Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valuation

Options
  • 16-01-2006 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

What are the best ways to establish a valuation on a public limited company?I have been asked to do this as part of a college project. I have decided to pick the following forms of valuation, I would appreciate peoples ideas on the methods I will be using etc....

1) Net Asset Value
    2)Market Value
    3)Discounted model-Gordon Growth

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Dubhelp

Notice Denis O'Brien bought 3% of Independant news and media over the weekend and it shot the value of the company up 7%, basically trying a hostile takeover. He probably saw that it is undervalued because of the assets it holds but more likely to get right up Tony O'Reillys nose.

The Glazers valued Man Utd on its brand equity so as you can see there is no definite science.

If I was to do it I would go by what assets are held as opposed to market share. This was Sean Dunnes approach when buying the durys groupd he bought out their key assets, made a play for the whole company, in turn forcing the other shareholders to decide what to do, do they buy up or sell. Dunne forced up the share price and then sold out realising a €20m profit

As you can see there are different ways of doing things.

Advertisement