Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on painting external walls on new build

Options
  • 16-01-2006 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

In process of a new house build and just planning ahead ...

When the scaffolding etc is all up around the house is it best to paint the exprenal walls at that stage or is it best to leave building to settle and dry out for a year or so?
    Developments nearby have beeen painted as soon as built and thought it may save me cost of hiring a cherry picker later if i do it when scaffolding is up ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

It would be alot easier for you to paint while the scaffolding is up,but this time of year you might find it hard to get a good run at it.Also if you do paint while scaffold is there you will always get scuff marks from scaffold being taken down,but I suppose its only a touch up.

Most certainly get the facia/soffit painted before scaffold comes down,that is ofcouse if its bog standard facia/soffit.You probably have Pvc?.What I would do is get painted anyway.But you could cut it all in twice and then when all is settled and scaffold is out of way,then all you have to do is roll walls in.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bro'

Thanks mad m, don't expect to be at stage of painting for a while yet so weather should be better just planning ahead so i don't miss the opportunity when scaffolding is up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Oh just make sure scaffold is sound and it was put up by professionals,dont want you walking into a trap and falling down now.....

Advertisement