Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smoking fine

• 16-01-2006 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

heya, did anyone else hear about the smoking fines, ya no the janitor guy, think his name is trevor, wears glasses n is kinda tall. was out havin a smoke at the front doors of the college out by the reception. he was telling me that the college are thinking of bringing in fines for smoking in the non smoking areas. like he said as long as ur jus down the steps ur grand but right up against the doors ur gonna be fined, think thats a load of bull**** anyways. any comments

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

What happens if you're down the spets but the wind blows the smoke into the non-smoking area? Can the fine be applied and will there be a smoke detector to prove it like a kind of speed camera type thing?

Ah what do I care I don't even go there any more.

Oh yeah, and I don't smoke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yeah. The law seemingly says that in business's, the smoking area has to be a few meters away from the building, to stop smoke from going back into an open window. So the college may bring in something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

ya, the janitor fella was sayin that you must be as far away from the door so that the automatic doors close. its all crap if u ask me anyways. they should jus give us a smoking room during winter, be better coz i kinda hate going out in the cold when i kinda need a smoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Why not go to the sheltered aread and wear and extra layer of clothes?

ya i suppose, im getting the hint that ppl here dont like smokers, getting alot of negitive feedbacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

i dont smoke and i dont mind people smoking. but is it that big a deal to stand down the steps? apart from "the law" its common courtesy not to stand in the way. which is a regular occourance there.

also while were on standing in the way, why must french students insist on stopping to talk on the stairs in the lrc? arggggghhhhh!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

I think this is a great idea, im sick of having to walk through a cloud of smoke anytime you have to enter the college at LRC and AIB side. I never enter through the main entrance. stevenk said people were getting fined today by buzz. About time I think. There's a sheltered area built especially for smokers but nobody seems to bother using it. The college does have lots of signs along the walkway tbh that say 'no smoking'. I think it gives a bad impression too, anyone visiting the college just see's a pile a fag butts everywhere at the entrance doors. I never understand why they can't use bins :( I actually feel sorry for Buzz sometimes when I seem him sweeping of the fags, it's a daily chore he has to do which he shouldn't really. Use the sheltered area and get over it. Would you rather the college banned smoking all together and made everybody go out to the gate to smoke?

ya it is a good idea, ive started to smoke off the steps now and go into the square thing jus outside the lrc. i dont mind doing it. ya i met buzz yesterday and was telling him that he should complain to the boss and get the smoking bins. someone was telling me that they had them outside the main college entrance and they took them away, how come they took them away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Hey, wouldn't it be an even better idea to stop smoking altogether?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

best idea of them all xavier!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hey, wouldn't it be an even better idea to stop smoking altogether?

WOW!!! what an idea. i bet no one has ever thought of that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

or....

everyone could replace cigarettes with them party blower things like on that ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

also while were on standing in the way, why must french students insist on stopping to talk on the stairs in the lrc? arggggghhhhh!!!!

thats fúckin annoyin alright...and it aint just the french

Kiith wrote:
    WOW!!! what an idea. i bet no one has ever thought of that...

kiith, xavier, trilla up for beers thursday night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

i observed this french thing today in the library. First time I've been in the library in weeks as well. But the birds on the stairs were hot as fcuk so I wasn't bothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Beers no, boobies yes.

Sure givce me a bleedin' buzz on me blower, ya know loik?

Kiith you are a sarcastic tit, it's not my fault you were bullied all your life.

elvis2002 wrote:
    i observed this french thing today in the library. First time I've been in the library in weeks as well. But the birds on the stairs were hot as fcuk so I wasn't bothered.

hot girls can stand where they want! but it does get annoying when theres hundreds of people walking down the stairs after class and they decide to stand in the way.

and as for those irish students, dont even start me on those irish students, drinking all the time.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 lashes

hehe "CLIT POWER!!!"

but yes i agree stop smoking people!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

fúck the lot of you (except you steve)!!! I'll smoke if I want and as long as I'm outside who gives a shít???

haha, good lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

ShayK1 wrote:
    fúck the lot of you (except you steve)!!! I'll smoke if I want and as long as I'm outside who gives a shít???
    You should notice that I never suggested you should stop smoking, you shizno.

well ........... I've no response to that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

ShayK1 wrote:

Em, yore ma???

clam it down now fellurs. gettin all grumpy n stuff now.....

eh No.......

eh.....Ya

thems is fightin words. you 2! meet in the smokin area in 5 minutes for a duel to the death!

haha, jus missed me, was up in the lrc at that time but didnt read the thread until now. tomorrow? haha....

i smell a yeller belly...

• Advertisement

hehe....me.....never

Advertisement