their games in hand then they'll be ahead, but as that hasn't happened yet we are the team with the 2nd best away form.

Some other interesting facts

Only Chelsea have scored more goals than United this season
    Only Chelsea have a better goal difference than United this season
    United are still in the FA Cup
    Semi-Finals of the League Cup
    And at time of this post 2nd in the league

Not too bad for a team in the middle of a rebuilding period who have suffered from a lot of overpriced undertalented players coming and going for the last 5 years.

By the end of the season I think United will have finished 2nd in the league, just ahead of Liverpool with Spurs in 4th. We'll have won the League Cup, and made the semi-finals or finals of the FA Cup. Rio Ferdinand will have been successfully converted into a DMC and will be playing the best football of his life having finally shaken off the boredom and inertia that has plagued him because of the role he's been asked to play.

Chelsea will walk away with the Premier League and Juventus will be European champions.

In the summer Ferguson will sell O'Shea, Silvestre & Saha and hopefully bring in a good left wing player and a centre midfielder.

Remember, you heard it here first :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Honestly, I can't see Ferguson staying in charge for another season if the don't win the FA Cup, and even that may not save him. The Glazers have to start servicing their huge debt and they're not going to be in a patient mood. Fabio Capello has made no secret of his desire to manage in the Premiership and United in particular and I think that he'll be brought in with Ferguson given his marching orders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

As a Man Utd I'm completely fed up of Ronaldo too.

No one can deny that he does have fantastic natural ability but he hasn't matured one little bit since 03/04. Too many inconsistent performances, too much pathetic showboating where he loses the ball cheaply, too many occasions where he's been selfish on the park by not been a team player, too much diving and too many games where he's slacking off on the pitch leaving the work and effort to the likes of Rooney (of course by far not the only culprit of this at old Trafford)

Ronaldo is more of liabilty to United now. I would be glad to see the back of him.

Iago wrote:
    actually we do have the 2nd best away form

1 Chelsea 11 Games 28 Points
    2. Man Utd 12 Games 24 Points
    3. Liverpool 9 Games 16 Points

"IF" liverpool win their games in hand then they'll be ahead, but as that hasn't happened yet we are the team with the 2nd best away form.

Some other interesting facts

Only Chelsea have scored more goals than United this season
    Only Chelsea have a better goal difference than United this season
    United are still in the FA Cup
    Semi-Finals of the League Cup
    And at time of this post 2nd in the league

Not too bad for a team in the middle of a rebuilding period who have suffered from a lot of overpriced undertalented players coming and going for the last 5 years.

By the end of the season I think United will have finished 2nd in the league, just ahead of Liverpool with Spurs in 4th. We'll have won the League Cup, and made the semi-finals or finals of the FA Cup. Rio Ferdinand will have been successfully converted into a DMC and will be playing the best football of his life having finally shaken off the boredom and inertia that has plagued him because of the role he's been asked to play.

Chelsea will walk away with the Premier League and Juventus will be European champions.

In the summer Ferguson will sell O'Shea, Silvestre & Saha and hopefully bring in a good left wing player and a centre midfielder.

Remember, you heard it here first :D

knew i was rite. thanks 4 the support someone with a bit of sense hopefully we will keep o shea he is good back up! i agree with everything great united fans think alike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

SkySports wrote:
    Luciano Moggi has confirmed Juventus were close to signing Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Portugal international revealed that Juve and Valencia were keen on buying him before he decided to sign a new deal at Old Trafford.

Sports director Moggi admits the Bianconeri were interested in the tricky wide man, but only during his time in Lisbon with Sporting.

Chilean striker Marcelo Salas rejected the chance to head for Sporting in part-exchange and the deal was scuppered.

"Ronaldo was ours but Salas refused to go in exchange and we were forced to leave him to Manchester United," Moggi told Virgilio.

Salas, ironically, was once a target for Red Devils boss Sir Alex Ferguson, and ended up joining River Plate when quitting Stadio delle Alpi.

Moggi also backed Alessandro Del Piero to continue in Turin, despite his comments regarding a future move to England prompting speculation regarding a move to Tottenham or Arsenal.

"He can still give us a lot," affirmed the Juve official.

Del Piero at Spurs, now theres somethin id love to see!

Originally posted by Pepe LeFrits
    Pedersen is 24, and has had less than 1 full season. Ronaldo was what, 18? when United signed him. They paid £12m (which was OTT at the time) because he was one of the brightest young talents in world football.

Yes, and look at what MGP has achieved at the end of last season and so far this season. I believe he can only go from strength to strength. He is improving, something which Ronaldo is not (as he showed against Arsenal, he's struggling to hit an empty net at the minute). The amount of United fans I know who've said they'd love to buy him in the past week or two has been unreal. But I guess that's what you get for scoring 3 goals against them in two games.
    Originally posted by Kjdac
    Ronaldo only 21 and sadly is playing for a team where he must deliver every week thus any misplaced pass in a game where the whole team is fairly **** he is under immense pressure and abuse. Tbh if Utd were winning as well as in the late 90s Ronaldo would be a god only as his skill produce goals and assists in winning football.

/Same also for Rooney and the opposite for Pedersen where his workrate (lack of)would be noticed more in a team playing for survival 1st success 2nd.

The time when you had to deliver week-in, week-out for United is a time which has gone. If that was still the case, the likes of Mikael Silvestre and Darren Fletcher wouldn't even warm the bench. And Alan Smith would not be playing in midfield.

Your point about a team striving for survival is laughable given the position Blackburn are in. Last season you could of made that point, but this season they're 9th, with a game in hand on alot of teams above them, still in both cup competitions, challenging for Europe and guaranteed safety.

If you want to look for a lack of work-rate, take a look at Ronaldo. You obviously haven't watched MGP much. Take, for example, the game against Everton. Everton were winning 2-0, and even in the 93rd minute, Pedersen hadn't given up and was tackling for the ball. Can you see Ronaldo doing the same?
    Originally posted by chiller

As pointed out, a season where United win the Carling or FA Cup is little consolation to most of their fans. In terms of donkeys, Silvestre can be joined by Fletcher and Alan Smith (when playing in midfield that is).

Clubs could offer nine or ten million for Pedersen but they wouldn't get him. Hughes has his plans to build a team around Bellamy and Pedersen, and he's not going to let his prize asset go for that small sum.

Lemlin wrote:
    Yes, and look at what MGP has achieved at the end of last season and so far this season. I believe he can only go from strength to strength. He is improving, somnething which Ronaldo is not.
    Well you would obviously believe that, as you're a Blackburn fan. He may yet level out or sink like a stone, he hasn't been around long enough yet to know.

Well you would obviously believe that, as you're a Blackburn fan. He may yet level out or sink like a stone, he hasn't been around long enough yet to know.

Ronaldo has though and he's sinking like a stone ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,153 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

chiller wrote:
    knew i was rite. thanks 4 the support someone with a bit of sense hopefully we will keep o shea he is good back up! i agree with everything great united fans think alike

Erm..you claimed ManU had the best away record in the premiership. The post you're referring to here clearly shows they don't. [Also would appreciate if you spent just a little more time to make posts more readable..thanks]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

chiller banned for abuse.

nicked from the Cantona sheep thread:
    RONALDO ON HIS WAY OUT
    FA CUP THIRD ROUND REPLAY Man Utd v Burton, Old Trafford, tonight, KO 8pm
    By David Mcdonnell
    CRISTIANO RONALDO could be on his way out of Manchester United this summer in a £20million deal after his training ground bust-up with team-mate Ruud van Nistelrooy.

A host of Europe's top clubs, led by Real Madrid, Juventus and Valencia, have been alerted by Ronaldo's latest spat.

Juventus and Valencia have already made contact with Ronaldo's advisers about a potential move, believing that the youngster's unique style and flair is more suited to the leagues of Italy and Spain.

Ronaldo has endured a miserable time on and off the pitch this season and his United team-mates have grown frustrated with his self-indulgence on the ball during matches.

That frustration boiled over in the training ground clash with van Nistelrooy, which could be the catalyst for a summer departure from Old Trafford.

And Ronaldo's sending-off in United's 3-1 derby defeat to Manchester City infuriated his team-mates as United were 2-0 down at the time - and he will miss tonight's FA Cup replay with Burton

Taken from the daily mirror.

Perhaps a move away from Old Trafford is what Ronaldo needs to kick-start his career again. Can't see United getting 20 million for him though.

Gegerty wrote:
    Taken from the daily mirror.

So more than likely not going to happen then:)

ronaldo once again proved he is a top quailty player against fulham on saturday with two brilliant goals. i remember a thread from a few weeks back when ronaldo was going through a bad spell after the death of his dad and some women trying to get him done for rape! but he has bounced and proved he is world class so all the shouts 4 get rid of him and he was rubbish from united fans and football fans in general he has proved you's all wrong and im delighted. i said he was a great player and would get in amongest the goals again! and he has

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

ive never doubted him personally. there's no more exciting player on the ball than himself (and the master ronaldinho). his tricks, neat footwork and close control make him a huge asset for utd and im not just talking about on the pitch.

it's those skillful and exciting players that keep football alive and make it the magical game it is. but atm, utd look like real madrid with half a dozen quality attacking players and a paperweight defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

i wouldn't say he has proved "us" all wrong.
    One good game does not make him the perfect player.

I have watched countless utd games where he tries to do his tricks and individual runs, but he ends up falling on his ar$e half the time when all you want him to do is put in a decent ball to the box for RVN or Rooney or Saha.

I do not believe he is a good team player at the moment, he is too individual at times and very frustrating to watch. in time i think he will become an all ound team player, after all he is only 21 (yesterday).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I doubt many people who didn't agree with us the first time will have had their mind changed by his Fulham preformance, however in the next 5 months, if he can preform the way he did against Fulham, we will be proven right :)

chiller wrote:
    ronaldo once again proved he is a top quailty player against fulham on saturday with two brilliant goals. i remember a thread from a few weeks back when ronaldo was going through a bad spell after the death of his dad and some women trying to get him done for rape! but he has bounced and proved he is world class so all the shouts 4 get rid of him and he was rubbish from united fans and football fans in general he has proved you's all wrong and im delighted. i said he was a great player and would get in amongest the goals again! and he has

He was rubbish before the rape allegations and death of his father. One good game does not make him top quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

i've had my doubts lately regarding Ronaldo but i very was impressed with his performance on Saturday evening. One very encouraging thing was that sometimes he didnt bother to beat his marker and just whipped the ball in early and i thought that gave Fulham no time to position themselves for the cross. One ball nearly gave RVN a goal and he was fairly instrumental in Saha's goal as well as scoring 2 himself. a very impressive performance!

• Advertisement
Advertisement