Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggestion

• 16-01-2006 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

I think someone should make a sticky and update it weekly with a list of all the soccer matches that will be live on TV/Sat each week.

Anyone agree?

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Wouldnt do any harm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I prefer to run around pubs like a madman of a saturday afternoon seeing if 'Tony' can get that 'mad turkish channel with the 'pool game on'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I think someone should make a sticky and update it weekly with a list of all the soccer matches that will be live on TV/Sat each week.

Anyone agree?

:)

The only reason i suggest this is because i rarely watch TV anymore so i never know when the live matches are on, but i drop into boards maybe twice a day for a quick look around and the thread would be good to have.

I prefer to run around pubs like a madman of a saturday afternoon seeing if 'Tony' can get that 'mad turkish channel with the 'pool game on'

Thx for contributing :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Good idea, I dont see any problem with it

• Advertisement

can a mod get this going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Kingp35 wrote:
    Good idea, I dont see any problem with it
    me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Great idea, has my support for whatever thats worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

This is a decent site for live events in all sports

http://www.livesportontv.com/sportindex.php?sport=Football

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Noone will read it once it hits 5+ pages.

Some people post when games are on, some people are online to read them :D

kdjac

wardie wrote:

Great link, kinda removes any need for a sticky anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

wardie wrote:

Only thing is it doesnt do RTE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Does anybody know of a site that would have listings for all Western European tv channels, mainly I'm just looking for Germany but I've seen sites before that had all major leagues listed and showed what channels were showing what games.

KdjaC wrote:
    Noone will read it once it hits 5+ pages.

Some people post when games are on, some people are online to read them :D

kdjac

I mean make a locked sticky and some mod can update it weekly with the live fixtures for channels that are available to people in ireland

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Great link, kinda removes any need for a sticky anyway.

i disagree, sure eveything you find on boards can be found elsewhere on the net, so does that mean it removes the need for boards.ie ;)

Yes but why do you now need a sticky when you can just bookmark that other site?

I mean make a locked sticky and some mod can update it weekly with the live fixtures for channels that are available to people in ireland

There will only be a hadnful of games that are live, so it couldn't be that much hassle for a mod

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Yes but why do you now need a sticky when you can just bookmark that other site?

its a bit all over the place, all i really want is premiership games, and it doesn't show RTE

Anyways imo i think it would be a good addition to the soccer forum

its a bit all over the place, all i really want is premiership games, and it doesn't show RTE

Anyways imo i think it would be a good addition to the soccer forum
    I don't think its neccesarily a bad thing, but if a sticky is going to be made it should incorporate more than just the Premiership and English football.

• Advertisement

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I don't think its neccesarily a bad thing, but if a sticky is going to be made it should incorporate more than just the Premiership and English football.

I agree but all i am interested in is premiership, one question before i go on...that link posted a few replies back can you sort that so it just shows premiership matches? :D

Is there many other non premiership matches shown on irish TV, or satelitte? I know bravo does a game or two every week :confused:

I agree but all i am interested in is premiership, one question before i go on...that link posted a few replies back can you sort that so it just shows premiership matches? :D

Don't think so, but it really isn't all that hard to spot the word Premiership along the right hand column.
    Is there many other non premiership matches shown on irish TV, or satelitte? I know bravo does a game or two every week :confused:

Setanta Sports has live English football, Italian football, Scottish football, UEFA Cup etc... as well as the Setanta Cup and Eircom League. They also have German highlights.

Eircom League games are also shown live on RTE and TG4. TV3 show the highlights.

Bravo do Italian soccer.

Bookmark these four links and you won't have any need for a sticky:

Live Premiership on RTE2

Live Premiership on Setanta
    Live Football on SkySports
    Live Football on PremPlus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Here is another link to just all the premiership games

http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?command=forwardOnly&nextPage=enTvListings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

can a mod get this going?

Why dont you as the OP start a thread and do it yourself on a weekly basis.
    ie: contribute ?

Its all very well people saying "why cant a mod do it?", but its strange that people want benefits yet are too lazy to do anything about it themselves. "Me, me, me" springs to mind.

So, why dont you be a good netizen and boards member, start a thread, maintain it with the info that you need, so that others can benefit, and the mods will turn it into a sticky for you (although I think that there are too many stickies on the football forum as it is)?

Shouldnt there just be one sticky for TV/Streams. A computer screen is just a different media compared with a TV screen after all.

redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

A thread to point out the live English premiership matches would be pointless. Basically EVERY match can be watched live on a Saturday if someone has the right equipment to pick it up.

So where would that leave us? Maybe we should start a thread on what houses/pubs etc.., have what equipment... hardly now.

You'll not get a better resuorce than this for scheduled coverage http://www.knplogic.com/sport/ and I know of at least one pub in (Dublin) city centre who can cover all sations listed for next saturdays matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

bluetonic is right.

bookmark this.

the best football TV listing site on the net

http://64.77.87.5/sport/index.html

Advertisement