Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did anyone else try to give up drinking for the LC year?

Options
  • 16-01-2006 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭

I (Anto) gave up drink and all surrounding drugs (smokes, hash, shrooms etc.) compleatly for 6th year, n I've managed to stave off them compleatly since September! The brewing industry need not feer however, as Moe is more than making up for me in his substance consumption this year. Just wondering if anyone else bothered and how it's going.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

My opinion: ...I don't care!

The cold turkey doesn't seem to be improving your spelling or grammar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shane0312

Shrimp wrote:
    My opinion: ...I don't care!

Thats a bit harsh!:confused:

In answer to your question, I started off with the best of intentions but it never happened. When you go out I think a few drinks makes you relax more and maybe helps dull the apprehension about LC. To be honest I don't think a few drinks are going to intrerfere with your studying. Its all about balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

He's clearly a troll or and equivalent. It's a bit of a give away with the Dual-Persona?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

No chance, its built into my lifestyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Have cut down, trying not to go all out any more. A few drinks at the weekend is no harm though, once it's not so excessive that you take all week to recover.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

I have been out every weekend since September, but now I only have a pint or two, then head home, back for 12 and get up for study on sunday.

Theres no harm in that at all, the Leaving Cert doesnt have to kill your social life..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Not a problem, I don't drink outside of the house anyway. At home, I have the one or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

i'm not 'not drinking' but i've started saving for summer so i'm not going out as much as i was before xmas. also feel slightly sick thinking of the amount of alcohol consumed on new years... :o haven't drank since then and hasn't bothered me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

dont drink anyway really so cant say its a problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

No I havn't given up! I probably should but looking forward to hitting the town on a Saturday night is what gets me through the week tbh. It's the one night of the week to go out and have fun and i don't think the lc should take that away aswell as the rest of our fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

ya need a release

Advertisement