Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re - Registering

Options
  • 17-01-2006 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

does anybody know how much it costs to repeat a course in dit.

or does anyone know if you can just put the course down again on your CAO.for next year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i'd say it'd cost about the same to repeat... you're not taking up any additional resources in doing so.

as for CAO, if you've already part-taken in a course afaik (though i could be wrong) you can apply directly to DIT and go past the CAO stuff.

fire off a few emails. can't do any harm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

ye i was told that you could have to pay 3000 eur for a repeat.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

you have to pay.no question about it. just say it near the end of term or post results and its no prob

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

ye i was told that you could have to pay 3000 eur for a repeat.
    wow.. that's insanity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i better start saving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

wow.. that's insanity

i mean to repeat the whole year not just exams.i was told that the govt. pay nost of the fees for the first year but if you repeat a year then you have to pay the lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

yea, if you repeat a year you have to pay it all yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

bingo bango bongo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Depends on whether you have to repeat the entire year or just a couple of subjects in the year. I had to do the latter in 2002/2003 and it was about €1200 I had to pay. If it had been more subjects (> 30% of total AFAIK) then i would have had to pay 1700.

Advertisement