Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discover Ireland Ad

Options
  • 17-01-2006 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭

This thread is going to appear here sooner or later... but this morning at approx 7.15am I was watching C4 while multi-tasking and an ad for discover ireland came on I thought to myself oh look theres lovely Kinsale and that man is drinking Guinness and eating Oysters and then oh look there's another man in Kytlers in Kilkenny end ad.

I started laughing to myself oh wait and see all the Waterford people will be on here complaining wait and see. So I decided in an unhelpful way to fan the fires.:D And start the thread just incase any of you missed the ad

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

There was an explanation for these ads before on Billy McCarthy.
    He rang the Discover Ireland people about ads that were appearing in the print media where Waterford did'nt seem to be on the map and he was told the country was being marketed region by region and Waterford would get its turn , and lo and behold a couple of weeks later Waterford was featured in the ads along with the South east region .
    So maybe thats the story with these tv ads and anyway who cares ? We are'nt that desperate for a load of penny pinching english people coming over here and complaining about everything , and if Ireland is such a great place to go on holidays why do record numbers jet away to the sun every year .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

trishw78 wrote:
    So I decided in an unhelpful way to fan the fires.:D And start the thread just incase any of you missed the ad

the actions of a common troll

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Mossy Monk wrote:
    the actions of a common troll

I wouldn't think so... there was a fuss being mad over a stupid car ad here last week and seeing Waterford people love complaining about not being thought about I just thought I'd add one more reason to that list.

meldew I take it by that tone that you've never taken a holiday in Ireland and I think that all Irish people should take a holiday in Ireland and I don't mean stay in waterford either go west go north. There's a lot see in this beautiful country, and trust me it is a beautiful country. And before you start complaining about the cost of hotels try camping, hostels, B&B's. It only costs as much as you want to spend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

trishw78 wrote:
    there was a fuss being mad over a stupid car ad here last week

indeed there was. you saw how that thread went, why have it all again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

if I tell you the truth I'll just get banned...

the why do it again because it's only a matter of time before someone sees the ad and gets the hump about not being included. and if what meldrew says is true
    meldrew wrote:
    There was an explanation for these ads before on Billy McCarthy.
    He rang the Discover Ireland people about ads that were appearing in the print media where Waterford did'nt seem to be on the map and he was told the country was being marketed region by region and Waterford would get its turn , and lo and behold a couple of weeks later Waterford was featured in the ads along with the South east region

thread closed.

I'm moving on with my life good day to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

what is it with the Waterford forum and mindless threads? aiwebs_030.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thread closed.

Mike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement