Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How was your first Day Back

Options
  • 16-01-2006 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

How was everyones first day back? Im in my second lecture already and my pants are chaffing. Im sooo Bored!!!! I need to book a holiday

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

I only had one lecture so it was fairly painless, home now for the rest of the day. Only have 9 hours this semester, its so sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

UCD have it easy. I was back in this hole (CIT) last Monday and was brain-dead 10 minutes into class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Turned up in plenty of time! Maybe a little early :)
    Got the latest family guy off a lad in my class, priceless.
    Saw kittenkiller and had a hot choclate and light gossip. Tisk tisk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

Hmmm, I just gave the latest family guy to a lad in my class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

two hr lecture and home now all on my own. boredom is setting in AGAIN! looks like i'll just have to watch oprah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Well I haven't had my first lecture yet! But I'm already pissed off with O'Briens... they left my spicy beef hot wrap standing for 10 minutes behind the counter after I'd paid before giving it to me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Only had the one lecture today which is finished so just hung about. All in all quite a good first day back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Fairly good. 9 o clock start wasn't very pleasant but I'll probably get used to it (or just not go in).
    Started Joe Kiniry's course today. He seems like a cool guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Only had one lecture and the lecturer seems "quirky". Could be a fun module but i do forsee a lot of work for the project. That would be the same Joe Kiniry that Waltons had :p (surprising since we both do comp science)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

it's painful :(

• Advertisement

He mentioned that people thought it was too painful last year, so hopefully it won't be as bad this year.
    *fingers crossed* :eek:

B-K, he's pretty hardcore too ;)

:(

One thing i missed about UCD was the women and their bare legs. There was one at the bus stop who had that morning decided to wear what i believe was a mini-skirt type thing over which she wore an long coat. She looked absolutely frozen but was a pleasant sight while waiting for my m8's bus before cycling home :D

EDIT: yeah he said he was gonna make it less "hardcore" than last year. Seriously he loves that word and "Quirky" ;)
    EDIT2: He said that he had had problems sending mails from UCD to hotmail... ya think gmail would be alright? Else ill have to bitch slap some people into giving me my various passwords to various email accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

oops kinda didnt make it to my nine lecture [same one as waltons i think] -2006 not lookin good is it!
    Eh wasnt too bad really have a double Irish which is a bitch...
    Oh yeah have to do psychology because i was kicked out of the french class because i did it for junior cert....sigh.....
    My fridays off timetable is fucuked oh well i'll just go home thursdays as usual i suppose....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Great day...

Chatted to boneless and Peacheh this morn, before my first lecture on The Troubles in N.Ire: From War To Peace or something along those lines.

Was here in the daedalus for a few hours after that, then Core History lecture, after which myself, boneless, peacheh and a few non-boardsies b*tched about how us 3rd years are getting well and truly boned by the establishment wit all the sh*te they're foisterin on us wit only a few months of our degree left.

Then just smoked, chatted and froze for a while chattin to a few peeps.

Great to be back!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Only had one lecture and the lecturer seems "quirky". Could be a fun module but i do forsee a lot of work for the project. That would be the same Joe Kiniry that Waltons had :p (surprising since we both do comp science)
    I've got Kiniry for our project too... he seems like a bit of a nutjob! (in a good way, of course) I'm hoping it won't be too bad... but it looks like the sort of thing that will get more and more painful as time goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I was supposed to have a three hour lecture from 3-6 but the guy never turned up. Who can I complain to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PaulDoh

B-K-DzR wrote:
    :(

One thing i missed about UCD was the women and their bare legs. There was one at the bus stop who had that morning decided to wear what i believe was a mini-skirt type thing over which she wore an long coat. She looked absolutely frozen but was a pleasant sight while waiting for my m8's bus before cycling home :D

EDIT: yeah he said he was gonna make it less "hardcore" than last year. Seriously he loves that word and "Quirky" ;)
    EDIT2: He said that he had had problems sending mails from UCD to hotmail... ya think gmail would be alright? Else ill have to bitch slap some people into giving me my various passwords to various email accounts.

He seemed to say 'coook-ie' (as opposed to cookie) a lot too. Looks like his lectures could be interesting if that first one is anything to go by.

Damn that 'group' project thing though - it seems not getting to know anyone doing C.S. has come back to bite me on the @rse. I'll be one of those fools who has to be paired up with people by the lecturer himself!:o

B-K-DzR wrote:

I reckon Gmail is grand. I signed up with Gmail anyway!
    Scraggs wrote:
    oops kinda didnt make it to my nine lecture [same one as waltons i think] -2006 not lookin good is it!

9 this morning I was doing Quantatatatatative Economics. Don't know the time for Words and...whatever it is off-hand, but I don't think it's on at 9 any day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Had one lecture today and am meant to have one 2hr lecture tomorrow....but it's been cancelled! Rock on 3rd year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I was naughty and went straight to the bar-not for beverages but just to meet everyone!Was the usual highjinks in the bar-nice seeing a few familar faces!was a nice day back until i read what people have been saying about me on the ucdsu website,which isnt true at all:( Anywho,is nice to be back,for the free internet especially!

• Advertisement

ahh broadband. Cant live without it.
    Damn that 'group' project thing though - it seems not getting to know anyone doing C.S. has come back to bite me on the @rse. I'll be one of those fools who has to be paired up with people by the lecturer himself!
    Ah sure u can probably join myself and chris (not on boards).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

so much for resoultions, was in the bar by 1 and going back now, well I'll start academically tomorrow:p

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Was late for my first lecture at 9am. Naturally. Then I had a lecture at 12 and at 4. I'm knackered now.

I found out I might have a presentation due in for Wednesday which I haven't started so that's a pain in the arse. Oh well.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

SebtheBum wrote:
    then Core History lecture, after which myself, boneless, peacheh and a few non-boardsies b*tched about how us 3rd years are getting well and truly boned by the establishment wit all the sh*te they're foisterin on us wit only a few months of our degree left.

Yep, I'm still absolutely fuming over this. New course, lecturers seems pretty clueless as to whats going to be done, and no sample paper being provided before the exam. :mad:

Yet again we are the History departments guinea pigs and theres no way in hell we should let this go.

They have to provide a sample paper.....its our final fúcking year for god sake! "Your essay questions will be a guide".....eh I dont think so!
    Not unless they're planning to ask us to compare and contrast the opinions of four historians in our exam, since thats how our essay questions are being asked. (another new thing they brought in for us lucky people in final year....."hey guys, we know its your last year so we've decided to change the way you do your essays just to really fúck you over.")

Right now, I hate this college. :mad:

Oh and on a side note....did anyone else get handed a free admission flier for PODSOC? fúcking podsoc???? A society for events held in the Pod nightclub?!"! :confused:
    Sounds like some savvy business dealings on the college's part. Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

came in for a lecture and found out that i've nothing else now till wednesday evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I hear the plight of you third year history students. And Grimes wont let you down. I will TAKE TOMORROW OFF! as protest against the distasteful manner in which you are being treated..... see ya wednesday

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Pythia wrote:
    Who can I complain to?
    It's actually 'too'. It's very simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭randombassist

First day was grand for me. Double Philosophy first thing on a Monday morning is not the best way for me to meet the new week though... I can see that being a bit of a downer going into this semester!

It's actually 'too'. It's very simple.

Nope, "to" is correct.
    Since we're being pedantic though, it really aught to be "To whom can I complain?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Waltons wrote:
    Nope, "to" is correct.
    Since we're being pedantic though, it really aught to be "To whom can I complain?"
    *ought

Advertisement