Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lumps

• 16-01-2006 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Hello all,
    I have a dog - he is almost 12 years old... I have noticed recently that he has 3 or 4 lumps about 1 - 2 cm in diameter around his chest/stomach area. I will be taking him to the vet soon, but has anyone come across this? I had a relative who is a doctor say that they are lumps of fat due to age, but I am more inclined to think that they are sists or whatever. I dont think its a hernia.
    Will get him checked out soon though!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭lolo2

my cat has similar - in her case vet said benign, but have em checked once a year. hope its the same fer you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Its not a hernia, but it's best to get this checked out with your vet. Your relative is right in saying this may well be nothing to worry about. Cysts are very common in dogs and are harmless, sometimes they can be sebaceous cysts where they are filled with keratin (these require surgical drainage), lipomas (fatty benign tumors) are common in overweight females, etc... However you also have to bear in mind that the lumps may be cancerous, but your vet will be able to judge on examination whether they require further attention or not. Either way put your mind at rest

Advertisement