Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL - which modem?

• 17-01-2006 9:27am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm getting NTL broadband installed next week, and I've seen mention of increased speeds and how some people need modem upgrades as a result. I'm initially applying for the 2Mb package but I assume NTL will give me a modem capable of higher speeds to handle the upgrade. What modem name/model number should I be looking for?

I want to be "armed" with the knowledge just in case they supply the wrong one. :)

Also I've seen mention of them giving a wireless router in cases where the TV point is too far from the computer to wire it. Are they giving these free? I asked when I ordered but the rep I spoke to didn't know about the installations - he just arranged a time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Mate of mine recently got Ntl BB and he got the lastest modem,model No 250.Havent a clue about the wireless though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

NTL 250 will be the one you'll get.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Don't worry about it, all the modems that NTL have been using for the last 12 mnoths or so are the same and they all are capable of the higher speeds.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Thanks all.

Advertisement