Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2006 Programme

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

hi is anyone gonna be an RA this year????

P.S. everyone going to session two be real sound to lisa the RA, she's dead sound i hear. she's eh... my friend. yeah. friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭J Campion

Piste wrote:
    Omg we coulda been classmates! :D

I only got my forms in something like 3 or four days before the closing date >.<

But it's not first-come-first-served right?

RIGHT?

Better NOT be!!! I returned mine ON the day they were supposed to be in. Mind you I did doss school to go to the post office, which shows my dedication...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I rushed home to get my passport pics taken for it and endured a teacher yelling at me when I got back for study about not being in uniform.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

When I got the form I decided to send it off a.s.a.p. instead of leaving it to the last minute like i do with everything, then I forgot and left it til the last minute, so I skipped triple PE and I dropped in into DCU on the day before the deadline.
    I hope I don't end up being a commuter if they do what they did last year. One year as a commuter was bad enough

...what did they do last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

They sent a letter out asking some people to commute instead or change to session 1 because it was over booked. I don't think I got the letter (I can't remember). Roisin dempsey braddel was made a commuter but she stayed in the sports block because she was from cork, until a girl in my RA group left, then she moved into her room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

I was asked to commute or change to sess 1 aswell and I emailed them back asking them to put me on a waiting list if some-one pulled out and at the end of May I got a phone-call saying I could be a resident. I dont think they'll ask us to commute again this year cos I think if they were going to they'd have already done it. I dont reckon sess2 will be overbooked cos of all the nevermores and looking back on it I think they'd ask different people in the dublin area to commute every year, depending on whether it's their last year or not, so that it's not the same people who miss out on residency cos of over-booking. I reckon Shiney and I are thus off the hook.:)

It'd make for sense for them to use the other Res blocks as well as the current Res Blocks if they have so many applicants wouldn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I think the reason they re-jigged the course dates was to stem the problem of overcrowding.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

To use the other res blocks would probably cost more...

And, hmm, I thought they changed the dates to make it handier for the exams and such. Session 1 is starting a couple days after they finish and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

I think they changed it as they were late back into the offices. My sister did her SATs this year and only got her results a few days before the original end date so they extended it. And yes, she passed, look out for her in session 2 (we think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Lady penelopy

is anyone else getting slightly nervous about getting the stuff back?! when will we get them?! when?! *twitch*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

I'm a nevermore... *cries*:( :(:(

Piste wrote:
    I'm 13/14 in my photo with straight blond hair....

When was this?!!?! And can I see that photo?!:eek:

Never! :p It was last year, a day or two before my 14th birthday, I was just back from Cork and my cousin has straightened my hair which was quite long at that stage, also it was blond then. Looks much different :)

I'm actually nervous about getting the course thingys back too. I hope they dont do something awful like say 'we didnt get your form and you cant come back this year.' Illogical fear I know........

I just wanna know what course I got...assuming I got one...Ahhh Cliodhna you've put doubt in my mind!

Piste wrote:
    Never! :p It was last year, a day or two before my 14th birthday, I was just back from Cork and my cousin has straightened my hair which was quite long at that stage, also it was blond then. Looks much different :)
    Aw aw aw but I wanna see!! Pleeeeeeease?! *puppy dog eyes*

Well FINE THEN, next time I see you I'll bring les piccies.

1. I've doubt that they even got my form. Illogical, I know, but fears like that plague me regardless of reason. Sorry Liz!

2. It's spelt 'Clíodhna', actually.

• Advertisement
Advertisement