Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get cat to take worm tablet

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭pinkyfluff

ok get your cat on your lap, hold the scruff of his neck and let him place his paws on your chest, use a towel if the cat is aggressive, his mouth will automatically start to open, open the mouth and pop the pill far back in the cats mouth, close his mouth and rub under his chin, this stimulates him to swallow, rub from his chin to his neck, voila!!! pill gone!!
    i used to work in a vets and this was the only way to do it, always works and is less stress on the cat

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adventure Pout

I put a bit of butter on the tablet and hold the cat head a bit back - his mouth will open eventually and just drop the tablet. Hold his mouth closed for a few seconds to make sure the tablet went down.
    It works fine for me..
    As somebody else mentioned, Stronghold is good only for roundworm. So you still need to give tablet for tapeworm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭B'witched

electron wrote: »
    how big do you make the wrap:D?

Depends how big the cat/kittens mouth is............... Bite size;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

a rather moving story on this topic: :D
    http://www.cathobbyist.com/articles/PillingACat.html
    /.../Sneak up on him from behind, while he's sleeping, when he's in the litter box, during a meal. Use a pill popper. No, not that one. THIS brand of pill popper. Stay away from pill poppers. Use your fingers. Be firm. Be gentle. Sing. Don't utter a word. Not even a guttural sound. Get the pill in the very back of his mouth, in the middle on the left side, to the right./.../

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Hilarious!!!:D Laughed so much my side hurts!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

yeh, that's the one they referred to.

Advertisement