Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How was your first Day Back

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

A touch, a touch, I do confess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Waltons wrote:
    A touch, a touch, I do confess.

It wasn't me!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PaulDoh

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Ah sure u can probably join myself and chris (not on boards).
    Nice one - I might just take you up on that offer if you're serious? Otherwise I definitely will be one of those spares at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I missed the lecture for the Software engineering project. Not the greatest start to the semester know:p.
    As there are a few 1st year Comp. science on these boards, I was hoping if someone could fill me in on what i missed. Like how the module is assesed and what we're supposed to be learning in it. What is the lecturer like? Oh and does it need much effort?

I missed the lecture for the Software engineering project. Not the greatest start to the semester know:p.
    As there are a few 1st year Comp. science on these boards, I was hoping if someone could fill me in on what i missed. Like how the module is assesed and what we're supposed to be learning in it. What is the lecturer like? Oh and does it need much effort?

:cool:
    The lecturer is completely insane. It's continuous assessment with no final exam - which sounds good but means that there's no resit if you fail. Go to this site here and register for COMP 10050. It's basically assessed by your project and "bonus" online quizzes I think. We learn more of the same from Henry's class and Intro to Prog but we put it into use as well (in a project with 2/3 other people). Anything else?

• Advertisement

The project with 2/3 people? How is that done, you're put into groups or whoever is there? And what kind of project is it? I know it's software engineering but did he explaine much else about it?

The project with 2/3 people? How is that done, you're put into groups or whoever is there? And what kind of project is it? I know it's software engineering but did he explaine much else about it?

It's a project on Cellular Automata (don't ask...:confused: ). It'll be around 1000 lines of code long. You're supposed to pick who you do the project with. Groups are supposed to contain 3/4 people.

Feck. Thats sounds like some serious stuff. Well it sounds interesting and a bit more involving than my other classes. Now, who do i get to be in my group:confused:

PaulDoh wrote:
    It's a project on Cellular Automata (don't ask...:confused: ). It'll be around 1000 lines of code long. You're supposed to pick who you do the project with. Groups are supposed to contain 3/4 people.
    Didn't he say it'll probably be considerably less than 1000 lines?

Waltons wrote:
    Didn't he say it'll probably be considerably less than 1000 lines?

Now that you say it, I remember he said that only the class uber-nerd wrote that much, so hopefully less than 1000 lines.

• Advertisement

Fluid dynamics indeed :eek:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Waltons wrote:
    Nope, "to" is correct.
    Since we're being pedantic though, it really aught to be "To whom can I complain?"
    Correct. Mea culpa. I didn't see the "Who". I was blinded by Pythia's beauty.

Apologies Pythia.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

He said the nerd wrote almsot 3000 lines of code but the rest were all under.

1000 lines may seem like a lot but im guessing its not all that much. 1000/4 = 250 each. Longest programme i ever wrote was about that long i think and it wasnt nearly as interesting as this might be :p

Ah we'll see how it goes.

Nothing's changed with fintan. I didn't like the wake up sqeek I got from the microphone though, twas WAY too early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

[rant]Well today was my first day back. Strolled in this morning half asleep as usual struggling to cope with getting up 6 hours earlier than usual, I go to sit in the lecture theatre, I haven't had a lecture in 3 months so it's all new again to me, after a few seconds I know something ain't quite right, I look around...... I think I was in an Arabic lecture!!! So not having a clue where I'm meant to be I'm running around the Arts block like a headless chicken to find a computer so I can check where I'm meant to be, no computer in Arts block, Daedalus, SIS not working.... arrrghhh.....to cut a long story short I'm meant to be in ThP, get there half hour late and it's only a stupid intro lecture and since it was my only lecture I'm kicking myself for going in where I could have stayed in bed :( Grrr... [/rant]

Oh well results for me tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Oh well results for me tomorrow!
    Good luck mate!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

SebtheBum wrote:
    Good luck mate!:)

Thanks man... I need it! If I somehow failed I'm walking and will start a new course in September but if this was last year I wouldn't even contemplate it. I should be more than grand..... better be anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Bad day today. I slept in late and, well, I decided not to bother going in at all.:o

It's only Tuesday and I'm ALREADY screwing up.:rolleyes:

Oh well hopefully things will look up. After all...tomorrow is another day!

PS Good luck tomorrow Zane.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Bad day today. I slept in late and, well, I decided not to bother going in at all.:o

snap!

Good luck to everyone getting results :)

I was told that first years won't be getting them till feb.:mad:
    i don't like all this waiting, and are they sent out through the post?
    I need to know if i have to be on my toes before my parents get them.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Im still in bed. Didnt get up today. its 8pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Aye me too! :p

Great start eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Aye me too! :p

Great start eh?

Bah is there anyone here who actually believed they would change after christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Bah is there anyone here who actually believed they would change after christmas
    raises hand feebly, passing off his drink as a coca cola

Wow I never realised it before but those generalisations are true - We ARE bums.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

So very true. Though I have the intention of doing lots of work this term... let's see how that works out! I almost slept it out for my 11am lecture this morning, I was only 5 minutes late for it... We've got a Russian guy for Unix... everything he says just makes me think "In Soviet Russia, computer programs you!" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I had a project due monday night at 9pm for when the office closed, and wednesday (today) I have a three thousand word essay due on th semantics of 'Yes'. I haven't started either.

You UCD heads don't even realise how easy you have it.

Anyway, I'm tired and I'm off to sleep. (That's right, I'm not staying awake to do any work.)

I had a project due monday night at 9pm for when the office closed, and wednesday (today) I have a three thousand word essay due on th semantics of 'Yes'. I haven't started either.

The semantics of yes? Huh?

Today wasn't great for me. I missed my 9am lecture again (I'll make one of them, you wait!) and then I realised at around 1:40 that I had a lecture - for 1. :rolleyes:

All in all my day was another waste and oh yeah - I think I missed a tutorial assuming politics tutorials are taking place this week.

I'm still confident I'll get it together eventually though.*

* Does the dole pay well?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Was elected auditor of DuchSoc for the session 06/07!
    Made all my lectures! (one was a 9am)
    Went to training (frisbee, **** yeah)
    Did some study for driving theory test tomorrow (oh the shame of failing a test where "What does a stop sign mean" is asked in 3 different ways)

Also managed to behave myself, no drinking [edit][strike]or being nasty to anyone, though some people really deserve it[/strike][edit]

• Advertisement

Did some study for driving theory test tomorrow (oh the shame of failing a test where "What does a stop sign mean" is asked in 3 different ways)

Good luck to you! I'm heading for mine on friday.
    *forsees 10 questions about tractor maintenance*

Advertisement