Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law at UCD

Options
  • 16-01-2006 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hello all... I'm in the Leaving Cert. and considering studying a law course of some sort. UCD have a good few on offer there. Would any law students have advice for me on making a choice (e.g. BCL or BBLS)? Or do you have any general opinions on the course, the lecturers, etc?

Thanks for any info!

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I'm going to PM you at the risk of offending certain members of boards who may or may not be studying in or otherwise employed by the law faculty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

I on the otherhand, will risk offence -

Law is the course of choice for the lazy man! It's taken me 2 and half years of hard graft doing B+L (BBLS) to get to the stage where i can become as lazy as a law student!

No longer must i rush lunch, and no longer must i make the impossible decision of deciding whether to watch Ironside/ Murder She Wrote (with the dynamic and observant jessica fletcher)/ The Wonder Years (for the monologues) , i can watch it all, and still miss no class! (Cue toilet flushing with my degree in it)

To summarise;

For the lazy man - Choose LAW!
    Do a proper course (for the first 2 and half years at least) - Choose B+L!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

i'm in B+L along with the two previous posters and i can honestly say i love it. doing some business subjects will be a huge advantage to us later on i think, especially when doing some cases etc and actually understanding what is being disputed.
    but each to their own, i'm just taking my own experience as an example!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭geraghd

Aways err on the side of a four year degree. unless you only wanted to do pure law. But sure what would I know, im only a humble scientician..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Don't think anyone here does law :v:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Except for him, plus he's the only law student who knows how to use a computer, BBLS students on the other hand, all have to buy shiny new laptops, plus you get to waste about 60% of your business class time on the internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

...and for law we have Rossa & McDermott too.

B&L is just a much, much better degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

B & L all the way. It's great

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Here I'll write up an indepth analysis tomorrow on the pros/cons of law in Ucd. But you have to note because of semesterisation this year a lot of what I know is completely defunct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Well Sangre is law so....... ;)

I'm in 3rd B+L and I can't imagine doing just Law!...the extra business subjects really diversify your subjects and add some interesting things to the course! The people in B+L are great too! Become a B+Ler!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

ye we do rock, thats true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 maireadrua

Font22 wrote:
    ye we do rock, thats true
    ...and we're modest too!!!

Choose life. Choose a career. Choose...B&L!

Advertisement