Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guide to Premiership Football on satellite

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

AHA! LJ's said Sport 2, but it wasn't there so I didn't see the game (can't be arsed with DA anymore).

Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

snaps wrote: »
    Cyfra+ canal sport 3 10.719 27500 3/4 hotbird. Showing Bolton/man u now!

Snaps, does Cyfra+ show the Sunday games too or just the 3pm Saturday games?

byte

azzeretti wrote: »
    Snaps, does Cyfra+ show the Sunday games too or just the 3pm Saturday games?
    It had the Liverpool game today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Anyone know what games are shown on Nova Sports? Whats the Premier League coverage like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

jenno86 wrote: »
    Anyone know what games are shown on Nova Sports? Whats the Premier League coverage like?

13e?? - not bad, no 3pm's currently but all the rest.

Snag is its not widescreen & over-priced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

M5 wrote: »

If I put in Poland Canal+ comes up. I know that this is a stupid question but is Cyfra+ and Canal+ the same company?

I just have to make sure before buying a new card.

sob1467 wrote: »
    If I put in Poland Canal+ comes up. I know that this is a stupid question but is Cyfra+ and Canal+ the same company?

I just have to make sure before buying a new card.

Yes Canal + Sport is on the Cyfra + card.

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Yes Canal + Sport is on the Cyfra + card.

Thanks Manc-Red for the info & lets hope we can retain the title on Sunday.

• Advertisement

Thanks Manc-Red for the info & lets hope we can retain the title on Sunday.

No bother, I can't see us doing it - least we've got some sort of chance I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Looks like Tring have got the Albanian rights alright. They are now advertising on their site http://www.tring.tv/367-premier-league.html .....no mention of card prices, transponders and/or beam changes. Not sure what to do now, I am only getting the current Tring channels in at about 42%, not sure I would want to chance this on a windy day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

i would say there will be a seperate package for EPL/Sport. as i cant see the Albanians putting up with a price hike just because of the EPL. we will see what happens.

I found this on another forum and thought it might be of interest.
    English Premier League Television Rights 2010-2011

Confirmed

France - Canalsat
    Number of games shown not yet known, based on current deal all Sky/ESPN games and 1 3PM game on Canal+ Sport and one on TPS Star.
    French commentary only

Poland - Cyfra+
    Number of games shown not yet known, based on current deal all Sky/ESPN games and 1 3PM game.
    Polish commentary only

Spain - Digital+ / Gol TV Shared
    Unknown number of games or how rights will be distributed between Digital+ and GOL TV
    Current La Liga rights deal allows the same games to be shown on Gol TV and Digital+ so could be similar
    GOL TV not available on satellite
    Digital+ show FA Cup with English commentary so should be the same for EPL.

Germany - Sky Deutschland
    Up to 5 games per week, probably the same as this season.
    Has English commentary.

Italy - Sky Italia
    Probably the same as this season.
    Has English commentary.

Holland - Sport1
    Probably the same as this season, only 0 or 1 3pm game shown on satellite, all are on cable.
    No English commentary.

Details not confirmed

Middle East - Abu Dhabi Media Company

Confirmed to have rights but have not confirmed details of how they will be shown. Could be re-sold to other channels perhaps Showtime for satellite broadcasting.
    English and Arabic commentary confirmed

Scandinavia - Medge Consulting

Rights in Norway sold to TV2 Sport
    For Sweden, Finland and Denmark Canal+ has teamed up with TV4 to try and win the rights.

The Albanian rights have been won by Tring.
    The Greek rights have been won by Nova

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Finne1993

Got this from digital spy, Abu Dhabi Media company are showing all 380 premiership matches live and have a dedicated HD channel and Premiership channel, the whole package looks amazing and the cards are priced at around €90!! or there is a HD box and card package for around €260! Even if the re-sellers charge double its still well worth it. Only question that remains unanswered is what satellite they'll use, we might be unlucky but at the same time you'd like to think that at those prices they'll want to maximize their income and make it available to as many as possible.
    http://www.admcsport.com/en/satellite.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,397 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'll be very suprised if it's broadcast is on a satellite available in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Finne1993 wrote: »
    Got this from digital spy, Abu Dhabi Media company are showing all 380 premiership matches live and have a dedicated HD channel and Premiership channel, the whole package looks amazing and the cards are priced at around €90!! or there is a HD box and card package for around €260! Even if the re-sellers charge double its still well worth it. Only question that remains unanswered is what satellite they'll use, we might be unlucky but at the same time you'd like to think that at those prices they'll want to maximize their income and make it available to as many as possible.
    http://www.admcsport.com/en/satellite.php

Brilliant package no doubt but I would bet my left leg the EPL have to told them to forget about broadcasting it within reach of the UK. I expect something similar to the last crowd that showed all 380 in 7W.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

it could be 26e badr 6 which id say we can forget about of thats the case,now if its badr 4 (seriously doubt it) then we should get it no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭gan23

Abu dhabi sports 1,2 and3 already broadcast on badr 6, they will probably stick to that. I see they are also offering an IPTV subscription. Could be worth investigating?

gan23 wrote: »
    Abu dhabi sports 1,2 and3 already broadcast on badr 6, they will probably stick to that. I see they are also offering an IPTV subscription. Could be worth investigating?

Sorry but what is a IPTV subscription?

byte

TV over the internet.

I'd doubt the IPTV option would be a goer, as I'd expect IP geo-restrictions.

• Advertisement

yes IPTV is also very un reliable still as well, with a lot of us suffering BB outages a lot. Also the BB speed has to be stable otherwise a lot of buffering takes place. We will see but there is a lot more european options out there.

Abu Dhabi Sport will be broadcasting from 7 west.

http://www.3pmfooty.com/Abu%20Dhabi.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭tomslick

I read on this site that Abu Dhabi will be broadcasting from 7 west. Can anyone confirm?

http://www.3pmfooty.com/Abu%20Dhabi.html

Doesn't really matter to us if they do. That sat is almost unreceivable here. Pity because all EPL matches were shown live from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 regular john

Is it possible to renew the subscription on the canal+ card from satsklep? Or are we talking a fresh card here?

Is it possible to renew the subscription on the canal+ card from satsklep? Or are we talking a fresh card here?

I think you can renew, drop Joanne an email there, she will answer you im sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 regular john

Thanks Snaps.

emailed Joanna and no possibility to renew so its a new card if you want to go with the package again this year.

Anyone heard anymore about Tring.

I read that they will have english commentary.

There was rumours they would show all 380 games but I doubt it.

Even if they just show what Digitalb had (About 140ish games) now with English comm the pack seems the best deal pricewise for EPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

redout wrote: »
    Anyone heard anymore about Tring.

I read that they will have english commentary.

There was rumours they would show all 380 games but I doubt it.

Even if they just show what Digitalb had (About 140ish games) now with English comm the pack seems the best deal pricewise for EPL.

Viasat are showing all 380 games next season mate

Marconi Digital are now advertising Tring cards with Saturday 3pms.

Anyone know if these +1Sport and +2Sport channels that Tring will broadcast EPL on have launched as yet. Just done a scan and cannot find them. Nothing on Lyngsat either.

• Advertisement

redout wrote: »
    Anyone know if these +1Sport and +2Sport channels that Tring will broadcast EPL on have launched as yet. Just done a scan and cannot find them. Nothing on Lyngsat either.

No i cant find them either.

Viasat isn't receivable here as its on 5 east nordic beam

I wouldn't trust Tring, look what happened with digitalb and their rights/coverage?

PQ is poor on Tring as well.

No i cant find them either.

Viasat isn't receivable here as its on 5 east nordic beam

I wouldn't trust Tring, look what happened with digitalb and their rights/coverage?

PQ is poor on Tring as well.

Aye, I think Diema is a great choice for saturday 3pms as they show two every saturday guaranteed. I can confirm that they did last season.

85140069.jpg

This is Trings line up for the first three weeks. I got it of their website via Google Translate. I must admit I am surprised and impressed.

"Saturday, 14 August 2010
    Tottenham - Man City 12:45 pm
    Aston Villa - West Ham 15:00
    Blackburn - Everton 15:00
    Bolton - Fulham 15:00
    Sunderland - Birmingham 15:00
    Wigan - Blackpool 15:00
    Wolverhampton - Stoke 15:00
    Chelsea - West Brom 1730

Sunday, 15 August 2010
    Liverpool - Arsenal 16:00

Monday, 16 August 2010
    Man Utd - Newcastle 20:00

Saturday, 21 August 2010
    Arsenal - Blackpool 15:00
    Birmingham - Blackburn 15:00
    Everton - Wolverhampton 15:00
    Stoke - Tottenham 15:00
    West Brom - Sunderland 15:00
    West Ham - Bolton 15:00
    Wigan - Chelsea 17:15 pm

Sunday, 22 August 2010
    Newcastle - Aston Villa 13:30 pm
    Fulham - Man Utd 16:00

Monday, 23 August 2010
    Man City - Liverpool 20:00

The Saturday, 28 August 2010
    Blackburn - Arsenal 12:45 pm
    Blackpool - Fulham 15:00
    Chelsea - Stoke 15:00
    Liverpool - West Brom 15:00
    Tottenham - Wigan 15:00
    Wolverhampton - Newcastle 15:00
    Man Utd - West Ham 1730

Sunday, 29 August 2010
    Bolton - Birmingham 13:30 pm
    Sunderland - Man City 15:00
    Aston Villa - Everton 16:00"

I do not believe that is the fixtures Tring will broadcast - instead that is just the opening 3 weeks fixtures.

byte

It does say at bottom of page that "schedule is subject to constant change" though that of course still doesn't necessarily mean their TV schedule.

If it was their schedule, surely it'd mention what channel it'd be on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

What's the best package for PL football? Eng commentary preferable. Any cheap ones? Less than 200 quid?

cyfra+, which will include hd, only polish audio. nova sports czech, but getting a sub is the hard part!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

cyfra+, which will include hd, only polish audio.

thanks snaps... I won't mind the Polish audio. Where could I see what the full list of channels is that I would get with a Cyfra+ sub? Thinking if it has TCM and/or MGM Movies in orig lang then I'd get the green light from SWMBO :D

EDIT
    Snaps, if I get this subs, will this give me all their EPL? (and Canal+ movies in English)... looks like a bargain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I cannot find a list showing what each Cyfra+ package contains. For example does anyone know if this contains Eurosport 2 HD for the Bundesliga?

• Advertisement

thanks snaps... I won't mind the Polish audio. Where could I see what the full list of channels is that I would get with a Cyfra+ sub? Thinking if it has TCM and/or MGM Movies in orig lang then I'd get the green light from SWMBO :D

EDIT
    Snaps, if I get this subs, will this give me all their EPL? (and Canal+ movies in English)... looks like a bargain

The Canal+ Sport film and Canal+ has original language when available, the Sports doesnt, this will get you the 7 channels (Canal+, Canal+ Film, Canal+ Film HD, Canal+ sport 1,2 & 3, Canal+ sport HD), I had this last year. Done me proud. Most saturdays they had a 3pm kick off.

Heres a link so you know what channel has what audio:

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/cyfra.html

Cinemax HD shows as polish only, but it does infact have orig lang option.
    Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I cannot find a list showing what each Cyfra+ package contains. For example does anyone know if this contains Eurosport 2 HD for the Bundesliga?

The prepaid cards are slightly different i think to a monthly sub. This package has it!

http://www.cyfraplus.pl/_abo_pakiety-abo4.html

To get around polish audio i used to radio delay five live from a sky box feed through my laptop by 6 seconds on Canal+ sport HD for English commentry, then feed out the delayed commentry to my surround amp. Easy enough to do with 2*rca to 3.5mm leads.

Also i heard getting the cyfra+ multipaket HD card and the full mix prepaid Polsat cam and card is a cheaper way of getting all the channels, plus you'll have Polsat sports, TVP sports etc for the other Football matches, eg, Fa cup, Internationals, SPL etc.

http://www.satsklep.pl/index.php?s=produkt&id_prod=992&id_kat=84&id_typu=0

and then purcahse this when the 1 month has run out:

http://www.satsklep.pl/index.php?s=produkt&id_prod=1136&id_kat=267&id_typu=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

The Canal+ Sport film and Canal+ has original language when available, the Sports doesnt, this will get you the 7 channels (Canal+, Canal+ Film, Canal+ Film HD, Canal+ sport 1,2 & 3, Canal+ sport HD), I had this last year. Done me proud. Most saturdays they had a 3pm kick off.

Nice one snaps... looks like it will be a runner - any links to a TV Listings for the Canal+, Canal+ Film, Canal+ Film HD channels on the sub? [just so that I get a good idea of what the programming is like]

Nice one snaps... looks like it will be a runner - any links to a TV Listings for the Canal+, Canal+ Film, Canal+ Film HD channels on the sub? [just so that I get a good idea of what the programming is like]

Open in google chrome and it will translate:

http://www.cyfraplus.pl/program/abo/

If you click on the programme it will show you the English name of film in English in any other browser.

You are a fountain of knowledge. I take my hat off to you.
    The prepaid cards are slightly different i think to a monthly sub. This package has it!

http://www.cyfraplus.pl/_abo_pakiety-abo4.html

Outside of my budget :(

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    You are a fountain of knowledge. I take my hat off to you.

Outside of my budget :(

Go with the old reliable,

Cyfra+multipaket HD and an Al Jazeera sports card.

Beauty is both services are on Hotbird 13 east, you'll have an abundance of sport and at the moment Al Jazeera sports HD is on Hotbird!!

250€ the lot!!

I would recommend the blue Al Jazeera cards in Viaccess 4 instead of the Irdeto orange ones.

That's the new plan :) Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Go with the old reliable,

Cyfra+multipaket HD and an Al Jazeera sports card.

Beauty is both services are on Hotbird 13 east, you'll have an abundance of sport and at the moment Al Jazeera sports HD is on Hotbird!!

250€ the lot!!

I would recommend the blue Al Jazeera cards in Viaccess 4 instead of the Irdeto orange ones.

is that 250 include or exclude the receivers?

what leagues do cyfra have, snaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 uracucksucker

hi,can anybody tell me if al jazerra or cyfrra has wwe wrestling..

Headshot wrote: »
    is that 250 include or exclude the receivers?

what leagues do cyfra have, snaps?

No, you will need a 80cm dish pointed at 13 east hotbird. Sd receivers can be brought for as low as 35€, HD ones from as low as 85€. Any of the current combo boxes doing the rounds with a card slot will work, though you may need a 3rd party firmware installed.

Polish, EPL, Spanish, Italian

I haven't a clue, sorry.

http://www.wwe.com/schedules/television/rw/country/Poland

Extreme Sports Channel, TV Puls and Eurosport show all of the WWE in Poland. In the Middle East it looks like Orbit Showtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

Dont think so mate, I had the sub last year and it was never on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement