Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guide to Premiership Football on satellite

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

IPTV

IPTV is becoming very popular, i have been researching it. In simple terms All that the web side need to send you is a line of coad. Ans if you have fast internet then not a problem. I have seen this working for AD sports all 380 games in English. I would like to get it her in inland but its to expensive.

I know a little about IPTV myself. Regardless of how a TV service is delivered, each station and each piece of content would surely have to be cleared for international viewing to appease rights holders. Given the tight regional conditons enforced on each broadcaster by such rights holders, one might think that such type access being promised would not be possible.

There are some people who form the opinion that rebroadcasting stations without each stations permission as being legal. I dont think this is the case.

It would seem to me to be akin to one person selling access to their personal slingbox on a commercial basis. Filmon lost their battle with the US stations didnt they ?

I havent even considered what Murdoch would do to such a person if he found they were selling EPL via such a method in what he would regard as his own market.

Its not a line of code. Its a loads of streams running on a server. AD Sports are a rights holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

IPTV

IPTV is becoming very popular, i have been researching it. In simple terms All that the web side need to send you is a line of coad. Ans if you have fast internet then not a problem. I have seen this working for AD sports all 380 games in English. I would like to get it her in inland but its to expensive.

Legitamatly you cannot get AD Sports IPTV in Ireland because it is geoblocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Fox Sports to take over EPL coverage in Italy from August.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Fox Sports to take over EPL coverage in Italy from August.

where are you getting this info mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

snaps wrote: »

Fox owned by News International. Murdoch, again.

Speculation that Sky to eventually rebrand as Fox......:)

He got it here probably.

• Advertisement

snaps wrote: »

Ah it's everywhere now mate, seen it on Digitalspy first.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/fox_sports_to_launch_in_italy_with_focus_on_soccer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Ah it's everywhere now mate, seen it on Digitalspy first.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/fox_sports_to_launch_in_italy_with_focus_on_soccer

I cant see this going down too well in Italy if it means additional costs per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

There will be no extra costs, Fox Sports will be added to the 'Calcio' package at NO EXTRA COST! It will be on channel 205 with Sky SuperCalcio going to 204.

"Fox Sports sarà visibile su Sky, sul canale 205 (al posto di Sky SuperCalcio HD che si posizionerà sul 204) e sarà visibile a tutti gli abbonati Calcio senza alcun costo aggiuntivo".

So Sky Italia will now boast :

Serie A
    Serie B
    Bundesliga
    UEFA Champions League
    UEFA Europa League
    English Premier League
    English FA Cup
    La Liga
    French Ligue 1

"Alle 1400 partite di Sky Sport HD che, nella stagione 2013-14, trasmetterà tutta la Serie A, tutta la Serie B, la Bundesliga in esclusiva, tutta la UEFA Champions League e la UEFA Europa League, si aggiungerà sul nuovo canale la trasmissione in diretta dei principali campionati esteri con la Premier League e la FA Cup inglesi, la Liga spagnola, la Ligue 1 francese".

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭mbutler2007

how much Bundesliga did sky Italy show last season ?

denis1501 wrote: »
    There will be no extra costs, Fox Sports will be added to the 'Calcio' package at NO EXTRA COST! It will be on channel 205 with Sky SuperCalcio going to 204.

"Fox Sports sarà visibile su Sky, sul canale 205 (al posto di Sky SuperCalcio HD che si posizionerà sul 204) e sarà visibile a tutti gli abbonati Calcio senza alcun costo aggiuntivo".

So Sky Italia will now boast :

Serie A
    Serie B
    Bundesliga
    UEFA Champions League
    UEFA Europa League
    English Premier League
    English FA Cup
    La Liga
    French Ligue 1

"Alle 1400 partite di Sky Sport HD che, nella stagione 2013-14, trasmetterà tutta la Serie A, tutta la Serie B, la Bundesliga in esclusiva, tutta la UEFA Champions League e la UEFA Europa League, si aggiungerà sul nuovo canale la trasmissione in diretta dei principali campionati esteri con la Premier League e la FA Cup inglesi, la Liga spagnola, la Ligue 1 francese".

I think they didn't have the rights for the Bundesliga last year.

Yes, I can confirm the above now. A deal was signed in March to enable Sky Italia to show the Bundesliga until 2015.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Has it been announced how many FOX Sports channels there will be in Italy? They will need a few for midweek nights when there'll be more than one Premier League game on

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

lertsnim wrote: »
    Has it been announced how many FOX Sports channels there will be in Italy? They will need a few for midweek nights when there'll be more than one Premier League game on

How many Premier League games will Fox be broadcasting for the season?

Thanks

As far as I know it's just one channel in HD and SD but as soon as I hear any different I'll post it here.
    Same goes for how many matches they'll be showing, I'll post here as soon as I get the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Is it any clearer re. who is going to show games under the Middle East license? Everyone said Al Jaz had it - but theres no confirmation of that from them?

Is it any clearer re. who is going to show games under the Middle East license? Everyone said Al Jaz had it - but theres no confirmation of that from them?

Still none the wiser with this set of rights, MP & Silva have them & nothing is confirmed to whom will show the games live.

Can't honestly see these games being on 13e though.

Still none the wiser with this set of rights, MP & Silva have them & nothing is confirmed to whom will show the games live.

Can't honestly see these games being on 13e though.
    Thanks Manc-Red. Are there any other sources emerging that might possibly offer english commentary? I know digiturk did so previously - but unsure if that will be the case again this season?

Thanks Manc-Red. Are there any other sources emerging that might possibly offer english commentary? I know digiturk did so previously - but unsure if that will be the case again this season?
    English commentary on anything other than 28e that is beamed towards Europe is more or less over. 7e/42e with Digiturk is our only hope but I'm sure the FA will be onto them to put an end to that soundtrack being available on their channels.

IPTV is probably the only way from a middle east source.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

There's a couple of cryptic tweets about JSC showing EPL. Guess they're not allowed say much

@AngusScott: It's farewell to my good friends and colleagues at ITV Sport today as Al Jazeera moves on. But what a way to go, Brazil v Spain @AJSENGLISH

@AngusScott: @he5ho all live output on AJSE moving to Doha

There's a couple of cryptic tweets about JSC showing EPL. Guess they're not allowed say much

@AngusScott: It's farewell to my good friends and colleagues at ITV Sport today as Al Jazeera moves on. But what a way to go, Brazil v Spain @AJSENGLISH

@AngusScott: @he5ho all live output on AJSE moving to Doha

And another

@AngusScott: To all those asking about AJ and the EPL next year, nothing is confirmed yet but we are prepared for a busy season next year in Doha.

• Advertisement

Big reveal regarding JSC and EPL coming soon according to @richardajkeys today :-/

Big reveal regarding JSC and EPL coming soon according to @richardajkeys today :-/
    Any sign of it? My god, this is the closest guarded deal of all time!

Any sign of it? My god, this is the closest guarded deal of all time!

Looks like tomorrow is the day. Ffs wish they'd hurry the flip up. Me JSC card is expired and ain't renewing till all this is done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Looks like tomorrow is the day. Ffs wish they'd hurry the flip up. Me JSC card is expired and ain't renewing till all this is done

Any news?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Borgman100

Richard Keys on twitter at 10pm last night said he was expecting to hear some good news on it today! Also Al Jazeera taken up new office space in The Shard building in London.

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Any news?

Press conference in Doha tonight. Although they're 2 hours ahead so...

Apparently just been announced on Al Jazeera. That they have the EPL rights that is

Apparently just been announced on Al Jazeera. That they have the EPL rights that is

were did you get this info

any web site links ?

thanks

were did you get this info

any web site links ?

thanks

From a journo in Cairo. There's loads of stuff coming through in feeds and in Arabic. Waitin for translations

@MohSeif: JSC Sports is set to be rebranded to Bein Sport. (Via @khalifa_qatar). A brand new look for a brand new era. #UCL, #LaLiga, #EPL and more.

• Advertisement

From a journo in Cairo. There's loads of stuff coming through in feeds and in Arabic. Waitin for translations

@MohSeif: JSC Sports is set to be rebranded to Bein Sport. (Via @khalifa_qatar). A brand new look for a brand new era. #UCL, #LaLiga, #EPL and more.

yes a live feed of the news here http://www.en.aljazeerasport.tv/Live/channel/news

Advertisement