Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Download Stats ?

• 16-01-2006 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

I was away on holiday from the 7th of January till the 14th January, yet my download stats from the 14th have yet to be updated on BT download Stats Online Facility also my last login date is supposedly the 7th of Jan yet I have logged in since. I would like to know is anyone else having problems or does anyone else happen to know why its like this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Its kinda bothering me now , is anyone else having problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Mine haven't worked in ages Willem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Tech Pete

Many people have mentioned this here before.
    The usage thingy often gets stuck.
    Either email them with ur username telling them, ring their tech support or as Zuma has chosen - Ignore it completely :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

E-mail them your username and phone number and they'll sort it.
    Their number is 1890 923 111 or email residentialsupport@btireland.ie.

Mine hadn't been working since mid-November so I decided it was time to get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Wiggy

Why would you want it to be sorted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Vmaxer

If you have a wireless router they thend to keep your connection open even when the PC is shut down, I do have to power down the router a couple of times a week just so the usage monitor gets updated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I think BT resets everyone connection at midnight, which should update your usage states. It used to to this anyway as I've noticed it changing without rebooting the router. Sometimes it gets stuck though so contact them if you want it resolved.

I don't look at my usage stats anymore. If I don't see it, then I haven't gone over the limit ;)

I just rang them and the guy said he would sort it out for me. He said also that he would ring me back.

Wiggy wrote:
    Why would you want it to be sorted?

Just because the cap isn't enforced doesn't mean one should abuse it. Accidentally abusing it would suck. I always like to have a good idea of where I stand. With multiple computers in the house it's not that easy to keep track of what is downloaded where etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Wiggy

halenger wrote:
    Just because the cap isn't enforced doesn't mean one should abuse it. Accidentally abusing it would suck. I always like to have a good idea of where I stand. With multiple computers in the house it's not that easy to keep track of what is downloaded where etc.

But if they can't track it. then you can't abuse it, no?

Willem, when they "sorted" it for you, did it reflect the actual usage when it was broken or did they merely kickstart the meter back to life?

• Advertisement

I am not sure because I now I downloaded stuff last night , but it certainly does not reflect it this morning so I imagine its still screwed.

Wiggy wrote:
    But if they can't track it. then you can't abuse it, no?

Willem, when they "sorted" it for you, did it reflect the actual usage when it was broken or did they merely kickstart the meter back to life?

It fixed it to the proper stats.

It's always been said that they know full well how much each of us download, the stats page is just a bit buggy.

If mine hadn't been tracked since mid-November then how could it list over 10GB for January? You should assume they can and do have proper stats - even if your page is frozen.

My page is frozen again should I contact them again?

Advertisement