Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Griffith College Cork

Options
  • 16-01-2006 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭

Im starting my weekend course for professional accountancy exams up here soon , its Drinan St Cork , just wondering has anybody here attended this college?

Im not 100% on what part of cork its at yet , Goina get the map tomorrow , just wondering is there decent parking available and how hard it is to drive to etc etc , Id be drivin from the Dungarvan Waterford side.

Really looking for any usefull info on the place , to be honest Im not sure what I want to know , Its just goina be hard going back into education especially having a 9 to 5 on the side too , so Im hoping this place is the waterford side of cork for starters :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Careful, because the main part of Griffith College is located on Patrick's Hill (which is easy to get to from waterford), but the part that you're going to on Drinan St is somewhere entirely different. I don't know where Drinan St is, so bear that in mind if you're asking for directions. Have a look at http://www.corkcorp.ie/maps.

A weekend course... you should have no problem with parking on the Sundays, I think its mostly free parking on Sundays in the city centre (confirm that), but on Saturday, you'll have to park well out of the way and walk in unless you want to fork out (thats assuming Griffith College don't have their own parking spots).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Yes Parking is Free on Sunday's However on Sundays its not..... 8.30 to 18.30........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Well the way Im taking it from their website is that the undergrad courses are Patricks Hill and the part time and Prof Accountancy are Drinan St, Im goina ring them to confirm , Its proving difficult to get someone on the phone down there.

I heard Cork city is tore up with roadworks at the minute , somebody recommended that I drive to this Car park outside the centre and get this free hop on hop off into the centre , Im not keen on that idea though.

Have any of ye done a course up here?
    Im getting a little nervous about it now but Im sure it`ll be grand once I get into the swing of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I'm in college in the City Centre i park my car down by the docks its free been parkin there for about 3 years now 5 min walk into the city

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I'd do what PowerHouseDan does on the Saturday. I wouldn't recommend the park and ride to a Waterford person, since the park and rides I know are on the wrong side of the city. Driving through the tunnel and the Kinsale Rd Roundabout would not be a good way to avoid traffic problems :)

Driving in the city is no problem really, not a big deal with road works, and coming from Waterford side you don't hit any really bad spots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Hey thanx a mil for that map link by the way Illkillya.

Your in college down there , have you ever been out near this griffith place at all?

So ye reckon the drive wont be too traumatic? Im on the road about 8 months but Im not great at driving and tend to panic a bit when I hit heavy traffic , Although Ive heard this bypass makes the run dead handy.

Advertisement