Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2006 Programme

Options
  • 16-01-2006 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭

So I got my copy of the 2006 programme today, as I'm sure some of you did. What do you guys think of the new classes - Biomedical Diagnosis, Celtic Studies, Innovation, Criminology and Game Theory?

Nice to see that Talk Science, aka 21st Century Science, has gone through its second name change, resulting in the infinitely superior Science Of Tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Biomedical Diagnosis looks like a good course and Game Theory, too.

The session dates have been adjusted too. Perhaps to make Session 1 more appealing to Session 2ers? Any takers?

What's going to be your #1 choice? I think it'll be Philosophy again for me. :p 3rd time's the charm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

I got mine today aswell :)

The new courses look pretty cool, although I don't really have much of an idea what I'm going to do this year..
    Is it just me or have the application forms been sent out earlier than usual?

xxx meeka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Yeah, didn't we get them in like March last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Adesina

Just got mine :)

The new courses look good but I'll probably go for Speculatice Fiction Writing again *hopes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

We got them a lot earlier this year. Hopefully it's because they in tend on making it 'bigger and better' this year.

It seems that all the courses are getting better with more corporate sponsorship as more people of worth leave! Game theory sounds great, I only wish I hadn't wasted my first year on architecture. How did Zoology stay though when everyone seemed to hate it, and why did they put Drama in session 2 if they're trying to put more people in session 1. That's going to be the most popular course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Was it really that popular last year, Drama? I thought it had a fairly average number in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

SAD!

Stupid being 16...

Just think about it: A congregation of intelligent, quirky, bizarre, camp, artistic and idiosynchranatic people, so it makes sense that it'll be full.

Was it really that popular last year, Drama? I thought it had a fairly average number in it.

I don't remember there being a huge number in it last year, I think it was just average like you said.

Raphael wrote:
    SAD!

Stupid being 16...

AAAAAhh, poor Aonghus! *motions hug*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

Drama had a normal number but millions put it down as there first choice. I'm about to email Colm and ask him to let me back in

• Advertisement

Good luck Niamh!

AAAAAhh, poor Aonghus! *motions hug*
    *huggle*

Thank you randomer!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oh wow I'm so exciteed..I just got over last years CTYI :) The course options do appear to have gone out much earlier this year though. I would have liked to have done drama one of my other two years but since I do intensive drama every week and will be doing a 12 hour a day course for the DFF in August I'll give it a miss.

Criminology looks good, as does game theory.

Ahhh so many choices and so exited ^^ *squeals*

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Waaaaaaaaah! I want to go back.

Does that mean i should leave boards? I mean, in a few months time i wont have a clue what any of ye are talking about...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

Yes Kevin, get out.

(I jest)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

When is the application due? Was it stated when you should find out what course you will be doing in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

I didn't get a programme...so I guess this really is the end.

Hmm, this feels weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Well, this is ****. Hopefully I get invited back, but personally I don't see it happening. Bollocks. Have fun newbies, I'ma go be old and sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

It's just hit me how many of my friends wont be there this year :(

Also the session two dates are really late this year....I guess they Moved session two to the end of June so Junior Cert people can go to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

Do I take it you'll be there this year then Liz?

*hugs* to Aonghus, Aoife and Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

Very sorry to think of all those who won't be there this year. Last year I met some of the greatest people I've ever had the pleasure to know and sadly many will be absent. All us Nevermores and other non-n00bs will be thinking about you guys. It won't be the same without you.

-Daithí

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Sure the year I did my SAT, we'd not even done it at this point. o.O
    Crazy early.

I've not looked at the choices much, yet. May veer towards Theo Phys, or Spec Fic, or.. oh, I don't know. My last year. Gotta be something good... =/

Do TheoPhys, it seriously rocks. Seriously. The instructor can juggle!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

^ And balance a chair on his chin. He was great, hehe xD

I think I'm going to put philosophy as my first choice, might as well choose a humanity for my last year, since all my previous years have been sciences.. And maybe Game Theory and Psychology as other choices..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Jack Lynch wrote:
    Waaaaaaaaah! I want to go back.

Does that mean i should leave boards? I mean, in a few months time i wont have a clue what any of ye are talking about...
    I'm still hanging around, and I'm 19! But that's mainly because I use the other boards, I just drop into this one occassionally. It's weird looking at the CTYI Introductions and not knowing anyone though. That's why I never bothered doing my own thread, cos I don't really know anyone here

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Jack Lynch wrote:

I haven't known what anyone has been talking about for years...
    Fishie wrote:
    It's weird looking at the CTYI Introductions and not knowing anyone though. That's why I never bothered doing my own thread, cos I don't really know anyone here

That's a bad reason to let it stop you. There's two threads on there of people during my time and one from before me. ... I'll admit to not having gotten around to doing one myself but that'd down to sheer laziness/tiredness etc.

Raphael wrote:
    *huggle*

Thank you randomer!

I'll randomize you!

By the way, I'm going to ask the question on everyone's mind:
    WHAT SESSION IS EVERYONE DOING!

I want to do philosophy and put down game theory, theoretical physics and psychology as my other choices. I only, just about got in on the maths so would I struggle with Theor Phys?

If anyone is doing TheoPhys, ask david about the egyptian ejaculation theory

Raphael wrote:
    If anyone is doing TheoPhys, ask david about the egyptian ejaculation theory

Oh ****, I dont want to know.........though its just so tempting.....DIVULGE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Well, if they don't take me back, I'm just going to hang around lots. I can't believe it if it's really over for me, especially given my lack of activity last year...

Advertisement