Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor Awards hope of 2006

• 16-01-2006 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hello Folks

A quick note to ask you all to Vote for The Marshals as "Hope of 2006"in this years Meteor Awards.
    I would also greatly appreciate if you could pass this on to any of your mailing list you think would vote too.
    Cheers
    Rich
    http://www.rte.ie/2fm/hopefor2006.html

The Marshals will release their debut single Make Her Cry on the 17th of Feb in Ireland and 20th of March in the UK
    for more information on the single (with clips) and tour dates please visit:

www.themarshals.com
    or
    www.myspace.com/themarshals1

Many Thanks

Richard Mc Donogh
    Lupus Music Management

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

good luck to your lads.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Basically you're asking us to vote for a band that haven't released any music in Ireland yet? Feel free to correct me ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

they've released two ep's as far as i remember, they opened oxegen last year (05) on one of the big stages, they've played numerous gigs all around Ireland for the past few years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 john_henry

hooray!! another dreadful irish band changes its name in the hope that everyone will forget how awful they were the first time. i predict that if they fall flat on their asses this time the lead singer will just take out his acoustic guitar and go the old singer/songwriter route. its the law. irish bands are pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭col1032

Id suggest that you actually take the time to listen to these guys. I saw them over a year ago when they palyed in the hub and they were great. They will defintley do well in both the UK and Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Vote for The Radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

ok....I listened...and then i went away.....

back to system of a down and john cale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

john_henry wrote:
    hooray!! another dreadful irish band changes its name in the hope that everyone will forget how awful they were the first time.

the first time? the first time they did what, they've only released a few eps and now they're releasing an album

they had to change their name as there was another band, from the 1980's I believe that were threatening to sue

maybe you should listen to the music before being so judgemental. also, their music is nothing like singer songwriter acoustic style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Vote for The Radio.

yesss vote for the radio, they're really good!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

john_henry wrote:
    hooray!! another dreadful irish band changes its name in the hope that everyone will forget how awful they were the first time. i predict that if they fall flat on their asses this time the lead singer will just take out his acoustic guitar and go the old singer/songwriter route. its the law. irish bands are pathetic.

You're an idiot, they're actually a great band.

• Advertisement
Advertisement