Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El prodictions

• 17-01-2006 8:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

So with a new season at our front doorstep what order will the teams come in??

derry
    cork
    bohs
    drogs
    shels
    waterford
    longford
    bray
    cobh
    sligo
    ucd
    st pats

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cobh arent in the premier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can't see anyone getting near Cork this season. I think Derry will prove to be a one-season wonder, I just don't think they have enough quality players outside of their defence and they played above themselves last season. Shels will do well enough to get second but could face some competition from Drogheda.

Anyway, the First Division is where it's at now - and Rovers will edge it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I think Shels will get closer to Cork in 2006 but Cork still have the better players while Shels have kept some of their deadwood like Crawley and Moore so that's why I think Cork will edge it. I reckon third will be between Derry and Drogheda and I predict quite a large gap back to the rest. I expect Bray and Sligo to spring surprises and Longford to struggle.

My 2006 guess........

Cork City
    Shelbourne
    Drogheda
    Derry
    Bohemians
    Bray Wanderers
    Sligo Rovers
    St. Patricks Athletic
    Dublin City
    Longford Town
    UCD
    Waterford United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'd be surprised (and dismayed) if I can't believe it's not Home Farm stay up. I think it would healthy for the league if they and UCD go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Cobh for the league!

I'm going with the same top four as last season, with Waterford and UCD in the bottom two and CHF just above. Other than that its a lottery, with Bohs possibly taking fifth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Shelbourne
    Cork City
    Drogheda
    Derry
    I think it will be very tight between the top 4, with Shels to edge it will their big squad.

Bohemians
    Longford
    Sligo Rovers
    UCD

St. Patricks Athletic
    Bray Wanderers
    Dublin City
    Waterford United

I don't know what Waterford are up. They've lost Mulcahy, Breen and possibly Heffernan. They were poor last year and somehow survived. They look like certs to go down if they don't improve.

Advertisement