Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guide to Premiership Football on satellite

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭yellabelly

I've found the HD picture to occasionally suffer break up (although not merged with another channel). It doesn't seem as steady as last season (or my dish isn't hitting the sweet spot any more).

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭TorresLegend

Cheers, it is very strange. Depending on the time of day the signal varies. Last night for example I got nothing at all from the HD channels, and the Canal Sports 1 channel wasn't there either, while 2 and 3 were perfect. I can see the signal dropping off completely on this transponder. I'll have to make do as I've most other stuff on hotbird working fine as well as 19.2, 28 and now 23.5 which I only just found I had!

Mine has been just about ok so far during the couple of matches I've watched. It has been bright and sunny so I'm a bit concerned what to expect in bad weather especially as I just renewed my card. I'm getting not much more than 50% with 1m on a Dreambox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The only issue I have is the annoying commentary but I found that time shifting for 30 seconds synced the game perfectly with Talk Sport online. It is a shame that the BBC 5 Live stream is actually ahead of broadcast television.

When I can be bothered I feed Radio 5 into Radiodelay but it is not all that convenient to setup every time.
    What I would like is a way to play the audio from another source while watching video from the Cyfra channel. It could be from the internet radio plugin or satellite radio coming from one of the other tuner slots in your STB. Then if you could time shift the radio it would be perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

yellabelly wrote: »
    When I can be bothered I feed Radio 5 into Radiodelay but it is not all that convenient to setup every time.
    What I would like is a way to play the audio from another source while watching video from the Cyfra channel. It could be from the internet radio plugin or satellite radio coming from one of the other tuner slots in your STB. Then if you could time shift the radio it would be perfect.

I mentioned this before but I switch on Cyfra and get my laptop beside me. I then connect, via the browser on my laptop, to my other Dreambox and VLC stream BBC5L. With VLC you can simply pause the stream and sync it with the video output. Takes about 1-2 minutes to get it right and its sorted for the match.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

yellabelly wrote: »
    I'd love to be able to do that, as I have Vu+ Duo, with one tuner on a motorised dish, the other tuner fixed on 28E.

So video from Cyfra, on tuner1, and audio from 5Live on tuner2 would be cool!

I'd doubt it could be done though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads what's the story with RTS 1 Senegal (7e), they are a free to air channel and they have the sunderland v man utd match on it?

is that delayed coverage or live ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Canal+Gol (Poland) swings into action today, showing the villa/Chelsea match. Infact it seems all the uk/Ireland televised matches are on Cyfra+ this weekend.

Here's hoping this is regular as they have been missing some of the games shown on Sky/ESPN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Picture quality on Tring was a bit better today ,not as pixellated and blocky as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

The Manchester City Blackpool game was is not on any of the cyfra+ channels today despite being advertised on the liveonsat website because if you go into canalplus.pl it is not on the official listings for today.

Yes, that pissed me off a bit when I relaised. LJ's is throwing up lots of wrong information. They also say that there was two Heineken Cup matches on Al Jazeera today when there wasn't. They got the Bundesliga wrong yesterday too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

sob1467 wrote: »
    The Manchester City Blackpool game was is not on any of the cyfra+ channels today despite being advertised on the liveonsat website because if you go into canalplus.pl it is not on the official listings for today.
    Stoke v Man Utd does not appear to be on Cyfra next Sun either, a bit surprised by this:(

They do seem to be missing a lot of Sky/ESPN games. I will be looking towards something like Sky Italia next year. Cyfra is quite poor but then you get what you pay for.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    They do seem to be missing a lot of Sky/ESPN games. I will be looking towards something like Sky Italia next year. Cyfra is quite poor but then you get what you pay for.

Its still good value in my opinion especially as alot of the games are in hd and you get la liga, serie a etc but not having a 1.30pm sun game is a downer. Especially when they are showing Newcastle v Sunderland at 1.30 the Sunday after? I suppose its beacause they are showing Górnik Zabrze - Lech Poznan live at that time on C+sports1 but they have no live game on +GOL.

Anyway Sky Italia too expensive for me unfortunately:(

I only use Cyfra for the Premier League so maybe that's why I have a poor opinion of it. I use Al Jazeera for everything else except the Bundesliga which I have on Eurosport 2.

I only use Cyfra for the Premier League so maybe that's why I have a poor opinion of it. I use Al Jazeera for everything else except the Bundesliga which I have on Eurosport 2.

Cyfra is all i have for now so happy enough with it, might ask santa for an al jazeera card :D

Well worth it imo.

Well worth it imo.
    Would need to get a cam as well as only one card slot which is in use so will stick with cyfra, itvhd and rte2/tv3 for now unless i see a good cam and al jazeera card deal.

• Advertisement

I regret buying that Cyfra + card, I think its a bit ****e tbh

byte

Tring still apparently are holding up well, if LJ's listings are right.

Having once caught a glimpse of the pic quality on Tring though, the picture makes JSC look HD (slight exaggeration).

Stoke v Man Utd advertised for Canal+ Gol tomorrow, happy days!

Its still good value in my opinion especially as alot of the games are in hd and you get la liga, serie a etc but not having a 1.30pm sun game is a downer. Especially when they are showing Newcastle v Sunderland at 1.30 the Sunday after? I suppose its beacause they are showing Górnik Zabrze - Lech Poznan live at that time on C+sports1 but they have no live game on +GOL.

L.J.s site lately has become a bit unreliable of late

For the pool fans

they are showing your match on RTS 1 Senegal, a free channel

its on 36e and 7w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

My prayers have been answered. United v Stoke is on canal+ gol on cyfra. It doesn't appear to be advertised on the epg or even the canal+ website. Is there a site that has the canal+ gol schedule anywhere?

Even Ljs don't have it down to be on this channel.

recyclebin wrote: »
    My prayers have been answered. United v Stoke is on canal+ gol on cyfra. It doesn't appear to be advertised on the epg or even the canal+ website. Is there a site that has the canal+ gol schedule anywhere?

Even Ljs don't have it down to be on this channel.

The website was updated on Sat to say they were showing it, it was a late decision as they only started advertising it on there canal sport tv channels yesterday too.
    This is the link for the listings -
    CANAL+ poniedziałek 2010.07.19

Headshot wrote: »
    For the pool fans

they are showing your match on RTS 1 Senegal, a free channel

its on 36e and 7w

ffs ljs messed up again

Im getting a bit pissed off at the site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Cheers. I probably should have refreshed the page when I was on Ljs because I could have sworn it wasn't on the Ljs this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭denis1501

Sky Italia is not expensive, it just depends where you look!

Can you recommend any good retailers for Sky Italia cards. Anywhere I have looked it has been scadelously high. I am trying to expand my options for next year.

Can you recommend any good retailers for Sky Italia cards. Anywhere I have looked it has been scadelously high. I am trying to expand my options for next year.

Sky It cards are available now for between 500-600 euros a year with sport and HD included. If you know where to look!

byte

denis1501 wrote: »
    Sky It cards are available now for between 500-600 euros a year with sport and HD included. If you know where to look!
    That's the cheapest I've ever heard mentioned!

Would that nab you both Sport and Calcio, or just one of them?

Just one of them Byte, you're talking another €100 for both.

byte

denis1501 wrote: »
    Just one of them Byte, you're talking another €100 for both.
    OK.

So is this cheaper option a secret? Or do you just mean I get a sub through somebody I know in Italy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Finne1993

byte wrote: »
    OK.

So is this cheaper option a secret? Or do you just mean I get a sub through somebody I know in Italy?

+1

lads im selling my cyfra hd card

(I dont mean to plug tbh)

If anyone is interested in trading subs, have a look at my sig

im open to trades

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pigeon1916

Hi
    I am considering buying a Ferguson Ariva HD Combo box.
    I have a Technomate 1000 CI for the past 6 yeas, so I want something that can pick up HD.

Can anyone give me some information on what I will need to buy so I can pick up some premiership football using the Ferguson Ariva HD Combo box.
    At the moment I am picking up Astra & Hotbird using 3 lnb on a 80cm dish.

I know that you only get what you pay for, but I want to start with something cheap and I was thinking about a CYFRA + card.

Would I need a CAM and a Card ?

What would you recommend and where to buy ?

All advice welcomed.

Thanks

byte

Does the Ferguson box have a multicrypt cardslot?

If not, then you'd need card+CAM

I recommend satsklep.pl

Does the Ferguson box have a multicrypt cardslot?

If not, then you'd need card+CAM

I recommend satsklep.pl

Thanks for the reply.
    I don't think it has a multicrypt card slot.

Would this work.
    http://satsklep.pl/index.php?s=produkt&id_prod=1249&id_kat=80&id_typu=0

Cyfra+ multipakiet
    Price in the Euro: 151.87

and

http://satsklep.pl/index.php?s=produkt&id_prod=991&id_kat=81&id_typu=0

CAM for Cyfra+ , HDTV

Price in the Euro: 50.54

Would this be similar to what other people are using?

• Advertisement

The ariva will do multicypt with the usual 3rd party firmware upgrade.

snaps wrote: »
    The ariva will do multicypt with the usual 3rd party firmware upgrade.

Hi Snaps
    Thanks for the reply, would you be able to pm me the 3rd party firmware upgrade or the location where I can get it.

Thanks

pigeon1916 wrote: »
    Hi Snaps
    Thanks for the reply, would you be able to pm me the 3rd party firmware upgrade or the location where I can get it.

Thanks

You'll have to register, English forum:

http://www.sat-universe.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401

If not i'll post u a link to a German forum.

snaps wrote: »
    You'll have to register, English forum:

http://www.sat-universe.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401

If not i'll post u a link to a German forum.

Thanks for that Snaps. At the moment I am waiting on Satellite.ie to get the Ferguson HD Ariva Combo Box back in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Finne1993

Just got my renewal price for Sky Italia from the seller I bought it from last December, he wants €800 (He initially wanted €815) for Sport+Calcio+HD, can't see me getting a better price than that but I'm still wary of paying out that sort of money especially now in the current climate, if the commentary of Prem matches was in English I probably would go for it. I was thinking of maybe trying the Calcio only option, it would probably be 250-300 cheaper. Its really only the football I want it for although it was handy having the sport option for some of the rugby matches and the Ryder cup earlier in the year.
    Anyone any better suggestions for me? (BTW I have Tring but its really the HD 3pm matches I want)

byte

I don't think there's much out there to better the Sky Italia, especially for all the HD content.

I know of a Premier League HD bouquet somewhere, others have commented on it. I think it's Scandinavian, but with English comms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

I don't think there's much out there to better the Sky Italia, especially for all the HD content.

I know of a Premier League HD bouquet somewhere, others have commented on it. I think it's Scandinavian, but with English comms?

Viasat on 4.8e Byte - Is the best package now so they say & with English Audio....

4.8e Nordic Beam is very hard to pick up in Ireland though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

Here is a list of matches on Tring this December confirmed by Als@t. Despite the poor picture quality it looks like a very inviting viewing card.

04-DecPREMIER LIGEChelsea - Everton
    04-DecPREMIER LIGEArsenal - Fulham:
    04-DecPREMIER LIGEManchester City - Bolton
    04-DecPREMIER LIGEBirmingham - Tottenham
    04-DecPREMIER LIGEBlackpool - Manchester United
    05-DecPREMIER LIGEWBA - Newcastle
    05-DecPREMIER LIGESunderland - West Ham
    06-DecPREMIER LIGELiverpool - Aston Villa
    11-DecPREMIER LIGEWest Ham - Manchester City
    11-DecPREMIER LIGEEverton - Wigan
    11-DecPREMIER LIGEAston Villa - WBA
    11-DecPREMIER LIGEFulham - Sunderland