Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baby oil as lube - Worried

• 16-01-2006 12:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

is baby oil recommended as lube when not using condoms
    (i know it can damage them ) in a relationship so there not needed
    a bit worried about it as dont want to damage us in the process

and Ky in the past has irritated myself as i have sensitive skin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

as longs as your not using latex (why arnt you?) your free to get imaginative when i comes to lube...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Your are only supposed to use water based lubricants with condoms, if your not using then it hardly matters what your using you are already at some risk even with a long term boyfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Unreg12345 wrote:
    is baby oil recommended as lube when not using condoms
    (i know it can damage them ) in a relationship so there not needed
    a bit worried about it as dont want to damage us in the process
    Quite safe and good for the skin.
    ferdi wrote:
    as longs as your not using latex (why arnt you?)
    He / she is in a relationship, so it’s none of your business if they use condoms or not. TBH, even if they weren’t I still fail to see where it would be your business.

Yeah should be ok
    IF MARLON BRANDO CAN USE BUTTER then Baby oil should be ok :D
    also can be used to give a great massage too!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Can't say I've used it so I don't know, but I do know that KY burns me to begin with, can't imagine Baby Oil being any friendlier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Try it out on a sensitive area 1st just to check, it'd be awful to be in full throttle only to develop a sudden urge to mate with the freezer for relief.

Just as a side note, baby oil gel might be more fun & easier to control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

He / she is in a relationship, so it’s none of your business if they use condoms or not. TBH, even if they weren’t I still fail to see where it would be your business.

Public health reasons.

rsynnott wrote:
    Public health reasons.
    Pray explain what a monogamous couple do in private has to do public health reasons, or are you simply trying to pick a flamewar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

If they're monogamous or latex monogamous then it isn't going to affect that.

Pray explain what a monogamous couple do in private has to do public health reasons, or are you simply trying to pick a flamewar?

I was referring to your 'even if they weren't [in a relationship]' thing. If it was random sex, then they should absolutely be using a condom.

Anyway, this is getting off topic.

• Advertisement

i think what the OP wanted to know was :
    has it been done before
    as kittenkiller mentioned does it burn ie, does it leave ya needing to mate with the freezer
    ie, is it recommended:)

im gonna try it because like a fun way of working your way from a massage into some slippy loving.:D

rsynnott wrote:
    I was referring to your 'even if they weren't [in a relationship]' thing. If it was random sex, then they should absolutely be using a condom.
    And I was questioning the sanctimonious interest in other people’s personal affairs. It was none of his, or our business, regardless.

Or perhaps we should be concerned about the potential public health effects of your own sexual preferences too.
    Anyway, this is getting off topic.
    You’re the one flame-bating today ducky.

Or perhaps we should be concerned about the potential public health effects of your own sexual preferences too.

A homosexual using condoms is orders of magnitude safer than a heterosexual not using condoms.

By the way, in response to the original question, you should definitely leave a bit on your skin somewhere else first. If you're allergic to an ingredient you want to know that first :)

rsynnott wrote:
    A homosexual using condoms is orders of magnitude safer than a heterosexual not using condoms.
    But is either anyone's business? Sactimony aside, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Yes such things are off topic.
    And off topic postings, personal insinuations will get you banned from this forum.
    Do read by the charter and abide by the rules when posting.

Many things may be used as lube, but you are better of with something that is desgined for the purpose,
    bit like using a knife instead of a screwdriver.

Safe sex is everyone concern but adults make thier own choices,
    and do things that damages and endagerous thier health such as smoking ect.

If a couple are ready and have been tested ( and re tested due to the incubation for hiv) and are able to forgo condoms then great for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Mina Loy

rsynnott wrote:

By the way, in response to the original question, you should definitely leave a bit on your skin somewhere else first. If you're allergic to an ingredient you want to know that first :)

Wow, that is complete BS. It's just as likely a hetero person could carry HIV as a gay person. Christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

sorry for opening my mouth corinthian, i didnt think you'd be so easily rattled.
    i didnt cop the "in a relationship' part of the OPs post.
    a more cynical mind than mine would suspect that you, in coarse schoolgirl's terms,were on the blob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Mina Loy wrote:
    Wow, that is complete BS. It's just as likely a hetero person could carry HIV as a gay person. Christ.

Methinks you need to re-read what you quoted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm sorry, but did no one else notice someone mentioned Butter as a lubricant?

The mind boogles. Wait, no, it doesn't. The mind just.....blocks.

I'd say while Baby oil is more or less okay, you'd still be better going off with the stuff designed specifically for the particular use.

Although has anyone ever used sachets of tingle lube stuff that comes free with some boxes of condoms? Burns the john thomas off you...! :eek:

ferdi wrote:
    a more cynical mind than mine would suspect that you, in coarse schoolgirl's terms,were on the blob.
    Somewhere, there's an attic with a picture of you getting smarter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Although has anyone ever used sachets of tingle lube stuff that comes free with some boxes of condoms? Burns the john thomas off you...! :eek:
    TBH, it sounds like your skin is allergic to something in it.

Mina Loy wrote:

Indeed; that's what I said. Re-read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

That stuff is ****ing lethal, I swear it's some kind of Church conspiracy to prevent sex.

Erm, on topic, personally I'd be a bit wary of baby oil. Something tells me it might be a bit stingy. Maybe test it yourself first before you get somebody else involved just to make sure something disastrous isn't going to happen.

do you really think baby oil would hurt someones bits :eek:
    isnt it made so it can be used on new born babys skin
    havin second thoughts about trying this now :eek: dont want to hurt his penis or myself for that matter
    i wonder how the OP got on with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well, I find baby oil good for removing eye makeup (skin around eyes very delicate) so I don't think it would be a problem. You should both test it somewhere less delicate first, tho, just in case you have some freak allergy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

I read somewhere (in the course of my research for purely educational purposes) that a lady might have infection issues with anything oil-based if it gets trapped. I think the risk of it happening is quite low, but that using water-based lube (e.g. KY Jelly) is safer.

do you really think baby oil would hurt someones bits :eek:
    isnt it made so it can be used on new born babys skin
    havin second thoughts about trying this now :eek: dont want to hurt his penis or myself for that matter
    i wonder how the OP got on with it
    No, but we're talking about using it internally here. Aside from the fact that if there are any tiny cuts (which there can quite often be) it will sting like a mother****er, it may well interfere with the OP's insides and cause infection. That's the bit I'd be worried about. (As it happens I can't use Johnson's products anywhere, but I realise this is not necessarily the case with everyone.)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Somewhere, there's an attic with a picture of you getting smarter.

ffs TC
    would yourself and ferdi give it a rest!
    neither of ye have anything else to add to this thread so both of ye take it to PM and not post in this particular thread again.

consider this a warning for you both,
    the next one to post a 'slagging' comment here gets banned
    B

No, but we're talking about using it internally here. Aside from the fact that if there are any tiny cuts (which there can quite often be) it will sting like a mother****er, it may well interfere with the OP's insides and cause infection. That's the bit I'd be worried about. (As it happens I can't use Johnson's products anywhere, but I realise this is not necessarily the case with everyone.)

does baby oil really sting cuts ?:eek: :eek:
    i'm never gonna use it on a baby this threads making it sound dangerous:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

People can be allergic to anything, you wouldn't put baby oil on a baby without testing it first or knowing about the baby's allergies where possible (I guess ! Not speaking from experience)

But an internal organ, that would definitely be more sensitive than anything outside the body.Something like KY Jelly is tried and tested - that's what ought to be tried first for dryness - worked for a past girlfriend of mine, it was kind of like a revelation to her as she hadn't used it before and it solved an embarrassing problem that she had resigned herself to.

does baby oil really sting cuts ?:eek: :eek:
    i'm never gonna use it on a baby this threads making it sound dangerous:eek:
    Most things sting cuts, don't you think? I'm not going to use myself as an example because, as I've already said, I have particularly sensitive skin, but I would assume it would sting a nick in the skin. And bear in mind the skin the OP is thinking of using it on is completely different to the skin on your hands. It's internal tissue.

Even if it didn't appear to have any adverse effects immediately, I would be seriously concerned with the question of whether or not the ingredients in it are compatible with that area of the body, and if they might cause infection or discomfort later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Enough already! Baby Oil Gel (as mentioned by another poster). Go get some. Apply it to your boyfriend and then apply yourself to him.

Works a treat and doesn't sting in "cuts" or inside you as some have suggested.... My ex had very sensetive skin and it never bothered her - Just use it sparingly or you might find it a little too 'slippery'. And yes, it's great for progressing from a sensual massage to the whole shebang.....Ahem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Whoa, stop everything, not to instigate a panick here but oil products in general should not be used as lubricants at all!!

They can line the vagina/rectum and pretty much lead to all sorts of infections because of that, most notibly yeast infections.

Info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_lubricant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Ah I wouldn't worry about that kind of stuff tbh

Nonsense really isn't it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Never mind the condoms. Isn't baby oil just great!!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi OP here
    Ok i used baby oil gel last night
    just as reguler lube, not to do anal or anything else yet
    but it was fantastic
    he absolutely loved it and there were no allergic reactions at all (Thank F**k)
    totally perfect for a massage and then working into sex i'd recommend it no problem
    thanks for all your advice and recommendations

agreed :D loads of fun to be had
    i used it in bed at the weekend
    no reactions and it served multiple uses
    and was in shower with himself rinsing it off but it takes ages :D (more fun had trying to scrub it off)
    it eventually soaked in our skin but our clothes stuck to us most of saturday!

Advertisement