Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The get rid of Ronaldo thread

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Triton

One good performance doesn't mean he's back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

But there's still hope...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Anyone who thinks United should just give up on Ronaldo is off their rocker imo. Sure the guy is maddingly inconsistent, but the potential is there to be one of the best in the world. Ronnie leads to learn and build on his ability, but i would be happier to see him attemp to do so at United then anywhere else. If he comes good, he could well be near unstoppable - and that is worth the gamble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

i think he needs to be rested more frequently than what he usually to make him fresh. Too much is expected of him and then when he doesnt preform, he gets stick from fans and critics etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Here is an interview from the MEN
    "I didn't have a bet with the manager this year and I haven't even paid him the money yet from last season He hasn't asked me for it and I hope he has forgotten. However, I have the money put aside ready if he asks. But don't tell him! He's right I should be. I agree with the manager and I am definitely capable of it. I have been working hard to get more goals into my game. I was looking forward to it happening and now it finally has. It didn't seem to happen for me before but now I am in my stride I want to keep it going. My goal is always to work and help the team first and foremost but I can do that by scoring as well. It is a unique feeling and I want more of it. My game has matured. I admit I did over-indulge on the tricks at times. I know the fans think I do it too much but I want them to know I am working on it. In the past I have got over-excited and got carried away. I sometimes did it at the wrong times. I know the crowd love it at the right times and I have tried to concentrate on that. If we are drawing or are in trouble then that is no time for me to be doing some fancy footwork. I hope people saw at Liverpool last Saturday that I kept it to a minimum because it wasn't the right moment, or the right thing to do. It is all part of the learning process I am going through with Manchester United

"Obviously it has been really, really hard to take since my father died. Psychologically it was very tough. If you are not feeling well mentally because of something as awful as that, you will take that on to the pitch whether you like it or not and whether you are strong or not. It will affect you no matter what. I loved him the most in the world and it was a very difficult time for me. I had some poor matches because, psychologically, I wasn't right for matches. But life goes on and I am looking to the future. These things happen to everybody. Nobody has a heart of iron. That's life. To cope with it is one of the experiences in life that make you stronger. Of course, it will be in my mind initially on Sunday. When you are at finals it is always nice to look around the stadium and see people you know and know people who mean a lot to you are there. But this time he won't be there and I know that will be tough to take. It will be difficult. But he will be with me in my heart. I will think about him and I know he will be looking down on me and I would like to win it for him. I will be focused and I am really excited about it. A final is always a final and I hope United can win this so we have got something to show for the season. Obviously I am sad that this is all we have left. We could have gone further in any of the other competitions but we didn't and these things happen. Everybody has ups and downs. Now we have to make sure we get something at least."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I would get rid of fletcher way before i get rid of ronaldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

The kids not played well by his own standards, but he's had some damaging personal problems, supposed rape and fathers death, i'd imagine anyone would be a little off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

He's not a bad player to be fair, I reckon you could get 25 million for him :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

He's not a bad player to be fair, I reckon you could get 25 million for him :P

Why? Why did you do this? Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Holy Bump Batman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

No surprise to see Mitch and PHB taking the stance they did back then tbh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Fizman wrote: »

Keeping Ronaldo out of the La Liga threads is a good enough reason:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

LOL at someone above saying get rid of Ronaldo for Morton Gamst Pedersen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Lemlin wrote: »
    Perhaps a move away from Old Trafford is what Ronaldo needs to kick-start his career again. Can't see United getting 20 million for him though.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jesus, that statement from the OP came back to bite him on the arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Viva Ronaldoooooooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Man i got confused reading this.I was like ok the OP is a Madrid fan but thinks he'd only get 25mil for Ronaldo?Slowly but surely i coped on :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Since the start of this thread Ronaldo has scored 169 goals in 255 games.

wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Since the start of this thread Ronaldo has scored 169 goals in 255 games.

wow.
    Still not worth 25 mil though :P

• Advertisement

Soby wrote: »
    Still not worth 25 mil though :P

No chance.

Real should get rid of him and get Jaoquin in.

Morten Gamst Pederson is still better than him aswell!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

In fairness aftertiming is a horrible thing!

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    In fairness aftertiming is a horrible thing!

Indeed.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Fizman wrote: »

Love this thread, shows wonderfully how so much of the posting here is just conjecture, speculation and pure opinion which can be so proved wrong.
    It's one of the reasons I find it hilarious to see posters get into arguments when a poster dismisses anothers opinion and especially when they attempt to say it is wrong...........

Although in fairness, it is a bit of bad form to dig up a 5 year old thread

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

:)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

How many of the posters from page 1 are still with us?

The funniest thing in the thread I thought was the sig asking for support for the Santa Strike Force... 2008

• Advertisement
Advertisement