Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slipknot

• 16-01-2006 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Dose anyone know if slipknot are gona play in ireland this year

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

probably not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

afaik slipknot are disbanding for a while to "persue other opportunities"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 munky_boy

afaik slipknot are disbanding for a while to "persue other opportunities"

that is possibly the worst news ive heard all year:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Asi9ine

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=Slipknot+Tour+List+2006&meta=

The wonders of a search engine called Google. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Id love it after seeing them on top form last year and breaking in backstage but i doubt it, isnt corey and jim doing stone sour again and such?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

yep, as far as i know they're on a break, n Stone Sour is doin some stuffs. which is good, SS are a much better band than Slipknot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Arucard wrote:
    yep, as far as i know they're on a break, n Stone Sour is doin some stuffs. which is good, SS are a much better band than Slipknot.
    Now they may be good but i dunno if id say that, still if stone sour are doing stuff they better come to ireland cause there ****e hott aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

munky_boy wrote:
    Dose anyone know if slipknot are gona play in ireland this year

It hasn't even been a year since their last gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 munky_boy

is there a chance of system of a down playin i wonder

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

FFS! I think we should ban any further discussion of Slipknot and SOAD. They belong on a pop music board, not a rock/metal board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Kharn wrote:
    FFS! I think we should ban any further discussion of Slipknot and SOAD. They belong on a pop music board, not a rock/metal board.

:rolleyes:
    Go on, list all the bands they should be listening to instead.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Kharn wrote:
    Leave Slipknot alone boy!
    Dunno what the hell to think of SOAD anymore...

Anyway hope slipknot or stonesour come around sometime in the near future.
    Slipknot were ****ing class live last year, not my favourite band by any means but they put on some live performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Kharn wrote:

In all fairness Kharn, leave it be. Does it really effect you to have a thread about Slipknot, or SOAD here? I think there are far, far worse bands out there. Besides, if I do remember, you used to be quite a Slipknot fan.

I WAS TROLLING!!!

I forgot the ;)

I think you should still give a list of bands people should listen to instead though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Slipknot are an okay band but I've always had one line to sum up how I feel about them: The music is good, the band itself is gay beyond belief.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh what a fantastic line, I'm glad you base what you listen too on that.

Dav's list:
    • Slayer
    • Pantera
    • Sepultura
    Get stuck into them for about 6 months then you'll be ready for lesson 2: Death Metal! :)

Kharn wrote:
    Dav's list:
    • Slayer
    • Pantera
    • Sepultura
    Get stuck into them for about 6 months then you'll be ready for lesson 2: Death Metal! :)

What? No Maiden!? :eek:

Other than that, hard to fault.

What? No Maiden!? :eek:

Other than that, hard to fault.
    I think it's safe to leave out maiden :)...stick in carcass for pantera too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 child of bodom

Gotta have maiden in there they kick ass. Tho i agree with putting in carcass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

not really. Carcass may have been a fantastic band, but the "lesson" as it were, was clearly a thrash metal one. lesson 2 is death metal, and hey, you know i THINK we may just be able to squeeze Carcass into that, just maybe.....

Oh what a fantastic line, I'm glad you base what you listen too on that.

Clearly the entire point of my post what exactly the opposite of what you've just incited: I do listen to Slipknot, despite what I think of the band itself.

What does anyone think of Trivium? I'm undecided this last while. Alot of great stuff, alot of crap stuff. Recently I've been listening to alot of Passenger, Machine Head, Bush, Trivium and.....mystery band :eek:

I've edited my last band mentioned there for reasons relating to my own well being :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Kharn wrote:
    Dav's list:
    • Slayer
    • Pantera
    • Sepultura

Heard em all ;), and for the love of god please tell me lesson 3 isnt Black metal?!:D

I've edited my last band mentioned there for reasons relating to my own well being :cool:
    You can say you like HIM here, I won't bite....tooo hard. ;)
    List three is classical of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 child of bodom

Trivium are good have their albums n def worth buying (prob downloading) n seen them live n they sounded really good. well worth a listen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Nevermore or Atheist tbh..

But...Immortal ftw!!

Hellhammer also :D

You can say you like HIM here, I won't bite....tooo hard. ;)
    List three is classical of course.

I only like two HIM tracks - Right here in my Arms and Buried alive by Love. I find the rest so.....horribly average really, wouldn't be bothered with it much!

You know who's great? Vanilla Ice. I thought he was some ghey pop star until I listened to his stuff! :eek:

you talking bout his old stuff? :D

• Advertisement

you talking bout his old stuff? :D

I don't know what I'd call his new stuff. Rap metal? Lol....it's great stuff though.

Advertisement