Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Message from Iraq

Options
  • 17-01-2006 9:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

Normally links from dumpalink.com would not be appropriate for this forum but I think this is an exception.

The narrator puts forward a reasoned case without the religious rhetoric we seem to have grown to expect. Is this just very clever propoganda or is it chillingly close to the truth?

Warning: There is one graphic picture of a corpse and I'm sorry about the dating agency ads but this is a mature forum.

/edit Should have mentioned sound required (obvious really)

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1137147844/Brief_Message_From_Iraqi_Insurgency

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Thats just pure propaganda playing up to peoples fears in Europe , I dont know how anybody could be fooled by that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

yeah looks a bit dodgy...there's no way the neo bathists or nationalist resistance would use that type of music in the background for a start. I imagine they wouldn't give 2 ****s what we in the west think either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That music is more appropriate to some Russian revolution themed blockbuster.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The voice over sounds like an English guy tbh. Student prank/stunt more than likely. Like that "AQ press release" where they urged the US to vote for Bush and talked of their terror of Kerry and his thoughtful diplomacy defeating them etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I thought I was watching an Arabic Version of Fox first :D Some very valid points in it though. Iraq was invaded to prop up the Neo Liberal Corrupt Capitalist system. I predict that America will go bankrupt within ten yrs anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭BigArnie

It's a lovely fantasy but perhaps they should stop slowly carving people's heads off in front of video cameras for the rest of the world to see if they want us to believe that codswallop. As far as I'm concerned, a lot of these insurgents deserve the Americans and vice versa.

Advertisement