Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guide to Premiership Football on satellite

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

IrishBazza wrote: »
    Where is the best place to get a full HD sub for Digiturk? I can be PM with details. Thanks

Creative Satellite sell that card I am not sure if its the HD version though. The cards cost £500 and £700. Here is the link:

http://www.creativesatellite.co.uk/contents/en-uk/d186.html

or you could get Digiturk from this site for £552.

http://www.digicams-uk.com/prod179.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Ok Spormax HD on 7e has no english audio but the new Premier league HD does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭twig

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Just a rename, thats a serious serious channel:)

Just scanned it in! it looks unreal best HD ive seen i think :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

My mate just texted me and told me all the channels on Tring that are showing the PL have went black and there is just audio?

Is he high or can someone confirm?!

Edit:

I think this might be the card not decrypting the picture because it isn't a tring plus card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

According to http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussion.cgi?disc=200455;article=174783
    a newsbar appeared saying there will be no broadcasts between 3pm and 5pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Finne1993

Theres a lot of Bulls**t floating around different forums about Tring today, I think a lot of these people are willing it to fail coz they've been predicting it since they won the rights, its working fine for me, I've been watching Blackburn V Everton from long before the kick off and its working fine, it did'nt break u or stop once, I flicked to the other 3 games and they're all working fine, only English commentary on one of the matches at the very start but all in Albanian now, They're obviously having technical problems but its still a cheap card for 4 3pms.
    Perhaps this "message" (that I never seen) was stating the 3pms would'nt work unless you have Tring plus.
    Maybe this whole Tring plus thing is a gimmick, is there anyone who has just the regular card and didnt upgrade to plus?

Finne1993 wrote: »
    Theres a lot of Bulls**t floating around different forums about Tring today, I think a lot of these people are willing it to fail coz they've been predicting it since they won the rights, its working fine for me, I've been watching Blackburn V Everton from long before the kick off and its working fine, it did'nt break u or stop once, I flicked to the other 3 games and they're all working fine, only English commentary on one of the matches at the very start but all in Albanian now, They're obviously having technical problems but its still a cheap card for 4 3pms.
    Perhaps this "message" (that I never seen) was stating the 3pms would'nt work unless you have Tring plus.
    Maybe this whole Tring plus thing is a gimmick, is there anyone who has just the regular card and didnt upgrade to plus?

Got this from the alsat forum:
    I bought Normal Tring Card NOT Tring Plus, Got all th matches so far. earlier one and all 3pm too, no freezing or anything so far

Finne1993 wrote: »

So you can confirm that all the 3pm games are working?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭twig

redout wrote: »

I have nothing but audio on all there channels! had picture up until around ko time and just went blank! canal + liga on 30w is fta and in english, a lifesaver :) Bolton v Fulham is on.

Yep, all working perfect, Albanian commentary on all 4 matches. I bought the card about a month ago before there was any word of this Tring plus but I was told the card would be updated automatically and it has or as Oatsy has quoted from the Alsat forum the whole Tring plus thing might be BS.

twig wrote: »
    I have nothing but audio on all there channels! had picture up until around ko time and just went blank! canal + liga on 30w is fta and in english, a lifesaver :) Bolton v Fulham is on.

Perhaps Tring plus does exist!!

I'd say it does and yours was updated Finne. The only Tring channels not working are the ones showing EPL. The rest are all working as normal.

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I'd say it does and yours was updated Finne. The only Tring channels not working are the ones showing EPL. The rest are all working as normal.

As far as I can determine from here and a couple of other websites the tring plus cards did show all the 3pm games. Only non-tring plus did not as was advertised. Seems Darkman was correct going on todays showing.

Just found out that there is yet another Premier league HD channel this time on 30W.

It belongs to one of the portuguese carriers either Meo or Cabo.

EDIT: Just launched on friday apparently - SportTV Liga Inglesa HD and it has English commentary.

H
    3/4

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

twig wrote: »
    Have you a Plus card? There were new card updates for the 3pm games (ECM). If you didn't get the ECM, you didn't get the stations, afaik.

Personally, I wouldn't be too worried about English commentary if it were just unavailable for the 3pm games. I'm sure I'd manage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Ghozmit

Hi
    i have BIG BIG problem with Premier League HD (aka PLTV) at Digitruk - Eutelsat W3A 7E

look at these pics:
    1_98.jpg 3_16.jpg 4_8.jpg

and it's the pic i took during spurs-city match:
    nmpp.jpg

anyone else had same as this problems? and what i can do to fix it?
    at some moments i have this prob :(
    now PLTV is showing replay of Wigan-Blackpool and i have problem again and again ......:mad:

PS: sorry for my english

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Just found out that there is yet another Premier league HD channel this time on 30W.

EDIT: Just launched on friday apparently - SportTV Liga Inglesa HD and it has English commentary.

H
    3/4

This one i need to check out!!

H
    3/4

This is a fantastic channel. Great pic quality. Live matches in English and full re runs of the weekend matches. Only thing that spoils it is Andy Townsend is hosting the chat show at the moment!

http://www.sporttv.pt/LigaInglesa.asp

Ghozmit wrote: »
    Hi
    i have BIG BIG problem with Premier League HD (aka PLTV) at Digitruk - Eutelsat W3A 7E

look at these pics:
    1_98.jpg 3_16.jpg 4_8.jpg

and it's the pic i took during spurs-city match:
    nmpp.jpg

anyone else had same as this problems? and what i can do to fix it?
    at some moments i have this prob :(
    now PLTV is showing replay of Wigan-Blackpool and i have problem again and again ......:mad:

PS: sorry for my english

anyone?

• Advertisement

see what happens next time you watch it.

What receiver are you using to watch it?

Your not really helping us out with details mate, the more details you give us the more chance of us helping you?

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

snaps wrote: »
    This is a fantastic channel. Great pic quality. Live matches in English and full re runs of the weekend matches. Only thing that spoils it is Andy Townsend is hosting the chat show at the moment!

Snaps,

How much does the Sporttv channel cost and how does one subscribe?

Thanks,

William

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Digiturk too are carrying this channel, absolute sensational channel:)

Its on Digiturk, canal digital scandinavia and Tv cabo portugal. Its expensive for subs to these but there are ways of watching, which i cant discuss unfortunately

An update on Tring, English commentary on the Utd match tonight, only thing is though you've to put the receiver to the mono settings for it to come through properly. Picture is just ok but for 8 live matches a week its the best value for money out there. I'll be keeping a close eye on next weeks 3pms for English commentary.

Anyone wanting Tring heres the best deal I've seen, €255. Irish seller on ebay, he says the cards he has showed all the 3pms last weekend, no mention of Tring plus but I've bought cards from this seller before and he is genuine.
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Tring-Tv-100-positive-fead-back-/160468607216?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL

There will be another 4 3pms on Tring this week according to liveonsat:

Arsenal v Blackpool - Tring Sport News (+1)
    Stoke City v Tottenham - Tring Shqip (+2)
    Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Tring World (+3)
    West Ham United v Bolton Wanderers - Tring Planet (+4)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

will they all have english audio or will it just be 1 match like last week

see what happens next time you watch it.

What receiver are you using to watch it?

Your not really helping us out with details mate, the more details you give us the more chance of us helping you?

United v Castle had same problem :(
    i use DVB SKYSTAR HD2 (Technisat)
    http://www.technisat.com/indexd606.html?nav=PC_products,en,76-15023

although i have same problem with other channels of Digiturk at this frequency:
    10886 H 30000 5/6 8PSK

but i dont have any any problem with other digiturk channels
    just that frequence :mad:

United v Castle had same problem :(
    i use DVB SKYSTAR HD2 (Technisat)
    http://www.technisat.com/indexd606.html?nav=PC_products,en,76-15023

although i have same problem with other channels of Digiturk at this frequency:
    10886 H 30000 5/6 8PSK

but i dont have any any problem with other digiturk channels
    just that frequence :mad:

Seems you have a mpeg 4/ DVBs-2 problem, install a decent mpeg 4 HD codec.

^^^^
    can you provide me a link to download that codec?
    i couldn't find it
    thanks for the help :)

• Advertisement

I installed the codec, but still i have problem :(
    i guess problem is from the channel (digiturk) and not me
    because i dont have any problem with hd channels at hotbird or other hd channels from digitruk in another frequences
    my prob is only with 10886 H 30000 :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

Any news on whats on cyfra+ at 3pm on saturday?

Superfin wrote: »

Nothing up yet on ljs we will just have to wait and check the third test sport channel and sport 2 channel on saturday evening.

Any use? http://www.canalplus.pl/program?2010.08.21

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭TorresLegend

Quick update on where I'm at lads, everything has now arrived and I'm just waiting for the guy to come and install next week. www.satellitetv.ie delivery times and customer services was excellent. www.tvtrade.ie had there stuff here in a flash. www.pulsat.co.uk took a few days longer but their customer service is excellent. The card from www.satsklep.pl was here inside a week.

I decided to plug my new VU+ Duo into my existing dish so I could familiarise myself with my first linux receiver. it's definitely worth putting the time and effort into it and after a some time I was able to get my sky card working on all the channels I pay them for.

Can't wait to get it set up so I can cancel Sky and watch the same amount of football on Cyfra for so much cheaper.

I think space requirements are against me (the 85cm clear dish is massive!)so the current sky dish will have to go, so there will be no Radio 5 Live commentary from that aspect. However I noticed the Man U Newcastle game was on BBC Iplayer, not sure if we'll get all the games in Ireland but hopefully it will be an option. Thanks to snaps for the radiodelay program which worked a treat when sending audio from skybox through pc sound card, I just need one now that will delay the Iplayer pc audio as the internet commentary was 1-2 seconds ahead of the match on Sky Sportsh HD1.

Final thanks goes to Redout and Manc-Red who've along with snaps helped me to get this far.

Roll on next week!

Sounding good - you'll be up and running in no time.

Delighted its all going well so far.

Read on another forum that Sky Italia are now seemingly putting viewing card numbers on the top corner of the screen during football games. Something about pubs using the domestic card to show football instead of obviously using Sky here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

william wrote: »

Still no 3pm Kick-offs on a saturday :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Still no 3pm Kick-offs on a saturday :mad:

I think they dont give Canal+ sports3 listings online and the games just appear on the test channel at 3pm (according to snaps) so cross those fingers:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

folks what is the story with a tring card?

i keep reading mixed messages about tring and tring + cards
    edit
    which card will have the 3pms KO?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

they have the 3pms but picture quality is not great and only had english audio for 1`of the matches will know more after this weekend

I installed the codec, but still i have problem :(
    i guess problem is from the channel (digiturk) and not me
    because i dont have any problem with hd channels at hotbird or other hd channels from digitruk in another frequences
    my prob is only with 10886 H 30000 :mad:

But did you change your codecs in the dvb software settings?

I think they dont give Canal+ sports3 listings online and the games just appear on the test channel at 3pm (according to snaps) so cross those fingers:D

Does this apply to those with the satsklep card also?

I haven't seen the test channel...............

@ snaps
    yea,
    is there anyone could possible test Premier League HD at digiturk?
    i guess the prob is from digiturk :(

snaps, have you digiturk?

and also where i can find schedule of premier league hd?
    i checked http://digiturk.tv but said no schedule for this one!!

Ah, Damn digiturk...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

william wrote: »
    Does this apply to those with the satsklep card also?

I haven't seen the test channel...............

Canal+ Sports 3 is on 10719V 27.5 3/4 (same as Sports 2)

@ snaps
    yea,
    is there anyone could possible test Premier League HD at digiturk?
    i guess the prob is from digiturk :(

snaps, have you digiturk?

and also where i can find schedule of premier league hd?
    i checked http://digiturk.tv but said no schedule for this one!!

Ah, Damn digiturk...

No i don't have all the digiturk channels. The PLTV channel is the same as sport tv liga inglesa as far as i know, so use this tv guide:

http://www.sporttv.pt/Programacao/ProgramacaoAvancada.asp?Modalidade=&Competicao=&Canais=SPORT.TV+LIGA+INGLESA&select=20&select2=8&select3=20&select4=8

Are your problems all the time with that channel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭irishchris

No i don't have all the digiturk channels. The PLTV channel is the same as sport tv liga inglesa as far as i know, so use this tv guide:

http://www.sporttv.pt/Programacao/ProgramacaoAvancada.asp?Modalidade=&Competicao=&Canais=SPORT.TV+LIGA+INGLESA&select=20&select2=8&select3=20&select4=8

Are your problems all the time with that channel?

cheers for link mate. see they have arsenal-blackpool games at 3pm sat and all the sky/espn games as well this weekend :D

Thank you so much snaps for your helps
    unfortunately yes :(, every time i checked the channel i have the prob. every 1 or 2 minutes i can cleary see that BLACK's shadow at bottom
    digiturk is most poor television i have ever seen!!
    i checked their website but couldnt find any email!! i would send email and ask about that blacks!

and thanks for the link
    although digiturk channel is exclusively for English Premier League and dont broadcast any program about Liga, but that schedule is useful sometimes.

thanks again snaps :)

Canal+ Sports 3 is on 10719V 27.5 3/4 (same as Sports 2)

Found it. Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement