Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom B/Band-can I use wireless modem + non-wireless modem at same time?

• 16-01-2006 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

I currently have eircom broadband non-wireless modem... I am going to get a wire-less modem soon .... my question is: can I set up the wireless modem (and use it with laptop) plus connect the non-wireless modem (and use it with desktop) ... so that both laptop/desktop use the broadband service at same time .....??

I hope my question is clear (I'm a newbie).....any help/guidance appreciated... thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

If its an eircom wireless modem, then you won't need your old modem. The eircom wireless modem has 4 ethernet ports on it for your normal desktop and the laptop can connect to it wirelessly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

Yes, it will be an eircom wireless modem ... Thats great news ... and so simple for me to do.

Thanks again for speedy reply!:)

Advertisement