Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast Bar Question!

Options
  • 16-01-2006 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi there
    We are trying to organise for the counter at the edge of the kitchen in the two bed house (rear kitchen) to be extended into a breakfast bar... I think it would look great but was wondering how accomodating are the builders when it comes to these sort of requests? We have found them to be a bit difficult when it comes to making changes but at the end of the day it's our house and we want it to be perfect!!:p has anyone else done anything similar?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

SJ wrote:
    has anyone else done anything similar?

My future sister in law in the Grove had it done.
    They were pretty difficult about it but that was because there were a lot of problems with the kitchen anyway.

You need to contact the kitchen people, NOT Durkins as they will just say no.
    Nolan’s Kitchens @ 4567621. They are in Oak Road Business Park off the Nangor Road (opposite the main entrance to Park West)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SJ

Cool thanks a mill Ru - will give them a call. By the way saw your post re night out take 2 - good idea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭lastsaturday

SJ wrote:
    Hi there
    We are trying to organise for the counter at the edge of the kitchen in the two bed house (rear kitchen) to be extended into a breakfast bar... I think it would look great but was wondering how accomodating are the builders when it comes to these sort of requests? We have found them to be a bit difficult when it comes to making changes but at the end of the day it's our house and we want it to be perfect!!:p has anyone else done anything similar?

SJ,

contact the kitchen people first and ask if they can make the bar up for you, if not ask for their supplier (granite or wood?) and get their buy-in..

once you have a quote for them and their buy in, go to the site manager with a plan. once he sees this, he'll probably be fairly accomodating. just remember to pay the kitchen people independantly for the extra work.

if the kitchen people are happy, and the site manager is happy, approach the developer and tell them you have buy-in from the other parties. they can't refuse you then. (guess how i know...)

Advertisement