Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of lighting up when you *already* have a cigg in your hand?!

Options
  • 16-01-2006 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭

Is this just f*cking nuts or what?
    Just happened to me there... really makes me wonder if I smoke for the nicotine at all.
    Some other kind of mental trigger prompts me to light up a cigg... despite having taken a drag off my currently lit one maybe ten seconds previously.
    Think I'm going to read the Allen Carr book again tonight :(:confused:

(Poll added for hilarity)

This happen to you much? 12 votes

Oh all the time!
    0% 0 votes
    Once in a blue moon...
    41% 5 votes
    Nope / Atari Jaguar
    58% 7 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, that happens me from time to time. Not too often though. Maybe once a fortnight! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

As you say yourself it's a mental trigger too. I've smoked long enough to know what my triggers are e.g. I'll have my last cig break around 4.30ish and soon as 6 comes (I can set my clock by it) I immediately want a cigarette. That's because over the years I've always lit up when I finish work - my "treat" for working hard, so to speak.

Doesn't matter if I actually really "need" one (i.e. ready to punch the head off someone if I don't get a nicotine fix), it's literally the habit I have. There are the rare days when I've been so busy that the little 6 o'clock alarm didn't ring, but on those days the actual nicotine craving that reminds me it's time to light up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Used to happen to me all the time when I was drunk in the pub. I'd leave put my cigarette propped in the ashtray holder thingy, then forget about it, then light up another.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

The second one is never as good as the first tho! dont understand how people chain smoke at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

The worse is when you're hammered and you light up the filter and inhale!!! :eek:

Advertisement