Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many games do you own?

Options
  • 16-01-2006 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

I was just looking through all my games and counted that I have 80 games for my various consoles. Just wondering how many games everyone has in their collection?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I know i did a count on this lately... something around 60 or 70 spread over Gamecube, Gameboy, Nes, Megadrive, PC, PS1 etc... too much crap lying around to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

3 for my DS, 24 for my gamecube (was 28 until i had a clearout recently)
    and a shedload for the pc (i usually sell most of them after i complete them though).
    oh yeah, and one GBA game due to arrive soon...
    had something like 13 for my xbox before i sold that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I counted them once, a few years ago. It was just over 100 then, but I've more now. I've been meaning to count them again, but I've never got the chance.

I've only been gaming since the SNES, wait until the Atari and friends crowd show up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Not a lot really, I usually get rid of old console games by trading them.
    At the moment:
    3 psp games
    4 ps2 games
    4 xbox games

I've a heap of PC games though, usually don't get rid of those, especially ones with multiplayer.
    Never had any consoles from the pre-ps2/xbox/cube generation, as I had an amiga/PC back then. Sold the amiga with all its games years ago, which I kind of regret.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

anyone know the mathematical code for infinity because i lost count of the number of games i own

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

More games than a mother****er. couldn't be arsed counting them but there is over 150.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

At last count i have 170 games from Snes, MD, Saturn. Dreamcast, N64, GameCube, Gameboy, GBA, DS and my PC.

I also have an atari with about 20 odd games that i haven't counted into the list.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Too many to count - 100s, with PC (dos to xp), then PS2, and Xbox making up the bulk (more on Xbox I'd guess), and with not to many to Xbox 360, Gamecube, DS/GBA, PS1, and PSP – and may have one or two lying around for the Gamegear, probably only Sonic.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Last count was 21 for my GC (I've traded in a few when I was short on cash but wanted games), 5 for my PS2, 4 for my Xbox, 8 for my DS, about 20 for GBA, 5 for N64, 2 for SNES.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Im not going to count them but id say way over hundred, if i include dvds 200 and xbox games would make it about 230 :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Few hundred. Don't play any anymore though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Probably 50 spread over 6 platforms, though I don't remember how many PS1 games I've sold over the years -- collection was 88 at one stage, I remember that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

hmm.. these are just aproxamate figures...

10 for N64
    50 for Gamecube
    40 for PS2
    20 for Xbox
    4 for Xbox 360
    10 for PS1
    20 for DS
    20 for GBA
    50 for Dreamcast

oh and I sold my PSP recently.. it had 3 games.

I couldn't even begin to count VIC20, C64, Amiga and PC games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

a bit over 100 definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Aanything from 40-70, dont know the exact figures tbh, but most are xbox1, follwed by gamecube, ps2, then pc, then 360. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bugger, this is a toughy, computer down here and machines and games in attic room,
    PS1-110 games
    PS2-40 games
    NES-17 games
    Snes-30 games
    Gameboy/GBA-35 games
    Virtualboy-10 games or so
    N64-35 games or so
    GC-15 games or so
    DS-8 games
    Megadrive-15 games
    Saturn-30 games or so
    MasterSystem-5 games
    Gamegear-10 games
    MegaCD-10 games or so
    32X-7 games i think
    Dreamcast-30 to 40 or thereabouts
    Atari 2600-15 games
    Atari 7800-2 games
    Atari Jag-7 games
    NeoGeoPocket-15 games
    Xbox-27 games
    Xbox360-7 games
    Pong Machine
    Vectrex with a multicart with a whole bunch of stuff on it.
    Nintendo Pokemon Mini-4 games
    Nec TurboGrafx16-8 games or so
    3DO-15 games

I think thats the lot so far, more comes in week by week as I sneek stuff in past the ever watchful eye of my good lady wife, "She who must be obeyed"
    Must get an AtariLynx too, missing one of those at the mo, also a colecovision and an intellivision console, an atari or odysee (can't spell) pong machine would also be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

wow thats alot!

have a few hundred pc games and 6 xbox games

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

SNES - 21
    Gameboy - 1
    GBA - 9
    Gamecube - 28
    PS2 - 40
    PC - ~20

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

A VirtualBoy!!!
    You must be one of very few in Ireland to have one Ciderman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I'd say I've got around 180 games in my collection, 50 or so console/handheld and the rest PC. If I was to include my collection before the n64 it would probably be around 70 higher, partially because of the cheap cost of old c64 games-I remember saving half of my pocket money and buying a new game every second week......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Around 200 PC games, since I never trade them in, although I do randomly give them away now and then.

Then I have 4 Xbox 360 games, 2 Xbox games, 6 PSP games, 4 DS games, 1 GBA game, about 20 Gamecube games and 30 or so PS2 games. And about 5 PS1 games :)

I did have a hell of a lot more but had a bit of a current gen clear out recently because space was getting tight. I probably had 70 to 80 PS2 games at peak. I'm trying not to sell too many, sticking with a rule that I'll only sell it if it has a superior sequel, doesn't have a story worth mentioning, or is rubbish. I sold way too many games over the years that I regret doing now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

ps2 47
    xbox 41
    ps1 7
    ds 4
    psp 4 and many backups ;-)
    gc 1
    gba 4
    gb 2
    megadrive about 20
    snes 2 (no console yet still looking for a cheap one)
    nes about 15
    Amiga over 100
    C64 over 100
    N64 1
    Pc about 20

Almost everything is boxed up and unusable due to the lack of space in my room apart from the newer consoles which is a shame.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have to say I have been lucky, I have bought and owned games machines since the early 80's and was in the buy 'em, trade 'em mode til a couple of years ago when I sold my jap dreamcast for 100 pounds a saturn and a N64. Then it kinda mushroomed.
    I started picking stuff up in the usual places, Bookmart and game exchange on talbot st., Game and Gamestops preowned sections and on Ebay.
    I never buy stuff just because its old, I buy stuff that I actually want to play.
    I usually abandon cart boxes, especially the cardboard nintendo ones, my games are for playing not reselling!
    I built a wee house a couple of years ago and then a little later converted the attic, one end of which became my games room.
    I had sets of shelves put in with my consoles wired up to a decent tv and surround system, have a wiring set up so all I have to do is switch anyone on to play it, no messing with scarts or rf cables.
    I love the games in my collection and would find near impossible now to trade any in, always on the lookout for more interesting things that may have slipped past.
    Nearly consider it a working museum to the art of videogaming, must redecorate the room, that american dude who decorated his in a Mario Bros style wa pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I have roughly 50 pc games
    78 psp games
    20+ ps2
    30+ps1
    6 n64
    8 gameboy advance

And then hundreds of rom emulators....

Not sure if roms are fair game, then those of us with very snes, megadrive, n64 and MAME title installed on their xbox's would outstrip all others!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

have about 50+ pc games. have had an xbox and ps2 before but sold them. would have alot more if i'd kept them.

Advertisement