Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2006 Programme

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

By the way, I'm going to ask the question on everyone's mind:
    WHAT SESSION IS EVERYONE DOING!
    I think it'll be Session 2 again for me. Elizabeth? Stephanie? Same as usual?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah Session two...although it does go into August and I may be doing stuff for the Fringe Festival with my Theatre Company then...

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

I can only go to session 2, I command all the relevant people to go to that.

I get really panicky thinking about it, it'll be really lacking people and it's my last year and... yeah... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Session 2 for all the good children of the world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Let's not focus on the bad and look to the good: moulding the new CTYI spawn in our wicked ways. *Nyih hih*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freakydeadgirl

*jumps on nevermore band wagon*

DAMN being 18..........in the respect of not being able to return unto CTYI

....YAY for the stripclubs and cloves.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

feckin 17ness. limbo of nothing but work!
    just you wait for the LC... haha

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Raphael wrote:
    If anyone is doing TheoPhys, ask david about the egyptian ejaculation theory

Is that the creation myth?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

****. It would appear not worth my while to go back. That's just ****ing perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

They send it to me, but I can't go... It's just cruel. Well that said, it really was my choice to go to Switzerland, but I wasn't quite prepared for the damn envelope... Have fun without me my children!!

(NOTE: Any rumours of my siring any CTYI-ers, past, present, future or hypothetical are vastly exaddurated. Honest.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

They send it to me, but I can't go... It's just cruel. Well that said, it really was my choice to go to Switzerland, but I wasn't quite prepared for the damn envelope... Have fun without me my children!!

(NOTE: Any rumours of my siring any CTYI-ers, past, present, future or hypothetical are vastly exaddurated. Honest.)

What! You won't be there! Why Switzerland, what did they ever do for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Aye, probably Session 2.. unless I decide to go for Modern Maths or Writing for Life... but Theo Phys and Spec Fic would be basic equivalents anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Is that the creation myth?
    That would be it.

Dave: Welcome to nevermoreism. Can I take your coat?

PFM: TheoPhys! Do eeet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

*must... resist... urge... to... Python-ise... remark...*

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

*glares*
    Die, all of you....
    Except for R4ph and Franklin, you can live... *tear* No more random kinky CTYI sex for G...:(

JenLorigan wrote:
    I can only go to session 2, I command all the relevant people to go to that.

I get really panicky thinking about it, it'll be really lacking people and it's my last year and... yeah... :(

You're a nevermore this year? Aww that sucks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

Fallen to the dark side, Cathal has...[/injoke]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

****. It would appear not worth my while to go back. That's just ****ing perfect.
    Pardon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Hey... well, from the thread it would appear you've got a nice set of courses.. Some interesting new ones. Alas, I won't be there this year (I know, I know *tear*), but I will suggest that anyone in any way interested in either Speculative Fiction Writing or Legal Studies does the course. They both rock loads, great instructors in both.

Enjoy it anyway, whatever course you pick! You young 'uns.. *mutters* :p

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Piste wrote:

That sucks? THAT SUCKS!?!?!?! Grrr...

I'd advise anyone to do Legal Studies, although Eoin did say he might only be able to do one session this year. International History has a great instructor too. What are the actual dates of the sessions?

• Advertisement

Eoin's doing session two (quite right too)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Dave: Noone else'll do session one. **** this. You all suck.

R4ph: I need that coat to cry into.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Outcast wrote:
    I'm about to email Colm and ask him to let me back in
    I refuse to accept nevermoreness. To what address do we send such pleas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wacmoosie

They do let you back if you ask nicely... I will be 17 in the summer and I got them to agree to let me come back. Yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

Piste wrote:
    Yeah, funny thing about sixteening... I might be able to bleed another year out of them, not sure though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Is it only me that isn't sad not to be going back?Don't get me wrong - CTYI was great and all that but I think my time as a student there is well and truly up.By this year's CTYI I'll be nearly 18, finished my leaving cert, probably within days of getting my results and having my leaving night and my debs in September.Somehow the idea of being put to bed at 10.30, dry discos in the canteen and the lack of freedom don't appeal to me so much anymore.17 is too old to be going back and while there is a part of me that would go back in a second, overall I don't want to return as a student.Who knows, maybe next year or the year after I might apply for an RA job.At leats that way you can have the best of both worlds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

No, I'm not at all sad about leaving, there's just some of the courses themselves this year that I'd have an interest in doing. I'm well over the not going back thing, tbh I had accepted that as soon as I found out I was going to CTYI for the first time (I had 2 years, no more, and I knew it), so I made the best of my time there.

I still think I'd like to apply to be an RA, it sounds really interesting, and from what I was told, as much as/more fun than being a student. And days off too. 'Twould be muchly cool. :)

It's weird to think that some of my friends could be my RA :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Jesus i forgot im able to become an RA now, worth a thought!

Advertisement