Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under 18s Old School Rave Internatinal Bar

• 16-01-2006 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

22nd of January Just off grafton St anyone in ta Dance should defo go
    on from 2 ta 7 tickets are on sale in sound cellar
    Dj Paul from Purre Fm is Playing at it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

The question is, will there be strobe lights?

Wait, that's not the (main) question. The question is how is this relevant to the Junior Cert, eh, eh? These students should be studying, not listening to this new-fangled disco music.

Though, tbh, if you're gonna be advertising (which is not allowed, btw), you really should try and do a good job of it. You know, that thing, we call, grammar, and, that thing, we call "How much are the tickets, damnit?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Apple Gal

The question is, will there be strobe lights?

Wait, that's not the (main) question. The question is how is this relevant to the Junior Cert, eh, eh? These students should be studying, not listening to this new-fangled disco music.

Though, tbh, if you're gonna be advertising (which is not allowed, btw), you really should try and do a good job of it. You know, that thing, we call, grammar, and, that thing, we call "How much are the tickets, damnit?"

Hehehe sometimes you do make me laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭skapunkkeith

stupid computerized dance rubbish

that doesnt take any skill to make a dance song, just a computer and a keyboard

I dunno, I don't think I could make one!

Just a computer and a keyboard and a good knowledge of timing, rhythm, melody and harmony. Among other things. You'd be surprised the amount of skill that goes in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Techno! Will there be techno?!

Whats the diffeence between the two??

Well there are many types of dance: House, Rave, Techno and Trance to name but a few, they all differ. I'm not a big mad dance-head or anything so I couldn't really explain alot about them to you...perhaps wiki would be a better source than I for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭skapunkkeith

mostly they use midi's to make them and programmed sounds, time takes care of itself when its midi's coz they all fit in some way or another

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Deadly I love rave.How much are the tickets

• Advertisement

So... getting back to a jc sorta thing...do ya think you could study dance music making,or what ever it's called in school?

mostly they use midi's to make them and programmed sounds, time takes care of itself when its midi's coz they all fit in some way or another
    Um, no... midis are only gonna fit together and sound good if they're the same time, tempo and, key, unless you intentionally want the song to morph into something else half way through.
    The point is, it still takes creative input and skills to make good dance music, as with most types of music. Don't put it down because the mode of creation is different to the usual.

So you could study it in music I suppose because it is music!

Aye, I don't know anything about the music course, is there nothing on modern music, like a project or a special topic you do? If not, there should be. That'd be cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭madbabe(",)

You can make music on the computer for part of your leavin cert practical! and I suppose you could prob study it as your general study for the junior cert!

Cool!

Timing for simple rhythms would be much easier on computerised music as they'd have built-in metronomes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭John Player

Edit: No talking about drugs. I mean, like.. Junior Cert board? That's bad man. Away with it.

What about BlueDrink? Can we talk about BlueDrink(tm)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I love rave.

Brick Tamland: I love... carpet. [pause] I love... desk.
    Ron Burgundy: Brick, are you just looking at things in the office and saying that you love them?
    Brick Tamland: I love lamp.
    Ron Burgundy: Do you really love the lamp, or are you just saying it because you saw it?
    Brick Tamland: I love lamp! I love lamp...

• Advertisement

Piste wrote:
    What about BlueDrink? Can we talk about BlueDrink(tm)?
    Of course. I love that blue, non-alcoholic powerade. Don't you?
    ¬.¬

Advertisement