Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC to PS2 Memory Card help

Options
  • 16-01-2006 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Apologies if this is a total newbie question but I've searched the sticky threads here and didn't find anything relating to this.

I'd like to have all teams/player names/stadium names/etc.... updated on my PS2 but I don't want to sit there for hours on end editing the names of players with the PS2 controller, as anyone can imagine, its a pain in the ass.

Just wondering, is there a device out there that will allow me to edit the files on my memory card using my pc?

This would also solve another problem: 30 euro for 8 megs (grrr).

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Yeah. There's a device called a Max Drive, which is a USB device.

So, plug it into the PC, dowload option file onto it.

Then plug it into your ps2 and voila !

Should cost < €20

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Cool, where would I get one of these?

Would I have to get it online or would most computer hardware places have it? Didn't think there would be such a thing tbh, I'm delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Its for sale on play.com but id be suprised if either GAME or Gamestop didn't have it.

If they don't have it and you don't have a credit card you could one of those 3V voucher things to use for online shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

I just bought a new one on ebay for 15euro including delivery :)

daRobot wrote:
    I just bought a new one on ebay for 15euro including delivery :)
    Whats it like? I've read a few reviews about some of them and they 'tend' to delete your saved games a bit. Whatcha think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

That can happen with any transfer device.

I've been using the old school Xport V2 for the last 3 years and I've used it more times than 100 people will in their lifetimes. Only once has it given me a Memory Card error and even then I had all the game saves backed up on my PC anyway.

I wouldn't worry about the horror storied putting you off, every electronic gadget has some. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Whats it like? I've read a few reviews about some of them and they 'tend' to delete your saved games a bit. Whatcha think?

Formatted my mem card on me, lost a 160 hour FFX save on it, and countless master league saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I am interested in getting one of these (Max Drive) especially since I need a new memory card anyway. £9.99 on play.com (just a quick not to people to never set the currency to euros on play.com, they completely rip you off and you don't have to pay commission on any purchase made with the currency set in sterling) However I've noticed on Pesfan the option files have been removed due to legal difficulties. Is it still possible to download updated option files?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

The Max Drive uses software that quite clearly shows the USB as USB and memory card as memory card, you have to ok any formatting so if you did it by accident well that would be stupid.

Have the Max Drive and never once has it anything dodgy. Used it quite a lot Argos have it for €24.99 and Game for €29.99. Esssential purchase if you play PES.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Is it still possible to download updated option files?

Search here or register on www.Evo.web.co.uk for more choice im hosting a few atm. Will update later.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

KdjaC wrote:
    Search here or register on www.Evo.web.co.uk for more choice im hosting a few atm. Will update later.

kdjac

Cool thanks, I'll probably wait until after the transfer window is closed to update anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac

*www.evo-web.co.uk

;)

KdjaC wrote:
    The Max Drive uses software that quite clearly shows the USB as USB and memory card as memory card, you have to ok any formatting so if you did it by accident well that would be stupid.

Have the Max Drive and never once has it anything dodgy. Used it quite a lot Argos have it for €24.99 and Game for €29.99. Esssential purchase if you play PES.

kdjac
    Thanks for all the help people. I found a few option files on www.gamefaqs.com but none of what I want.

Don't suppose anyone has an option file or knows if its possible to get the following?

nothing unlocked, no PES shop points, all cup/team/league/player names correct

I found a few where nothing is unlocked and all names correct but they've left something like 9999 PES points for the shop in there. Handy if you like that sort of thing but I'd prefer to work at it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭dr zoidberg

I'll give you one if you want. You need AR Max PS2, just uncrush it to your memory card (you'll need to delete the old option file first or move it to your PC). This option file has all the correct names etc. but some of the trophies are already won, so you won't get the PES for winning them :( - this was how it was when I downloaded it.
    Anyway here you go

Advertisement